Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 14:15   #1201
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

^^^ I own a Brio and covered 5.5K Kms. I have never felt that the AC is not sufficient to cool the cabin. But remember the summer in Pune is not that very extreme.
Old 5th August 2013, 14:24   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Guys what is your experience with Brio's A/c?
Find it adequate with three on-board and Pune climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I noticed same, did you get it resolved? Let me know if you have found rootcause/fix.
It didn't reoccur again, hence, didn't bother much about this. After reading, found it can happen on a humid day due to moisture condensing over the cool surface near tray/blower ducts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
... moisture accumulated occasionally in rear lamps and headlamps...
Noticed condensation couple of times inside RHS headlamp lens after a generous wash with my new Karcher. Dried up in few minutes on its own. Didn't bother much.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 5th August 2013 at 14:33. Reason: combine posts and typo
Old 9th August 2013, 13:19   #1203
BHPian

The new batch of SMT and VMT Brios seem to come factory fitted with rear defogger. Had been to service center and noticed this new change. Any reviews on its effectiveness?
Old 4th September 2013, 21:01   #1204
BHPian

Need some advice from fellow Brio owners and experts.

I own an S(O) MT since April 2012, but driven only 2800 km until now. Yesterday we went for a long trip that totaled about 380 km. I observed the following thing: whenever I downshifted as I neared a turn or approached a bad patch and then up-shifted gaining speed a "khrrr" sound came up distinctly on my left side, i.e. the front passenger side. This happened most prominently when going from 2nd gear to 3rd gear. The sound would remain for 3-4 seconds and then cease. I thought it might be the AC, so asked my wife to check on her side and all the vents were throwing equal amount of cool air. AC was on continuously during the whole trip (on fresh air mode). This did not happen with every downshifting-up shifting, but only from 2nd to 3rd gear. Is it something with gear, clutch, or AC filter?
Old 25th October 2013, 00:12   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
I am interested to buy a brio AT . But I am very apprehensive about its boot space . My santro has a very big boot when compared to brio . Still to decide on the buy, keeping my fingers crossed as of now ? Waiting for its review here very eagerly.
I am quoting my own post here , just to remind my self how I got every thing I want from a brio in the form of Amaze . Followed lot of posts , sleepless nights , non of my friends understand what I talk about cars ( to my friends car is a mode of transport , nothing more than that ). Finally owned a urban titanium Amaze AT on April 22nd . I can't ask any thing more than this from honda , all my boxes are ticked by honda . May be I am the most happiest Amaze owner in India . Will start a separate ownership thread soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
The new batch of SMT and VMT Brios seem to come factory fitted with rear defogger. Had been to service center and noticed this new change. Any reviews on its effectiveness?
v.anand you are right , brio now comes with a rear defogger on VMT and AT models . I am not sure about SMT . Still Honda is missing on the rear washer and wiper which is very much need on a hatch back during every monsoon .

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd November 2013 at 04:48. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / " " MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 17:31   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Small but tough. Brio. (VW had a similar print advert for their Polo).

Even Indian Army trusts it!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-honda-brio.jpg  

Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 11:55   #1207
BANNED

@drbones; I swapped my Santro AT for a Brio AT a year ago.The boot is very deep so is not that much smaller. Of course now you have the option of a Brio with a boot, ie Amaze.
Old 26th October 2013, 12:04   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Any defogger is just that.. nothing like a rear wiper in heavy rain. But its something better.
Old 1st November 2013, 21:53   #1209
BANNED

guys,

I would like to get the interiors of the brio smt painted to black.

Any rough idea how much this would cost and any recommended place/shop/dealer to get this done from in delhi ncr ?

Thanksgiving
Old 13th November 2013, 07:37   #1210
BHPian

Hi Bhpians!

I have post this in Swift & Grand i-10 threads. Posting it here too for maximum responses & for better decisioning as it involves three different cars, yet matched so closely. It apparently seems that choosing a car is very easy, but things get though when we actually do it in today's market.

My friend need a petrol hatch as his 2nd family car & is confused between Swift, Brio & Grand-i10. Thanks to the competition. I had a short TD of both petrol & diesel variants of Swift. Also had a TD of Brio on a smooth tarmac. I have not Tdied the Grand yet. Need your advice before finalizing. He will go for the top end only & he is not bothered about the initial cost & features. He is also not worried about interior quality & luggage space.

He will use the car mostly in city & once in a moth for long drives. His requirements in order preferences are:

1) Good ride quality (he means comfort oriented suspension set up so that ride will be least bone jarring)
2) City driveability
3) Engine power & strong pick up
4) Refinement & least cabin noise.
5) easy ingress & egress
6) ease of maintenance ( not cost of maintenance )
7) FE
8) High speed control & manners

Though I have no experience of grand i-10, from official review reports & my driving experience of i-10 kappa, my ratings are as below. Please correct me if I am wrong which will make my & my friend's job easier.

1. Grand > Brio > Swift ( I test drove the petrol swift on undulated roads & felt the bumpiness )
2. Brio > Swift = Grand
3. Brio > Grand > Swift ( power of petrol Swift died down after 100 kmph, not so in Brio)
4. Swift > Grand > Brio ( Swift felt really refined to me during my TD )
5. Brio > Grand = Swift
6. Swift > Grand > Brio ( no brainer )
7. Brio > Swift > Grand ( since petrol Hyundai are not famous for FE )
8. Brio > Swift > Grand

If the above analysis is correct, then he may go for Brio. Urgent inputs needed please. Any other car should should we look for ? He is not in favour of Tata, Volkswagon and Skoda.

The car will be booked within a week max.

Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 09:56   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
6) ease of maintenance ( not cost of maintenance )
6. Swift > Grand > Brio ( no brainer )
Contrary to your conclusion, have a Maruti car (long term owner of WagonR type I, ~12 yrs, ~72k on ODO). The cost of servicing (at MASS) has grown many times. Engine and general electrical parts etc is very reliable, however, had to change suspension parts (thrice) and steering rack once.

Brio ownership is less than 1 year (~4.5k) but, going by initial service costs (2nd paid service with oil change ~1300/-), it does not look too high. Except engine oil (every 6 months/5k kms) rest of the things do not need changing frequently in Brio e.g. coolant drain interval is 10 years or 1L kms .

I think, over a long period of ownership, overall cost of maintaining Brio might be lower than WagonR.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 13th November 2013 at 09:58. Reason: typo
Old 13th November 2013, 14:18   #1212
BHPian

Its a myth that maruti service is cheap . My alto 2004 to 2013 ran constant 3.5k to 5k every service . Though the spares in case of an accident are cheap . I only drove it 29 k in 9 years .
Old 13th November 2013, 22:31   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Contrary to your conclusion, have a Maruti car (long term owner of WagonR type I, ~12 yrs, ~72k on ODO). The cost of servicing (at MASS) has grown many times. Engine and general electrical parts etc is very reliable, however, had to change suspension parts (thrice) and steering rack once.

Brio ownership is less than 1 year (~4.5k) but, going by initial service costs (2nd paid service with oil change ~1300/-), it does not look too high. Except engine oil (every 6 months/5k kms) rest of the things do not need changing frequently in Brio e.g. coolant drain interval is 10 years or 1L kms .

I think, over a long period of ownership, overall cost of maintaining Brio might be lower than WagonR.

-BJ
Thanks for your response. We actually meant ease of maintenance not the cost of maintenance. No of service stations spread out everywhere, availability of spares etc are better for a Maruti.

Thanks

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 13th November 2013 at 22:32. Reason: correction
Old 13th November 2013, 23:05   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
We actually meant ease of maintenance not the cost of maintenance.
Sorry, I overlooked. Yes, number of MASS is more but, so are the number of marutis. I find MASS more crowded than HASS. Wide availability of spares and FNG are definitely pluses of owning a Maruti. For a new car, however, need for spares will be less for 1st 3-4 years.
Old 14th November 2013, 10:11   #1215
BANNED

We have also had Maruti's (M800, Zen, Alto VX, Exteem VX, Swift ZXi) and then Hyundai's (Accent and Santros) before switching to Honda. Now we have three (Civic VAT, Brio VAT - both with me, and City AVN with our son). Honda's are cheaper to maintain than the others by a long shot. I may say hat they also seem to be picking up the Maruti / Hyundai habits. Nitrogen filling, and battery testing being the favourites. Battery Testing for a car which is still to reach its first birthday!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks