Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 01:35   #1171
Senior - BHPian

26 is a bit low air pressure IMO, and probably the reason you're getting low fe. I'll suggest you to keep, 30 when driven with light load and 32 with full load.
Old 10th June 2013, 08:46   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Re: Air Pressure - Brio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Hey Guys,

My brio is not almost a year old, done around 9000 km. Am very happy with her performance. There is but 1 thing that i noticed. When I follow the company recommendation of the PSI (26), i get around 11.5 or 12 kmpl with AC. But when I increased the PSI to 30, am getting an bump up in the kmpl, now i get around 13.5 with AC.

Can this because of the PSI or something else ? ALso is it recommended to bump the PSI up Considering its the rainy season already.

cheers,
ac
This gives me a idea now, to increase my Brio's FE. Mine is 3 months old and was running on the Brio recommended value of 26 PSI, will up this to 30 today and will report any difference. And Yes, with 26 PSI thus far, i was clocking only around 12 KMPL, incity, with A/C.
Old 10th June 2013, 14:55   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
But when I increased the PSI to 30, am getting an bump up in the kmpl, now i get around 13.5 with AC. Can this because of the PSI or something else ? ALso is it recommended to bump the PSI up Considering its the rainy season already.
My Brio too is nearly a year old. Like you I too started out with the recommended 26 PSI but soon found the reduction in FE. Also dont know if you have noticed, the ride feels even softer and our craters unsettle it more than my liking. Post this, I've been sticking with 30 PSI all around. Have been consistently getting 14 - 14.5 with AC (fuel tank method) ever since. Ride too has just stiffened up a bit to my liking. Try if this works for you.

Cheers!!!
Old 10th June 2013, 15:04   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
My Brio too is nearly a year old. Like you I too started out with the recommended 26 PSI but soon found the reduction in FE. Also dont know if you have noticed, the ride feels even softer and our craters unsettle it more than my liking. Post this, I've been sticking with 30 PSI all around. Have been consistently getting 14 - 14.5 with AC (fuel tank method) ever since. Ride too has just stiffened up a bit to my liking. Try if this works for you.

Cheers!!!
will continue with 30 psi, but what is the fuel tank method ?

cheers,
ac
Old 10th June 2013, 15:15   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
will continue with 30 psi, but what is the fuel tank method ?
Err..my stupid mistake. Meant full tank method.
Old 17th June 2013, 14:58   #1176
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Does anyone know if we can fix that? I mean, put the insulations or whatever there? Has someone done this and if yes, can they guide please?
Have you find any solution for this problem? Yesterday I too faced a similar situation. I was driving on highway and suddenly came a stretch with lots of water logging. It was creating hell lot of noise due to water splashing and hitting the wheel arches area.

Needs to find out a solution for the problem.
Old 8th July 2013, 10:14   #1177
BHPian

I called up one of the Honda dealers here today to enquire about the EMT model for a colleague of mine. I was told that Honda has discontinued EMT and now the base model is EXMT. Is this correct? The Honda website still lists EMT as the base model.
Old 9th July 2013, 20:34   #1178
BHPian

Guys need a help, my car's insurance renewal is due and the dealer has given quote for both Comprehensive and Zero Depreciation Policy quotes. The net difference is approximately Rs.3000. Which one should be better? Also has anyone tried renewing via online (direct from company website)? I tried getting the quote but it was on higher side.
Old 9th July 2013, 22:48   #1179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Guys need a help, my car's insurance renewal is due and the dealer has given quote for both Comprehensive and Zero Depreciation Policy quotes. The net difference is approximately Rs.3000. Which one should be better? Also has anyone tried renewing via online (direct from company website)? I tried getting the quote but it was on higher side.
Zero depreciation cover ensures you complete peace of mind in case of a claim, since it will pay the charges completely similarly to a health insurance policy (barring some nominal tax add-ons, etc). I'd say put down that extra 3k and go for it.

I use the online method for renewing my policies, and I find it quite convenient since the buyer can do all the stuff sitting at his desk. What's more - you even have the option of paying via credit card or debit card too, as opposed to the conventional way of cheques. Once the online payment is complete, you will receive a soft copy of the receipt and the new policy document immediately, which you can use for the time being. In 5-6 days, you will receive the full formal policy document (on the insurance co. letterhead) at your mailing address. Hope this helps.

P.S - probably we can discuss insurance related stuff in its dedicated section.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th July 2013 at 22:53.
Old 13th July 2013, 13:04   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVijy View Post
I was looking for a in-dash GPS navigation system for my Brio S(O)MT but could not find any.
Has anyone bought this unit and how is the fit and performance? Any advice on other suitable alternatives also welcome.
I was just browsing for my awaited Brio AT and found this model by CASKA Model No . CO-AT1624 D106 series.

You can download the india catalogue from the below link
http://www.caskaindia.com/content_pa...?sub_menu_id=1
microaubin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 12:22   #1181
BHPian

Honda Brio gets an upgrade in Thai market. The notable addition is rear wiper washer unit. The full glass rear door has been kept intact. But a decorative plate have been added to it. No news about it's India launch.

More details are available on this link
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-newhondabriofaceliftrear.jpg  

Last edited by MaxTorque : 19th July 2013 at 12:24. Reason: Added an image
MaxTorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 14:00   #1182

So it is no longer a "full glass" rear window...back to usual designs of other cars ! Anyway, more functional with the heated glass and wiper.....looks nice too, IMHO !
Old 22nd July 2013, 18:21   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
So it is no longer a "full glass" rear window...back to usual designs of other cars ! Anyway, more functional with the heated glass and wiper.....looks nice too, IMHO !
I too think that this updated rear hatch door looks better . And also a rear wash wipe in the top end is a must for a hatchback . I think this will attract more people towards the brio who were a little apprehensive about the full glass hatch door .
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:11   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
It's full glass door only. A small portion has been concealed by a decorative plate. I think it can be detached by putting some effort.
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:36   #1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
It's full glass door only. A small portion has been concealed by a decorative plate. I think it can be detached by putting some effort.
I doubt that...Can you fix the rear wiper on a glass pane? Unlikely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks