Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 14:40   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
[/list]Reason - when I come to selling the car, I shift it to Act Only and take the NCB certificate. Since none of the private chaps support Act Only this is not possible through Honda Assure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
A
D. Act only policy attracts normal Tariff rates without any discounts. You don't get any NCB on Act Only policy.
could anyone kindly elaborate what 'act only' is?
Old 21st May 2013, 15:49   #1157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
could anyone kindly elaborate what 'act only' is?
Act only is the minimum insurance you must have. Here there is no NCB and quite often you may have to pay in cash.

Also, remember to get the copy of the policy (Act Only) for closure of the insurance saga.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 17:41   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
looks like i may have to cancel on the brio and get the down payment back. The showroom informed that they do not have the s(o) at and asked to upgrade to Vx at.
While I understand your feeling, that is the fact. Honda has discontinued the optional safety pack variant few months before. I think while they introduced the EMT variant. It is believed that the additional safety pack variant does not bring much profit for Honda.

But the attitude of Honda dealer is not justifiable. They should have communicated it in a more pleasent way.

You have limited option left there either go for Hyundai i10 or Maruti A-Star.
Old 21st May 2013, 18:46   #1159
BHPian

I dont how far folks here will agree but after a negative comment on My Brio's AC, i had a chance to test drive a Fiesta Classic 1.6 and an i20 last weekend.

To my surprise, i felt my car's AC was better than the 1.6 I drove. I20 was better by an inch not much. I am feeling better now

Thanks!
Old 21st May 2013, 18:51   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
While I understand your feeling, that is the fact. Honda has discontinued the optional safety pack variant few months before. I think while they introduced the EMT variant. It is believed that the additional safety pack variant does not bring much profit for Honda.

But the attitude of Honda dealer is not justifiable. They should have communicated it in a more pleasent way.

You have limited option left there either go for Hyundai i10 or Maruti A-Star.

Yes, I understand that this is the case and i will not get the S(O) AT anymore.

I fail to understand why honda has gone like other manufacturers and offering AT only in top end models. I was happy initially but now Honda is milking the AT customers just like any other AT manufacturer out there.

What is the price difference between s(O) AT and Vx AT?
Old 21st May 2013, 22:06   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Act only is the minimum insurance you must have. Here there is no NCB and quite often you may have to pay in cash.

Also, remember to get the copy of the policy (Act Only) for closure of the insurance saga.
Thanks !!
As I understand this is the government mandated minimum amount third party only insurance. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Old 21st May 2013, 22:54   #1162
Distinguished - BHPian

Am having brake fade issues on a Brio I drive regularly. The car hasn't done more than 2,000 kms and its just cropped up after the first service. I had the guys take the pads out and give it a nice rub using sand paper, but now I hear squealing when I apply the brakes, and it isn't as sharp as before.

Do I do a bleed job? This is a non ABS version.
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:27   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

What is the price difference between s(O) AT and Vx AT?

I am not sure about the price details of the above said variants. Actually I own the Brio S (O) MT variant.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:41   #1164
BHPian

Has any one tried renewing Iffco Tokio policy online? I received a reminder mail from dealership for insurance renewal. I was trying to get quotes from an aggregator site but could not get it.
Old 1st June 2013, 18:10   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Took out Brio 1st time on expressway today. Pune is hot and lot of moisture in the air these days. AC blowing on 2 chilled the cabin 10-15 minutes, however, noticed few water droplets falling under passenger side glovebox. It went off on its own. Anyone else faced this?
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:58   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
AC blowing on 2 chilled the cabin 10-15 minutes, however, noticed few water droplets falling under passenger side glovebox. It went off on its own. Anyone else faced this?
The water droplet could be due condensed water from car AC. You may have to check where the drain pipe of AC have been put. I am not very sure about the air conditioner arrangement of Honda Brio.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:05   #1167
BHPian

I have a Honda Brio V Model June-2012.

My Questions are:

1. Can we retro-fit the Seat Height Adjust from the recently launched Model ? I am a well above average highted person, so dont have any issues. But when Wifey Drives, she struggles.

2. Can we get the De-fogger installed or Change the Dicky Mirror with the New one having De-fogger ? I guess wiring for that should have been there in the earlier model as well.

May sound stupid, but wanted to know.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 3rd June 2013 at 17:08.
Old 3rd June 2013, 21:44   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
You may have to check where the drain pipe of AC have been put.
I checked (below the glove-box). The rubber pipe is properly fixed. Since, this happened only once and disappeared on its own, I am not much bothered yet, but, keeping a close eye on this.

-BJ
Old 3rd June 2013, 22:10   #1169
Senior - BHPian

I took my Brio out on the highways, Blr-Coimbatore-Blr trip. Simply loved the way it behaved on the highways and at speeds close to the three digit mark. The A/C was actually very effective. Returned a mileage of 17.1 KMPL, on a full tank method, with A/C on throughout the 710 KM's.

The only think irritating is the noise that comes when even a small stone gets flipped up the rear tyres onto the wheel well metal portion.

Does anyone know if we can fix that? I mean, put the insulations or whatever there? Has someone done this and if yes, can they guide please?
Old 10th June 2013, 00:36   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Air Pressure - Brio

Hey Guys,

My brio is not almost a year old, done around 9000 km. Am very happy with her performance. There is but 1 thing that i noticed. When I follow the company recommendation of the PSI (26), i get around 11.5 or 12 kmpl with AC. But when I increased the PSI to 30, am getting an bump up in the kmpl, now i get around 13.5 with AC.

Can this because of the PSI or something else ? ALso is it recommended to bump the PSI up Considering its the rainy season already.

cheers,
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks