Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2013, 12:25   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Drove a friend's Brio last night! Must say its a very nice car to drive, the feel inside is great. It was the base variant with black door handles/mirrors & no wheel caps.
What i found shocking & annoying was that there is no joystick to adjust the mirrors from inside. You have to first roll down the windows & adjust it, while this is possible on the right how is one supposed to do so on the left! I'm surprised Honda did this considering the base variant comes with front power windows & the least they could do was provide the joystick inside for convenience sake.
In comparison, the i10 base comes with silver/chrome door handles, integrated signals on the external mirrors and beat this, it has electric mirror adjustments in the base variant of 1.2. Not to forgot it also has rear power windows.
Old 17th March 2013, 14:00   #1097
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

In comparison, the i10 base comes with silver/chrome door handles, integrated signals on the external mirrors and beat this, it has electric mirror adjustments in the base variant of 1.2. Not to forgot it also has rear power windows.
And it also comes with the legendary hyundai ride and handling!!

You can either have a fun to dtive car or a (not so useful)feature packed one. Take your pick!!
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 12:36   #1098
BHPian

+1 to agambhandari

Agree the joystick is a shocking omission by Honda but to think of it, if you are the sole driver of the car, how many times do you actually adjust ORVM's.

End of the day I prefer driving pleasures to gizmos. To each is own.
Old 18th March 2013, 13:02   #1099
BHPian

Some prick has made marks in my Brio's left rear door and bonnet lid. The bonnet lid scratch is big and the rear door scratches are too many and slightly deep. Looks like someone did it with some sharp piece of object. Any idea what can be done now to mask these scratches? Will waxing or polishing remove them or do I need to paint the rear door and bonnet lid? If I need to paint these two any idea how much it will cost?
Old 18th March 2013, 13:11   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Any idea what can be done now to mask these scratches? Will waxing or polishing remove them or do I need to paint the rear door and bonnet lid? If I need to paint these two any idea how much it will cost?
Sorry to hear about the incident. Rogues like this deserves to be behind bars for destruction of property.

Try and run your hand over the scratches to check how deep the scars are. If they are deep rubbing and compounding wont work. The only option then would be repaint.

I'd suggest you undertake a DIY rubbing & compounding and see how successful you are are in hiding them. If this does not work out repaint is the only option.

Could post some pics of the scars to give a better opinion.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 13:37   #1101

Quote:
Some prick has made marks in my Brio's left rear door and bonnet lid. The bonnet lid scratch is big and the rear door scratches are too many and slightly deep. Looks like someone did it with some sharp piece of object. Any idea what can be done now to mask these scratches? Will waxing or polishing remove them or do I need to paint the rear door and bonnet lid? If I need to paint these two any idea how much it will cost?
This is sad my friend. I suggest you use com-paint's scratch remover which comes with touch up spray paint can. The value kit has a cleaner to clean the scratch area, filler which will fill up the scratches, a paint can with matching color to paint the affected area and a finishing spray.

I have used it on my Civic few weeks back with satisfaction (a rickshaw scratched my car while it was parked). Bought it from carlounz.com.

Currently 5 colors for Brio are available - Silver, Blue, Red, White & Titanium. You can check the 'how-to' video and buy the product here - http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/co...-for-cars.html

If this does not work then you will have to visit the service center but then it will pinch your pockets. Sad this happened in the first place.
itsmbabel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 17:02   #1102
BHPian

Thanks arup.misra and itsmbabel. Will click and post a pic. Was checking for rubbing and compounding. Just went through the carlounz product suggested by itsmbabel and ordered a com-paint scratch remover from that link. Will try it first, else if it doesn't work out, I guess I will need to take it to 3M for some solution or worst case to the dealer for a repaint of rear door. Some of my buddies told me rear door paint will cost 8K-10K. Not sure if it will cost that much though.
Old 20th March 2013, 20:26   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks arup.misra and itsmbabel. Will click and post a pic. Was checking for rubbing and compounding. Just went through the carlounz product suggested by itsmbabel and ordered a com-paint scratch remover from that link. Will try it first, else if it doesn't work out, I guess I will need to take it to 3M for some solution or worst case to the dealer for a repaint of rear door. Some of my buddies told me rear door paint will cost 8K-10K. Not sure if it will cost that much though.

Unless your car is some unique colour (like red, for example), I'd suggest taking it to a good local paintshop. They can match - if not better - the dealer when it comes to colours like white, black, etc. for less than half the price. That's how we get rid of the inevitable minor scratches and dents on our cars.
Old 21st March 2013, 08:50   #1104
BANNED

Gearing of Brio AT

Does any member have information about the exact gearing of the Brio AT. It looks like 5th is about 40 kph/1000 rpm.
Old 21st March 2013, 10:36   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Finally picked delivery of my RED hot BRIO, s(O) MT trim last friday. Absolutely terrific to be inside the car, especially, driving it.

I loved the way the gear slots ( yes, i do, never found it tough ), the way the engine begs to rev it up higher, the colour of the car from the outside, the noiseless way it navigates around the traffic and everything else that people have said good about this car.

What i didn't like was the noise you get when you sit behind. Even a very small stone flipped up by the tyres into the wheel well makes you feel like a big stone has fallen closer to your ears. Otherwise, its a joy to be driving this car.

Need one small help - the System doesn't play songs from my ipod and my samsung Tablet. When i plug in the ipod to the USB port, the display says " ipod -old version" and nothing else happens

When i plug in my samsung tablet, the display on the system says " USB-Load" and that's it, nothing else.

I am a little lost. Perhaps, i am trying with the wrong devices or missing something simple that can help play the songs. help.
Old 21st March 2013, 11:50   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Finally picked delivery of my RED hot BRIO, s(O) MT trim last friday. Absolutely terrific to be inside the car, especially, driving it.
Congrats !!! Enjoy the ownership. Its a delight to drive this car.

Quote:
Need one small help - the System doesn't play songs from my ipod and my samsung Tablet. When i plug in the ipod to the USB port, the display says " ipod -old version" and nothing else happens

When i plug in my samsung tablet, the display on the system says " USB-Load" and that's it, nothing else.

I am a little lost. Perhaps, i am trying with the wrong devices or missing something simple that can help play the songs. help.

Its strange. It works with my ipad seamlessly. Even with my wife's BB tab. I would suggest you to go through the manual again and see if there is any loose string. Try resetting the software, still if it doesn't work take it to the dealer and let him figure out what could be the resolution.Since its very new for you, I wont recommend you play around with the ICE much.

Thanks!

Quote:
8k-10k sounds pretty high figure. Is it the whole door which needs a paint job ? If its around 3-4 sq cm of area, get it done from outside or worst case even if you get it done from the dealer, it shouldn't cost you anything more than 3-4k max. Can you post a pic ?

Thanks!

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st March 2013 at 11:58. Reason: Back
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 12:10   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
And it also comes with the legendary hyundai ride and handling!!

You can either have a fun to dtive car or a (not so useful)feature packed one. Take your pick!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
+1 to agambhandari

Agree the joystick is a shocking omission by Honda but to think of it, if you are the sole driver of the car, how many times do you actually adjust ORVM's.

End of the day I prefer driving pleasures to gizmos. To each is own.
In the car market, very rarely you have a single driver for a car. A working couple seldom interchange cars depending on needs. A joystick may not even have cost 200 bucks to Honda at OEM level. It is just a cheap way of pushing people to go for higher variants.

No doubt the Brio is a little more fun to drive. But its not like the i10 is pathetic. i10 is very much fun within the City and slightly scary on highways above 90 which is expected for a light hatch (though this helps better FE).

From a company perspective, the i10 fits the bill for the mass market. That is where every manufacture's focus is. Its base models are loaded and dont give you a feeling of cheapness. While the Brio interior quality may be better, people tend to prefer the interior looks of an i10.

And if we look at the sales numbers, one can easily see how nicely the i10 beats the Brio - its direct rival as both are petrol only hatches.

Have a glance at the Brio E and i10 Magna side by side. It will give you the best idea of how naked the Brio looks.
Old 21st March 2013, 12:18   #1108
BANNED

I would buy a Honda over Hyundai anyday. Even if you want the joystick, you can go for the EX variant.

I believe rather Hyundai is pushing people for high variants, offering the essential safety features only in the top variant.
Old 21st March 2013, 20:48   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Have a quick question. I was browsing owner's manual and found a topic on "Security Alarm available on select models- page#79". It explains how the warning light will flash when the device is armed. However, I don't notice any such warning despite following the procedure as mentioned in the manual.

Can someone confirm- is anti theft security alarm really available in Indian models? I could not figure out reading the manual . Mine is VMT.

tia,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 21st March 2013 at 20:50.
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:18   #1110
BHPian

Quote:

What i didn't like was the noise you get when you sit behind. Even a very small stone flipped up by the tyres into the wheel well makes you feel like a big stone has fallen closer to your ears. Otherwise, its a joy to be driving this car.

Congrats for the new car! I have also experienced noises to stones being displaced by the rear tyres. Very alarming.

What iPod do you have ? My iPod touch works fine after I upgraded to iOS 4.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks