Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 13:38   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

I use a 16gig sandisk and it works just fine. The drive is formatted to fat32.
Old 10th January 2014, 10:35   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Decided to buy my wife a brio and finalized on the SMT Exclusive edition White. OTR is Rs.5.5 but waiting for the sales exec to update me on discounts and offers which he said will come in by next week only. Hopefully some good offers drop by my way

But realistically what can i expect?
Old 20th January 2014, 23:34   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
. OTR is Rs.5.5 but waiting for the sales exec to update me on discounts and offers
Next week has arrived. Could you please update us on the discounts and break up ?
Old 21st January 2014, 19:48   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Would you believe none? :(

Just a take it or leave it offer which sadly my father gave in to because he wanted to buy the Honda for us at any cost.

Sigh
Old 21st January 2014, 20:05   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Would you believe none? :(

Sigh
I guess the limited edition was being sold with zero discounts, did you check about the other variants? I think there is some discount (about 5k - more if you are a skilful negotiator) being given on the other variants
Old 24th January 2014, 16:52   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
I guess the limited edition was being sold with zero discounts, did you check about the other variants? I think there is some discount (about 5k - more if you are a skilful negotiator) being given on the other variants
Really liked the all black interiors of the exclusive edition so gave in to that

Delivery committed for Monday. Vehicle dispatched from factory a week back. Cant wait.
Old 8th February 2014, 19:35   #1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Thanks arup.misra and itsmbabel. Will click and post a pic. Was checking for rubbing and compounding. Just went through the carlounz product suggested by itsmbabel and ordered a com-paint scratch remover from that link. Will try it first, else if it doesn't work out, I guess I will need to take it to 3M for some solution or worst case to the dealer for a repaint of rear door. Some of my buddies told me rear door paint will cost 8K-10K. Not sure if it will cost that much though.
Hi Whencut86, Did you try the carlounz product.How useful was it? Wanted to check if it was worth ordering? Your feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Regards,
Alchemist
Old 10th February 2014, 10:59   #1268
BHPian

Hi guys I just gave my Brio for its 3rd service (or 1st paid). I just wanted to ask other owners how much your service costed you. This service (20,000km) is supposed to be a mojor one and the estimate given to me is Rs. 6000. I feel its quite high. How much did it cost for you guys?

The things that are being done -

1) 20,000 km service
2) Service plus - They told me the door rubber parts will be cleaned and flushed etc. (Is it really required?)
3) HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) Scan - Why is it required if no problems are there in the car?
4) Battery check.
5) Pin Calliper greasing.
6) AC disinfection (wife complained of smell from AC).

Are points number 2 and 3 just a way of fleecing money or are they part of the actual 20,000 km essentials? I had heard that no Honda service will cost more than 3 to 4 grand for any Honda car. Am I being take for a ride?

Thanks.

Last edited by thumpingheart : 10th February 2014 at 11:00.
Old 10th February 2014, 21:47   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hi guys I just gave my Brio for its 3rd service (or 1st paid). I just wanted to ask other owners how much your service costed you. This service (20,000km) is supposed to be a mojor one and the estimate given to me is Rs. 6000. I feel its quite high. How much did it cost for you guys?
Somehow I feel the dealer has fleeced you by INR.2-3K. I have a small doubt, how come your first paid service came this late? The service should have done every six months right? or am I missing something?.

Anyways I too own a Brio, my running is very less I bought it in August-2012, till now I covered 8.5K kms. I recently did second paid service, the service adviser gave me an estimate of 4.5K or so. I asked him whether all the items he has listed as per Honda's service recommendations? He said "YES". Then I asked him to show me it on owner's manual. He was unable to show me two items (1. Honda Care Package and 2. AC Disinfection). I asked him not to perform both and my bill came to Rs.3.3K.

I did my servicing at Deccan Honda Pimpri.
Old 11th February 2014, 10:03   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1) 20,000 km service
2) Service plus - They told me the door rubber parts will be cleaned and flushed etc. (Is it really required?)
3) HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) Scan - Why is it required if no problems are there in the car?
4) Battery check.

Are points number 2 and 3 just a way of fleecing money or are they part of the actual 20,000 km essentials? I had heard that no Honda service will cost more than 3 to 4 grand for any Honda car. Am I being take for a ride?

Thanks.
The first paid service was exactly 1740 rupees for me.
Old 16th February 2014, 12:20   #1271

Quote:

1) 20,000 km service
4) Battery check.

Thanks.

It should not go beyond 3,800 max.
Old 18th February 2014, 14:32   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
Hi Whencut86, Did you try the carlounz product.How useful was it? Wanted to check if it was worth ordering? Your feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Regards,
Alchemist
Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, I did try the product. It is good for minor scratches only. Major scratches was not long lasting for me. Came off a bit during 3M waxing and polishing. Will still recommend it for minor scratches though.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 16:54   #1273
BHPian

Quote:

1) 20,000 km service
4) Battery check.

Thanks.
Ditto for me. Paid around the same amount, don't worry, next time be very careful as to what is being worked upon.
SA's will usually try to get more and more things done, in my case I didn't even bother to ask him what was being done. Hence my fault.
Old 18th February 2014, 17:40   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Somehow I feel the dealer has fleeced you by INR.2-3K. I have a small doubt, how come your first paid service came this late? The service should have done every six months right? or am I missing something?.

Anyways I too own a Brio, my running is very less I bought it in August-2012, till now I covered 8.5K kms. I recently did second paid service, the service adviser gave me an estimate of 4.5K or so. I asked him whether all the items he has listed as per Honda's service recommendations? He said "YES". Then I asked him to show me it on owner's manual. He was unable to show me two items (1. Honda Care Package and 2. AC Disinfection). I asked him not to perform both and my bill came to Rs.3.3K.

I did my servicing at Deccan Honda Pimpri.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The first paid service was exactly 1740 rupees for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnaik7 View Post
It should not go beyond 3,800 max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_shetty87 View Post
Ditto for me. Paid around the same amount, don't worry, next time be very careful as to what is being worked upon.
SA's will usually try to get more and more things done, in my case I didn't even bother to ask him what was being done. Hence my fault.
Thanks for your replies guys. I was charged Rs. 5500 for the service, which I don't think is all that bad. The service would have come down to almost Rs. 4000 to 4500 anyways (including pin calliper greasing) but as we got AC disinfection done it added about 800 bucks. So rest Rs 350 for the Honda diagnostic scan and battery check etc was the only possibly unnecessary charge.

So I don't think I was fleeced for more than 350 bucks or so. Thats fine. I'l be more careful next time about stupid stuff. We did save some on internal cleaning (Rs. 1700) and alignment-balancing (Rs 700 or 800) which I will get done from outside at a much cheaper rate. They anyway vaccumed the insides so the interior was speck clean when I took delivery of the car.

Just took a 400 km trip to Kashid this weekend and the car was spectacular. My love for my little white puppy just keeps deeper and deeper the more I drive it. The refinement, comfort and driving pleasure is really something else. Very few cars at this price point can deliver such all round capability. But the best part is that my wife drives the car for 80% of the time and she too is super happy with the car. She simply loves the car with all her heart and is possessive about it like a true petrol head, which is amazing considering she never was our petrol head kind of person. That is the kind of emotion the Brio evokes. The car truely has a soul.
Old 22nd February 2014, 17:46   #1275
BHPian

Hi all,

I'm also happy with the Brio and feeling very proud to own a HONDA. Mileage is around 13 in city and 17-19 in the highways. It has completed 7500+kms. Second service has been done(10k service/6months). Cost was 1512.

But I have this strange issue with my Brio A/C as it gives a foul smell when the blower is turned on for the first time. It lasts hardly for 10seconds. Then it goes off and its all fine. Next time also when I take the car after a gap say(3-4 hours) the same smell for the first 10-15 seconds, then it vanishes. Have complained it during the service, they did some vent cleaning with some foam, but of no use as the problem still exists. I am worried!

Friends please let me know if anyone else has come across this same A/C issue and please advice me what should be done to fix this.

Regards,
SUNNY

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks