Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 15:32   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Saw Brio yesterday at Whitefield Honda in Bangalore, they didn't have a TD car, disappointed !! More disappointed when I got into the back seat of the car and the driver's seat was all the way to the front, I am around 6 feet and the rear bench felt like I was sitting on a stool, even the cushioning on the seat is very less and to top it all the rear seat headrests which are fixed-type were poking into my back. It would have been better if they had designed this car as a two-seat and two-door only. Although, its very different story from the driver's seat, the seat is alright and steering feel and comfort is much better than other cars in this segment. Its a good car for those who would never have anyone traveling in the back seat.
Old 14th October 2011, 16:08   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Brio posts 5000+ bookings. Is it a Success that has eluded Honda @ recent times ?

"Towards the last few days of September, Honda Siel launched its much awaited hatchback and the state of Gujarat alone has seen 500 bookings so far. Honda is hoping 15% of its national sales to come from Brio’s sales in this state. The fact that the Japanese giant has already received nation wide bookings of 5000 cars without even making test drive vehicles available sure hints that this has been a very potent launch, probably one of the most potent of this year."

http://http://motoroids.com/news/str...rs-booked.html
Old 16th October 2011, 20:37   #423
Senior - BHPian

Just got the Brio S delivered yesterday, it does not have the parcel tray so is that specific to the V variant only? Or do the S also get it?

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Other Points:

• While the test cars didn't have a parcel tray, they should be available on the showroom Brios.
Old 16th October 2011, 21:10   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Even Thai model doesn't have rear wiper. Wiper on the all glass hatch is tricky as the glass need to have a hole and the wiper assembly with all wiring needs to be mounted from inside etc.
I stand corrected guna. Its ridiculous though. All hatches and notches in Europe must have a rear wiper due to the swirl created by the cars(basically aerodynamics of hatches). While we pride ourselves on having amongst the strictest emission norms in the world(seldom enforced though), why not add safety to the mix? The govt just wont wake up!
Old 22nd October 2011, 18:56   #425
Senior - BHPian

Booked a Brio V today after a test drive at whitefield honda. Overall I liked everything about the car other than the steering feedback.

The steering is way too light compared to my cedia's steering. It does weigh up on speed but it still feels light to me. I guess the mrf rubber is also to blame here and putting wider rubber will probably improve the steering.

The engine, gearbox and brakes are excellent. The best part about the engine is how refined it is at idle and how nice it sounds as the speed builds up. Also seems to have very decent grunt for a small car.

Even after discounting the light steering, the brio has the best handling out of all the hondas in india. There isn't significant body roll and the car changes direction pretty quickly. The driving position, gearbox and brakes are spot on for a small car. There's no bottom scraping either inspite of gigantic bangalore speed breakers.

This is an excellent small car from honda. Hardly any signs of cost cutting, excellent to drive and lots of space inside. In many ways it reminds me of the 80's civic hatchback - cheap, cheerful and amazing fun.

Only question that remains is long term reliability and build quality. The waiting period is almost 2 months now.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 22nd October 2011 at 19:02.
Old 22nd October 2011, 19:32   #426
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, believe me you are going to love it, the V variant also takes care of my biggest complaint which is the mirror adjustments which don't exist internally in the S variant.

What color did you opt for?

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos
Booked a Brio V today after a test drive at whitefield honda. Overall I liked everything about the car other than the steering feedbac........

Only question that remains is long term reliability and build quality. The waiting period is almost 2 months now.
Old 22nd October 2011, 19:45   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Congrats, believe me you are going to love it, the V variant also takes care of my biggest complaint which is the mirror adjustments which don't exist internally in the S variant.

What color did you opt for?

Regards,
Thank you for the wishes. Hope you are having a nice experience so far. Just curious why you didn't get the V as well since quite a few essential and safety features are missing in the lower variants.

I've booked a red but am open to other colors if they can deliver earlier. Have informed the sales manager accordingly. The V seems to have the longest wait list. I'm planning to upgrade the car's shoes to sticky 195/60 R14 rubber the very day I take delivery. Hopefully should sort out the steering issue.

Regards!

Last edited by reignofchaos : 22nd October 2011 at 19:46.
Old 25th October 2011, 13:27   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got the Brio S delivered yesterday, it does not have the parcel tray so is that specific to the V variant only? Or do the S also get it?

Regards,
Err. I thought the shallow boot doesn't require a parcel tray, as it was really easy for me to reach the bottom of the boot while being seated in the rear seat And I ain't tall, standing at 5' 8.

And I just sat inside the car, couldn't drive it. But from my observations,
*The Front seats are comfortable, but one can really feel that Honda has made the seats thin for knee room in the rear. Which was bad because the Hyundai Eon din't let me feel this!
*Controls fall easy at hand and the control knobs give a nice high-quality feel while being operated.
*Music System HU, Hood release lever, Power mirror controls, Power Window switches, head lamp leveler switch are all shared with the ANHC!
*Rear seats won't be very comfortable for long journeys.
*Choice of colour for the dashboard dampens appeal of the design. Even the very well designed, stylish hooded instrument console look ordinary with this colour. Tried, trusted and hugely loved 'Black and Beige' combination is sorely missed!
*Roof mounted antenna - inspired by the 90's Maruti 800 looks archaic and out of place on an otherwise modern looking Hatch.
*Paint quality is simply stunning! Mighty impressive art work by Honda!

>Overall, a high quality hatch from Honda, with a powerful and frugal motor from the Jazz, Compact dimensions, adequate space. Definitely much more than a match for the Etios Liva
Old 26th October 2011, 08:39   #429
BHPian

I had the chance to test drive few days back, whilst everything is typical Honda (Great shift's, interiors quality, finish) I could not get a comfortable seating position at the rear neither upright or resting on the head rests (including pushing my legs into the seats in front.

This is a let down for me and decided to look at other options.

[quote=aravind.anand;2557274]

+1 to your observations below:

*The Front seats are comfortable, but one can really feel that Honda has made the seats thin for knee room in the rear. Which was bad because the Hyundai Eon din't let me feel this!
*Rear seats won't be very comfortable for long journeys.
*Roof mounted antenna - inspired by the 90's Maruti 800 looks archaic and out of place on an otherwise modern looking Hatch.
Old 28th October 2011, 12:33   #430
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Yes am loving the car for city use, but the suspension over speed breakers is wierd, almost makes me think I'm on a camel back when I'm gliding over those small and short but long set of speed breakers!

Coming to my decision of why no V variant, trust me when I got the car I wasn't even aware of what's there what's not, nor did I know my exact cost etc. Besides the phone communications and this is going to be used very sparingly and mostly go for grocery shoppings and the deep city visits sometimes.

It was more of I needed a small car and whatever I could get I just picked as I needed white and the last minute for no reasons choose this over EON.

But getting the V variant should be nice as there is ABS and the best part is mirrors which you can adjust. And try get it in Black it might make the rear glass integration look a lot better

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Thank you for the wishes. Hope you are having a nice experience so far. Just curious why you didn't get the V as well since quite a few essential and safety features are missing in the lower variants..

Regards!
Old 28th October 2011, 13:54   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
I am not sure about the production cars, i did not check the car after launch. The TD cars did not have parcel tray.
Old 28th October 2011, 14:25   #432
Senior - BHPian

I did not see a parcel tray in the demo/td cars either.
Old 29th October 2011, 09:14   #433
BANNED

With such a deep glass area a parcel tray be tough to fit in.
Old 31st October 2011, 18:15   #434
Senior - BHPian

Did any of you notice the noise when you close the all glass hatch? I found it a little scary, but I'm sure Honda would have taken care of this, but just had a llittle apprehension
Old 1st November 2011, 09:35   #435
BANNED

@mtorworks; M800 Mk.I also had an all glass rear window! Does make a a bit of a noise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks