Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 10:31   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Congratulations Masda. Brio is indeed a fantastic choice. It is quite under rated for what if offers. My daughter loves the blue colour in it and I would love to gift her one 2 years down the line.
Old 30th October 2012, 12:32   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
Thanks again! So, I've done the booking too. Yesterday evening, my entire family was there at the showroom and to everyone's astonishment (and much to my relief) it did seat 3 in the back with reasonable comfort.

[Probably, all of these details should make their way to the 'I booked my car' thread too?]
Congrats brother, I too own Brio SM-(O)T for the last two months and absolutely loving it. My family is away so the rear row seat is always vacant. So I could not give any feedback on rear bench space. But I feel it is sufficient.

By the way which variant did you book? What was the total discount you got?

In Pune I paid Rs.5.75 lakh OTR for my car. The difference is too much I think.

Happy motoring with i-vtec...!
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:56   #933
Senior - BHPian

We went to the Honda showroom to look at the Brio for my BIL.

Heard from the Sales Manager that Honda is going to launch a new variant above the base model called EX MT.

It will have a single din music system with 2 speakers, body colored door handles and ORVM, and black pillars over the E MT.

Also the ORVM is the shell type with the mirror enclosed inside and not the single piece unit like in E MT. The shell type ORVM is around 2500 per unit.

She told us the it will cost some 20ish more than the E MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Magnum Honda has told me they will try all their best to get me the insurance claim. But still, plastics and airbags are covered only 50%.
Very sorry to see this. But do claim insurance and negotiate hard with them to get as much as possible covered under it. I guess you'll have to wait a little longer. Also remember, the service center will charge a rent for keeping the car in their premises each day. It can run into a big amount if the insurance drag the talks.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
The EXMT is already launched with a one din music system and only front speakers. It is cheaper than the EMT model of Brio.
Thanks! I didn't know it was launched. But how can it be cheaper than EMT with more features?

Last edited by deetjohn : 2nd November 2012 at 14:05. Reason: Adding Q.
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:02   #934
BHPian

The EXMT is already launched with a one din music system and only front speakers. It is cheaper than the EMT model of Brio.

Last edited by frequentflyer : 2nd November 2012 at 14:02. Reason: quote wrongly fomatted
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:50   #935
BANNED

Had my V AT for two days, already missing the dead pedal!
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:49   #936

I am using the Brio S(O) MT since March '12 and enjoying it ! I just want to confirm the mileage of about 10 kmpl i get is normal and not low. I am getting this in Chennai city (in crowded T.Nagar) area and all my driving is in stop-go mode with lot of traffic signals to boot...
Old 5th November 2012, 11:49   #937
BHPian

Hello,

I am owning a BRIO S(O) MT since June,2012. Being still new on the forum, i spend major of my time reading posts rather than commenting on dos and donts as i feel i still have a way to go to give valuable advices. Nevertheless, here are few observations on my Brio :

1. Getting a mileage of 12-14 kmpl in city (avg running 600 kms/month)
2. On Highway i got around 18-19.5 kmpl.
3. GC is an issue, lets accept it but a little care would keep you happy.
4. Strict city car considering inside boot space and highway manners.
5. Amazing fun to drive, superb refinement and super silent.

Overall, i am happy with my car, but if you have a big family, prefer more highway runs and expect more comfort on pothholes for your passengers look for something else.

For anything else, Brio is just a great hatch.

Aloha
Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 15:04   #938

One tiny irritant with the Brio.

Try filling air in the stepney tyre with a queue of other vehicles behind you at the gas station. Once you get to the bottom of the boot, unscrew the clasp and reverse the tyre to get to the valve in the tyre, the one's behind you will be ready to massacre you !
JoshVijy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 08:44   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVijy View Post
One tiny irritant with the Brio.

Try filling air in the stepney tyre with a queue of other vehicles behind you at the gas station. Once you get to the bottom of the boot, unscrew the clasp and reverse the tyre to get to the valve in the tyre, the one's behind you will be ready to massacre you !
I just went back to the pictures on the first page and the spare wheel is indeed mounted upside down. Other cars have a small bracket which will help screw the wheel upright so that the valve points upwards.

Honda may have saved a few quid on the bracket and the welding.
Old 8th November 2012, 15:26   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
Are Honda spares extremely expensive, going by prices hellraizer has mentioned?
To Answer your question, yes its expensive but generally their parts are very long lasting and you wont replacement for a long time (unless there's a one-off case like accidents). The parts which needs to be replaced at short intervals and services generally tend to be priced reasonably and can be considered cheap!
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 13:54   #941
BHPian

Just booked mine yesterday. The sales guy says there is a silver car, but May make available off the shelf. This is for my Dad, who's birthday is at the end of the month. Does this make sense, or should I ask for a new one.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:32   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Just booked mine yesterday. The sales guy says there is a silver car, but May make available off the shelf. This is for my Dad, who's birthday is at the end of the month. Does this make sense, or should I ask for a new one.

which bangalore dealer ? Dakshin does have a good stock of Silver Brios, depending on what variant you are looking for. I picked up an October V variant this week. Urban Titanium, Silver are fast moving, followed by 'youth' colors Red and Blue. Dakshin has atleast 30-40 cars in all colors in their Hosur Road stockyard. Do not take the Black V variants as the 2cars they have are Mar/Apr manufactured cars.

Visit the stock yard and determine for yourself.. Use the VIN decoder thread. The 9th and 10th Letter determine the month/year for honda.. so JC is Oct2012. You can look for either Aug/Sep/Oct manufactured cars.i.e GC/ HC/ JC in the VIN.

regards
Old 9th November 2012, 15:43   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Brio based MPV to debut in 2014!

Quote:
The Brio MPV is expected to make its debut in Indonesia in 2014 and will be the first product to be built at the company’s new Indonesian plant in West Java which is set to go on stream by early 2014.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/h...#ixzz2BidhOSES
Old 19th November 2012, 17:53   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
. Do not take the Black V variants as the 2cars they have are Mar/Apr manufactured cars.

regards
What is the issue one can expect with April manufactured cars? Do stocking of car of 6 months impact paint, battery, tyres or can have under-body rusting?

Last edited by megger : 19th November 2012 at 17:54.
Old 19th November 2012, 18:17   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
What is the issue one can expect with April manufactured cars? Do stocking of car of 6 months impact paint, battery, tyres or can have under-body rusting?

The cars are parked in the stockyard in the open. The cars I saw were coated with mud ( not dust ), dirt/dust had got inside the door hinges. When asked for inspection, they cleaned the car and polished it which left swirl marks on the paint.

the engine/ mechanicals may not be impacted, but the way the cars are parked/ handled, I would not touch a car more than 2 months.

For a fast moving model, they should typically be having the same month manufactured cars. Only in cases of slow moving colors, do you have such issues.

I cannot comment on the rusting aspect of it, but do not rule it out completely. The warranty does not cover rusting to my knowledge.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks