Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2013, 12:00   #1141

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

I was looking for a in-dash GPS navigation system for my Brio S(O)MT but could not find any. Last week I came across an ebay ad for a unit which claims to fit the Brio (and the Chevy Beat) perfectly (see attached; more details at : http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-6-2-Doubl...item2a2ba7eb9d).

Has anyone bought this unit and how is the fit and performance? Any advice on other suitable alternatives also welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-capture_037.jpg  

Old 5th May 2013, 14:32   #1142
BHPian

Took a TD of the manual version few days back. The power & refinement of the engine was impressive. Since the termac was smooth, could not judge the ride quality. But the AC felt weak to me. The ambient temp was around 38 degree that day. Summer is almost at it's peak now. Right time to judge AC effectiveness. Is it OK? comments of Brio owners plz.
Old 5th May 2013, 22:17   #1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Took a TD of the manual version few days back. The power & refinement of the engine was impressive. Since the termac was smooth, could not judge the ride quality. But the AC felt weak to me. The ambient temp was around 38 degree that day. Summer is almost at it's peak now. Right time to judge AC effectiveness. Is it OK? comments of Brio owners plz.

I am driving my Brio S(O)MT since March 2012 in the heat of Chennai and has never felt the ac inadequate. In fact, I rarely go to the max setting of 4; mostly run in the 2 setting. IMHO, you need not worry on the ac...go ahead and book the fantastic little car !

However on the ride quality, well it is a car designed for smooth roads...you will feel the bumps on rough or patchy roads for sure !
Old 6th May 2013, 12:03   #1144
BHPian

Even I am also using Brio for the last few months and about to clock 3K kilometers. I also am of opinion that AC is sufficient. I used to ask passengers in the rear seat about AC, they too say its ok. Don't know its actually ok or not. I never got a chance to sit in the rear and travel.

One thing is sure, Once you start driving it, you will fall in love with the car..
Old 6th May 2013, 12:54   #1145
BHPian

We just booked our second car, a Brio S (MT) with Green Honda, Hyderabad. What worries me are the couple of incidents of the rear glass shattering under high temp. Any body knows if its resolved now?
Old 6th May 2013, 12:57   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Yes!! I too have a Brio S(o) MT and it does suffer from a weak AC. We have an i10 too and it is better than Brio. It's not a deal breaker but cars like Figo and swift has better AC compared to Brio.

Thanks!
Old 6th May 2013, 14:12   #1147
BANNED

I also find the AC just adequate. However, with the Mercury already at 41+ and a blazing sun I expected not much better. My earlier Santro was equally good/bad.
Old 8th May 2013, 10:36   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

First service done, and I find a HUGE amount of brake fade! Brakes were perfect before service.

I asked for the brake pads to be opened and cleaned right in front of me, but I dont understand brake fade because of that.

You guys suggest I do a bleed job? What else? Brakes squeal now when I apply them.
Old 8th May 2013, 22:16   #1149
Senior - BHPian

New variant(s) of Brio launched, few important features like driver seat height adjustment, rear defogger etc added!
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/honda-lau...93-25-162.html
Source: ibnlive
EDIT: Saw this thread now: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...trim-brio.html

Last edited by sandsun7 : 8th May 2013 at 22:26.
Old 11th May 2013, 11:56   #1150
Senior - BHPian

From Honda India website http://www.hondacarindia.com/HondaBrio/features.html now "V" trim does not have ABS and airbags while seat height adjustment and rear de-fogger are available from S variant onwards. Little confusing and somewhat "devaluing" for owners of the old Brio-V badge.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 08:13   #1151
BHPian

Couple of questions on Honda Assure
  1. Can policy be renewed at any dealer ?
  2. Is there any online renewal option ?
  3. Can I consider moving out of Honda Assure? Any possible inconveniences?
Old 15th May 2013, 09:43   #1152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
  1. Can policy be renewed at any dealer ?
  2. Is there any online renewal option ?
  3. Can I consider moving out of Honda Assure? Any possible inconveniences?
1. I see no reason why not. The cheque is taken in the name of the Insurer.
2. You can check various websites. You can always shift insurer. You will have to probably provide a copy of the old policy and /or the policy no. and some other details to get the NCB.
3. Only with some insurers you may lose the cashless option, and the dealer may get a bit sloppy. Remember you are no longer giving the dealer his cut. I am going to take my Civic out to a Sarkari insurer next year (last your are extended warranty). Reason - when I come to selling the car, I shift it to Act Only and take the NCB certificate. Since none of the private chaps support Act Only this is not possible through Honda Assure.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 10:06   #1153
BHPian

A question related to insurance, if my vehicle is being insured under Honda Assurance program (the insurer is Iffco Tokio), can I get vehicle repaired by some other garage and claim the amount from insurer? or I have to go the dealer only..?
Old 19th May 2013, 14:35   #1154
BHPian

As a Branch Head of an Insurer, let me try and answer few questions:
A. The answers provided by sgiitk are correct.
B. If you have taken policy from a dealer, in bigger cities you can renew it with another dealer or thru any other intermediary. It is your choice.
C. Check out various companies online options.
D. Act only policy attracts normal Tariff rates without any discounts. You don't get any NCB on Act Only policy.
E. Claims: At the most, you might not get cashless option but beyond that there is no other impact. God forbid, should there be any large loss, you can request the Insurer for on account payment.
F. (To MaxTorque) Yes you may. It is not binding that you get the vehicle repaired by the authorized service center.

Hope I have provided some clarity.

Last edited by aaren : 19th May 2013 at 14:42. Reason: Typos due to the eagerness of smartphone!!
aaren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 13:46   #1155
Senior - BHPian

looks like i may have to cancel on the brio and get the down payment back. The showroom informed that they do not have the s(o) at and asked to upgrade to Vx at. They point blank refused anything else and were very rude. I am talking about the cochin honda dealer. shame on you honda. looks like my sister and myself have to go and collect the down payment back. we paid it 4 months back in early February.

Most Viewed