Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 16:30   #481

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
My dealer, Magnum Honda, Bangalore, indicated my car is due in mid-March. Could others who have booked the Brio update on this?
Which variant did you book ? Whitefield Honda said March for S(O) and V and April for S. This is last Saturday's update.
Old 9th February 2012, 16:45   #482
BHPian

^^ same dealer, same news. However, was promised early delivery this month end for V MT and S MT Option. Mine is for S MT.
Old 9th February 2012, 19:23   #483
Senior - BHPian

There's this thought process running through my head about replacing my Zen, which got me to the Honda showroom to check out the Brio.

The space management is amazing in this car, especially the leg room at the back, even with the seat pushed back to my driving position (i'm just short of 6). This though has come at the expense of having almost no boot !
The showroom has only V MT's on display and the interiors are pretty good for the segment. I did notice the glove box when closed has a gap with the dash (its like it is oversized).. has anybody else observed the same ?
A blue V MT was available for test drives and i didn't have to wait much (just the regular stuff - license, form filling ,etc)

Got into the car pushed the seat back to suit my height and I was pretty comfortable. Started the engine and like all Honda's one can hardly tell if its running.
Drove out of the showroom and I was somehow reminded of the City ZX we used to own. The gear shift is similar, but the Brio's bottom end I felt is better.
Nice free revving Honda engine and the engine is quiet till say about 3 - 3.5K rpm.
I felt the steering was too light for my taste. Even compared to the power steering on my Zen.
Took the car to a max of 80 and the handling seemed fine. Did not do any emergency braking tests, but the brakes did seem good.

All in all a fuss free peppy Honda, but somehow I did not get the feel that I was looking for. I probably did not get me the big car feel (something that I love about the Punto back home). That 'something' that makes you want to buy the car right there was missing !

Next stop - The New Swift Petrol.

PS - The waiting period her in Pune according to the SA is about 1.5 months.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 9th February 2012 at 19:25.
Old 11th February 2012, 10:29   #484
BHPian

A friend of mine is asking if Honda Brio is a safe car. I tried hard to find its safety rating but all I can find is only this -
"The car's body is certified to meet the UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)'s regulations 94 and 95 for front and side impact safety during collisions".
Source - Honda Brio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The rating for rear impact is absent. And the friend was worried only about the rear.

Can someone please find rating for rear impact along with citation? Thanks.
Old 11th February 2012, 16:58   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarba

Which variant did you book ? Whitefield Honda said March for S(O) and V and April for S. This is last Saturday's update.
I have booked the S.
Old 14th February 2012, 22:10   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My dealer, Magnum Honda, Bangalore, indicated my car is due in mid-March. Could others who have booked the Brio update on this?
My dad booked his Brio (the middle version) last Oct. Finally he is getting the delivery on 21st! But it isint the middle version. He was offered the top version. I persuaded him to shell out the 60k extra for the safety features. He is upgrading from an Alto.
Will update once the car is delivered. This is in Noida.
Old 15th February 2012, 06:40   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

My dad booked his Brio (the middle version) last Oct. Finally he is getting the delivery on 21st! But it isint the middle version. He was offered the top version. I persuaded him to shell out the 60k extra for the safety features. He is upgrading from an Alto.
Will update once the car is delivered. This is in Noida.
Was he offered the top variant due to non-availability of the one he booked? Should I be ready with the extra money, if that is the case?

For only a city drive, do the S(O) make much difference compared to the S? I am upgrading my wagonR that did not have any of those safety features for the past 8 years. However, I have a Civic with all the safety features for highway drive.
Old 15th February 2012, 08:18   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was he offered the top variant due to non-availability of the one he booked? Should I be ready with the extra money, if that is the case?

For only a city drive, do the S(O) make much difference compared to the S? I am upgrading my wagonR that did not have any of those safety features for the past 8 years. However, I have a Civic with all the safety features for highway drive.
yes its because of non-availability. actually, they said he can get the middle version (is it S) after 28th (but no fixed date given). But the dealer offered to provide the V version by 20th. the difference in the two is airbags, foglamps, abs etc. Its good to have them, given India's track record on safety, even in the city. I am happy he was offered the top variant and he is going for it. primarily the car will be used in city (jhansi) only, with some highway runs (on the very bad highway between Jhansi and Delhi).

i would advice not to ignore safety features. accidents in cities can also be fatal.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 16:02   #489
BHPian

Some good news for all Honda & Brio Fans (Me excluded) : Honda resumes normal production & to clear backlog by march end.
Link Here: Honda resumes normal production in India | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in
Old 16th February 2012, 20:44   #490
Senior - BHPian

Just received a mail from Honda stating that the bookings are now open for Brio.

Checkout the link Honda Brio
Old 17th February 2012, 08:42   #491
BHPian

Can someone post pics of all the colors of the Brio? So far, I have seen only Red, Blue, White and Grey. Hard to make a choice!
eyesice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 09:06   #492
Senior - BHPian

I also got the mail. I am waiting for what was in all the pre-release pics, the AT (most probably a CVT). I will not mid the AT in the Jazz either.
Old 20th February 2012, 19:59   #493
BHPian

A Jazz with an AT - an absolute No-brainer!! Honda please get that!
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:15   #494
Senior - BHPian

Got an email from Honda India about the Brio and it's extended warranty prices and must say am quite impressed as the price for third year is just 2650 and for fourth year incl third is 5450.

I pay more for my apple protection pack, this is wonderful prices.

Regards,
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:46   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Brio bookings reopen!

" The Jap manufacturer plans to clear all the backlog by the end of March. Not just this, the manufacturer also wishes to bring down the waiting period of new bookings to a maximum of 60 days"

Honda Brio bookings reopen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks