Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 16:00   #1081
BHPian

Re: SOS Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Gotta have a new Brio serviced for the first month's free service.

Does anyone here have specifically good reviews about a specific service advisor in any facility I can befriend and know will do a great job?

Secondly, how do I enable the auto-locking feature when the car starts moving off? Or it doesn't exist at all? This car is an S MT with the electrically adjustable mirrors.
As far as I know, the auto lock feature is not available in Honda Brio. Not even in top end model.

Correct me if I am wrong.

By the way how is your initial experience...?
Old 27th February 2013, 16:25   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
As far as I know, the auto lock feature is not available in Honda Brio. Not even in top end model.

Correct me if I am wrong.

By the way how is your initial experience...?
We did 500k's on the little ladybug within the first 48 hours of the car coming out of the showroom.

Exceptional little car. Amazed by the torque thats available in every gear almost! I hardly find myself changing gears. I do not even have to address the accelerator when i take off from standstill. The clutch and the torque does everything! This coming from someone who's done most of his driving in a Scorpio mHawk, a Jeep, and a variety of Palio's (s10 included).

The interiors are very thoughtful, the car pampers you from the inside. Thankfully no gearbox slotting problems like most new cars have - slots beautifully in all gears from the get go.

Last edited by Red Liner : 27th February 2013 at 16:26.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 17:12   #1083
BHPian

There is no auto lock in Brio. You have to lock manually.
Try Dakshin Honda. They are professional with their approach, atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
We did 500k's on the little ladybug within the first 48 hours of the car coming out of the showroom.

Exceptional little car. Amazed by the torque thats available in every gear almost! I hardly find myself changing gears. I do not even have to address the accelerator when i take off from standstill. The clutch and the torque does everything! This coming from someone who's done most of his driving in a Scorpio mHawk, a Jeep, and a variety of Palio's (s10 included).

The interiors are very thoughtful, the car pampers you from the inside. Thankfully no gearbox slotting problems like most new cars have - slots beautifully in all gears from the get go.

Now thats what i called generosity Someone who has driven mostly monsters and yet happy with this japaneese pony resembles how exclusively the car performs.
For Brio, its purely decieving looks. Small fro outisde, big and powerful from inside.

Thanks for the insight.

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 27th February 2013 at 17:25.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 20:23   #1084
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Hi guys. Has anyone of you bought aftermarket mud flaps for the Brio? The OE ones are quite expensive. Are they available in the accessory shops?

Also I wanted to put the round golf-ball gear knob on my EMT. Any idea how much it costs? Will it be available in the aftermarket? I may also look for other designs if I go for aftermarket. Didn't find good ones on the net.

I also wanted to fit a good leather steering wheel cover. Have anyone of you got one fitted? Any advice? Honda or aftermarket?

Also if any of you have fitted these to their cars, esp in Pune, can you let me know where i'l find the best examples? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by thumpingheart : 27th February 2013 at 20:25.
Old 4th March 2013, 14:53   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Why is this scoop missing in later model BRIO? Did Honda delete this in their later models?

Attachment 1057994

Attachment 1048512

And it looks like Honda has shifted to engineering plastic based manifold from their cast aluminium manifold.

Attachment 1048511

Attachment 1057996

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th March 2013 at 15:22. Reason: Sankar, pics are not visible
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 15:37   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they deleted one sensor too, the one that sits on top of the air box. Is that the IAT sensor? isn't that required by the ECU?
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-201302050592.jpg
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-hondabrio01.jpg

Pics from:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ice-etc-2.html

Last edited by Sankar : 4th March 2013 at 15:38.
Old 4th March 2013, 15:42   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Why is this scoop missing in later model BRIO? Did Honda delete this in their later models?

And it looks like Honda has shifted to engineering plastic based manifold from their cast aluminium manifold.
Great observation. May be silent cost cutting measures or a re-designed intake. Even a sensor on top of the air-filter chamber is taken off?
Old 4th March 2013, 17:16   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Great observation. May be silent cost cutting measures or a re-designed intake. Even a sensor on top of the air-filter chamber is taken off?
Yes, looks like its gone unless they've mounted it somewhere else which i don't see why they should.

Plastic for the manifold runner is a good move i think because it will help to cool the charge cooler.
Old 4th March 2013, 19:06   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plastic for the manifold runner is a good move i think because it will help to cool the charge cooler.
Plastics are a better thermal conductor than aluminum? Or am I missing anything else?
Old 4th March 2013, 20:23   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plastics are a better thermal conductor than aluminum? Or am I missing anything else?
Plastic being a bad conductor of heat doesn't get as hot as an aluminium manifold due to the heat from the engine head its fitted to. So it stays cooler than aluminium manifold, so the intake charge too will stay cooler.

(Suzuki K series engines and the Hyundai Kappa too has plastic manifolds from the beginning).

The other two changes inside the engine bay looks like cost cutting though!
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 19:10   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1057994
Quote:
Great observation. May be silent cost cutting measures or a re-designed intake...
My Brio manufactured and delivered in Feb'13 has this intake scoop, plus a foam padding on the underside of bonnet hood. I saw another S variant delivered in Dec'12, which didn't have either, making me believe, scoop is part of top V variant.

I will check the sensor and report back.

Quote:
Plastic being a bad conductor of heat doesn't get as hot as an aluminium manifold due ...
+ it is a bit lighter than Aluminum alloy and being a bad conductor will reduce heat energy loss, increasing overall efficiency.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 13th March 2013 at 19:20. Reason: combine posts.
Old 15th March 2013, 20:02   #1092
BHPian

Hello Guys need some advice from you. I am facing a wierd issue from past couple of days. The problem is seat belt reminder chime is not working. The same chime is used for handbrake engaged which is working. So i figured out the chime is working as expected. Should i be concerned about this? Would appreciate feedback from you guys. I have a S(O) model purchased in Dec'12
Old 16th March 2013, 18:18   #1093
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Drove a friend's Brio last night! Must say its a very nice car to drive, the feel inside is great. It was the base variant with black door handles/mirrors & no wheel caps.
What i found shocking & annoying was that there is no joystick to adjust the mirrors from inside. You have to first roll down the windows & adjust it, while this is possible on the right how is one supposed to do so on the left! I'm surprised Honda did this considering the base variant comes with front power windows & the least they could do was provide the joystick inside for convenience sake.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 20:42   #1094
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Hello Guys need some advice from you. I am facing a wierd issue from past couple of days. The problem is seat belt reminder chime is not working. The same chime is used for handbrake engaged which is working. So i figured out the chime is working as expected. Should i be concerned about this? Would appreciate feedback from you guys. I have a S(O) model purchased in Dec'12
I believe the Brio also comes with a Visual indicator on the Instrument cluster for both the Seat belt and the Parking Brake.

Are those indicators working perfect?

If yes, probably the speaker has probably malfunctioned, but if no, there could be a defect in mechanism to detect the belt and the brake.

In any case, you should visit the Honda Dealer since you would need a new part (probably).
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 22:39   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I believe the Brio also comes with a Visual indicator on the Instrument cluster for both the Seat belt and the Parking Brake.

Are those indicators working perfect?

If yes, probably the speaker has probably malfunctioned, but if no, there could be a defect in mechanism to detect the belt and the brake.

In any case, you should visit the Honda Dealer since you would need a new part (probably).
Thanks for the tip agambhandari. The seatbelt lamp is not being shown in the instrument cluster even when seat belts are not worn. I feel the software is not able to detect the seat belt status. The handbrake mechanism is working perfectly fine. Shall head up to Honda service center to get it sorted out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks