Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 18:04   #886
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Dear Friends,

I'm also very much interested in Brio AT. But few things really make me worry.

1. Some of the reviews on this forum are very harsh on Brio's suspension, and even went to the extent of saying "Honda Brio! It breaks your back!". Is the suspension really that bad? How can it be compared with cars like i10 & Ritz?

2. Is it true that Honda still trying to improve suspension? Will the Brio AT come with better suspension?

3. If I sit in the back seat and look back, that is the end of the car, as the boot is too small. Is it something to worry [ about any vehicles rear ending the Brio ] ?

Please share your thoughts.

Last edited by nithi : 8th October 2012 at 18:05.
Old 9th October 2012, 09:21   #887
BANNED

@nithi; Honda suspensions are somewhat stiff, even in my Civic. However, unless you try and use your car on the off-roader trails they are not back breaking. Unfortunately, you cannot get a good handling and steering with a featherbed. Hyundai suspensions tend to be soft with poorer steering and handling.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 12:17   #888
BHPian

Does the brio have a steering height adjuster?
Old 9th October 2012, 15:56   #889
Senior - BHPian

Did Honda launch a new shade in Brio or was Yellow always available? I saw this Yellow Brio parked outside the Ahmedabad dealership.

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-brio1.jpg

Also, No where on the site or brochure i could see a mention for Yellow Color.

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-brio-shades.jpg

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 9th October 2012 at 16:06.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 16:07   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelean View Post
Does the brio have a steering height adjuster?
Yes the Brio S (O) surely has, I faintly remember the E variant (base) having it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Did Honda launched a new shade in Brio or was Yellow always available? I saw this Yellow Brio parked outside the Ahmedabad dealership.

Attachment 998076
Nope, this in fact is the first Yellow Brio I have seen, and the colour seems to suit the cute and chirpy styling of the Brio pretty well. I hope Honda considers this for production.
Old 9th October 2012, 16:43   #891
Senior - BHPian

This yellow would make for a terrific color on the Brio. I sincerely hope that Honda launches it. Thanks for posting the picture. I think that if Honda wants to make it a mass market car then it should have more color choices. I would love you see some more exotic colors like shades of greens, maroons etc.
Old 9th October 2012, 20:10   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l
Did Honda launch a new shade in Brio or was Yellow always available? I saw this Yellow Brio parked outside the Ahmedabad dealership.

Also, No where on the site or brochure i could see a mention for Yellow Color.

Regards,
That's a nice colour. Not available currently for sure. Honda might be launching this with the auto version. Harshal did you manage to check if it was the standard available variant or the auto/special edition?
Old 9th October 2012, 21:31   #893
BHPian

Note from Mod team: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
At lot may depend on the response the Brio AT draws. Launch is on 18th October.

Sir,
This is . I have seen you liking for Brio AT from prev posts in this forum. Are you planning to book it as soon as AT launches or wait for initial ownership reviews from the first batch to be delivered and then book one?

Probably the yellow color is just for the test drive car in that dealership. Maruti TD cars have yellow shades in few dealerships.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th October 2012 at 21:54. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 22:09   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
That's a nice colour. Not available currently for sure. Honda might be launching this with the auto version. Harshal did you manage to check if it was the standard available variant or the auto/special edition?
True. Nice color for the Brio. Would like to see clear snaps. If the yellow is on display at a dealer's place, it definitely is available for sale right now, right?
Old 9th October 2012, 22:17   #895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
3. If I sit in the back seat and look back, that is the end of the car, as the boot is too small. Is it something to worry [ about any vehicles rear ending the Brio ] ?
The safety of a car does not depend on the amount of sheet-metal sitting between you and the point of impact. It depends on the chassis and if it's rigid enough to absorb the impact. For example, the Swift Dzire's boot-lid and the rear section of the Honda City aren't sturdy at all. Even though it looks like it can deal with a rear-end collision, I highly doubt it would without crumpling like tinfoil.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 22:44   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

The safety of a car does not depend on the amount of sheet-metal sitting between you and the point of impact. It depends on the chassis and if it's rigid enough to absorb the impact. For example, the Swift Dzire's boot-lid and the rear section of the Honda City aren't sturdy at all. Even though it looks like it can deal with a rear-end collision, I highly doubt it would without crumpling like tinfoil.
Quite true. I experienced this first hand recently when my santro was rear ended by a huge truck. The santro boot took the impact but chassis felt a big nudge only. It is not a very serious damage per se but I believe corroborates that rear has nothing to do with safety as chassis has. Though I doubted santro's build quality, it surprised me. Not sure luck or chassis strength.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 08:58   #897
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I have seen you liking for Brio AT from prev posts in this forum. Are you planning to book it as soon as AT launches or wait for initial ownership reviews from the first batch to be delivered and then book one?
I am already after the GM-Sales of Pushp Honda for the booking. The money is sitting in my bank account. The Brio has been on the road long enough, as for the AT I will trust Honda to come out with a good one. My Santro is getting long in the tooth 7-1/4 years, 59,000km; so I need to replace it asap. If the Brio was not a tried and tested beast, I would have waited. I have been aware of the launch window since July!
Old 10th October 2012, 10:47   #898
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The safety of a car does not depend on the amount of sheet-metal sitting between you and the point of impact. It depends on the chassis and if it's rigid enough to absorb the impact.
+1 to that Suhaas. This is exactly my response when someone asks me if the Brio is safe for passengers when it is rear-ended.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 14:09   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
suhaas307,

Thanks for your reply.

What you have said is true for high speed collision. Does it also hold true for low speed rear ending ? Dont you think sitting close to full rear glass door, poses greater danger, when compared to other cars [ read i10, ritz ] of the similar category ?
Old 10th October 2012, 14:40   #900
BHPian

I am interested to buy a brio AT . But I am very apprehensive about its boot space . My santro has a very big boot when compared to brio . Still to decide on the buy, keeping my fingers crossed as of now ? Waiting for its review here very eagerly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks