Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:07   #496
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Looks like Honda is on an Advertising spree. They have TV ad campaign running like almost once every half an hour for BRIO. Saw a half page ad again for BRIO in today’s Hindu. Never saw so much of ad campaign for any other Honda Car. Even now it’s only for Brio nothing much happening on the Jazz, City front. Honda is in a real mood to catch up what it has lost. But Lack of Diesel Mill is always going to be a drawback.
Old 24th February 2012, 12:29   #497
Senior - BHPian

Got our Brio today! It's actually for my parents. On, first impressions everything looks great. It's the V version in Blue shade. Car has right now gone to the temple for almighty blessings. I wish I was there to welcome the new car in my hometown. More details as I get to know them myself.

Best wishes on our behalf to all people waiting for their deliveries. Wish you all get your Brio sooner than later.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 12:54   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Looks like Honda is on an Advertising spree. They have TV ad campaign running like almost once every half an hour for BRIO. Saw a half page ad again for BRIO in today’s Hindu. Never saw so much of ad campaign for any other Honda Car. Even now it’s only for Brio nothing much happening on the Jazz, City front. Honda is in a real mood to catch up what it has lost. But Lack of Diesel Mill is always going to be a drawback.
A bit too late for the ex-CEO or the new CEO is more aggressive?

See the following link for the story on the recall of the CEO

(Honda Motor Co recalls India CEO Takashi Nagai and marketing head Seki Inaba as unit struggles - The Economic Times)
Old 24th February 2012, 14:02   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Got our Brio today! It's actually for my parents. On, first impressions everything looks great. It's the V version in Blue shade. Car has right now gone to the temple for almighty blessings. I wish I was there to welcome the new car in my hometown. More details as I get to know them myself.

Best wishes on our behalf to all people waiting for their deliveries. Wish you all get your Brio sooner than later.

Congrats...Share the pics, if you parents send them to you.
Old 26th February 2012, 09:39   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The TD cars did not have parcel tray.
+1

I test drove a Brio yesterday ; the test mule,a V MT had no parcel tray while a S(O)MT on display inside the showroom had the parcel tray - very neat arrangement.

Some other aspects that I noted during the TD
  1. too much road noise - no insulation in the wheel well
  2. the ac was not effective at all(expected much more from a new car)
  3. the steering was tops ; so was the gear shift - slick,smooth and slotted well
  4. engine required to be revved to keep pace with the rest of the traffic
Old 27th February 2012, 11:47   #501
Senior - BHPian

My friend booked a Brio V MT last Monday with Magnum Honda, Mekhri Circle, Bangalore. Delivery was promised in third week of March. The dealer is insisting on getting the loan processing done and paying the full amount within 10 days! Is this natural? As far as I have understood, we need to pay the full amount only after the car is allotted and we do a PDI of the same. Is it different for honda cars?
Old 27th February 2012, 12:01   #502
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from the Honda dealer last week to tell me that they have opened bookings for Brio. If booked now, it will take them a month to deliver. Also, for every test drive, they are giving gifts and if during the test drive we are able to break their claimed mileage of 18 kmpl, then another gift will be given.
Old 27th February 2012, 13:28   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
As far as I have understood, we need to pay the full amount only after the car is allotted and we do a PDI of the same. Is it different for honda cars?
It is not. This can mean that the dealer is expecting to receive the shipment from the factory and can allocate the car earlier than the committed date (or) there is a possibility that another booking has fallen through and you are pushed up the queue. I wouldn't hesitate to give the sales person a call and check.
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 13:31   #504
Senior - BHPian

Kindly put up pics and ownership review. So far I could see only one review. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
Congrats...Share the pics, if you parents send them to you.
Old 27th February 2012, 13:45   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
It is not. This can mean that the dealer is expecting to receive the shipment from the factory and can allocate the car earlier than the committed date (or) there is a possibility that another booking has fallen through and you are pushed up the queue. I wouldn't hesitate to give the sales person a call and check.
Thanks for the info thenomad! My friend is going today evening to the showroom to discuss the same. will update after I get to hear from him.
Old 28th February 2012, 21:52   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
  1. too much road noise - no insulation in the wheel well
  2. the ac was not effective at all(expected much more from a new car)
  3. the steering was tops ; so was the gear shift - slick,smooth and slotted well
  4. engine required to be revved to keep pace with the rest of the traffic
From what i read in the first post, the engine response is quite good at the lower end too. Wonder why you felt it required revving.

Does anyone know the exact difference between the V and other models in terms of interior colour shade? Is the dash on non-V models all Beige?
Old 28th February 2012, 22:23   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Does anyone know the exact difference between the V and other models in terms of interior colour shade? Is the dash on non-V models all Beige?
Could not see in flesh any other variants in the showroom other than V MT but what the SA told me is that the dash color scheme remains the same- brown and beige across all variants, but the upholstery color scheme changes. The V MT variant gets dual tone (Beige with darker shade design) seat upholstery, while all the other variants gets a single tone beige upholstery.
Old 28th February 2012, 22:52   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Only the carpet color is different. V gets beige colored carpet, all other lower variants come with Black carpet.
Old 28th February 2012, 23:34   #509
BHPian

^^ The V variant also gets black inserts on the door panels and light beige dark beige combo on seats. The dash colours remain same for all variants.

Is there any parcel tray available or not? The sales executive mentioned its not standard on any variant and no option available either.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:39   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
^^
Is there any parcel tray available or not? The sales executive mentioned its not standard on any variant and no option available either.
Same thing was told to us too. I even asked the SA if it is possible to fit the parcel tray aftermarket. He was not sure about that.

Even the high end V variant does not come with height adjustable headrests. Will it be possible to fit the same aftermarket in a brio?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks