Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 11:50   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Just wanted to point out that the Chevy cars you find in India are more Korean then American (since they are rebadged Daewoo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by algos&autos View Post
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this information.
Right with Optra, Aveo & U-VA.

But Cruze & Beat are from GM stable only. Pure Chevy.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 4th October 2011, 12:32   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I own a Santro for 10+ yrs, and the maintenance is not cheap at all.
In our family, we have owned an alto and a wagonR - the typical maintenance on the WagonR was like half of the Santro, year over year.
+1 Hyundai cars maintenance is almost double compared to Maruti Cars. Even my service bills of santro is mostly more than my honda city.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:57   #378
BHPian

Guys. Let's not steal the thunder away from Brio. If you want, maybe you can start a new thread as a lot of you have some serious pointers.

Now. Has anyone in Bangalore done a TD? If yes, then which showroom has a TD car. And what're the OTR prices in Bangalore?
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 14:57   #379
BHPian

+1 on that creative420

For people who have booked the brio in Mumbai, when is the delivery expected. Anyone TDed yet? which showroom?
Old 4th October 2011, 17:11   #380

I happened to cancel my Figo ZXI petrol and booked the Honda Brio S variant for my wife and mom! Liked the powerful Engine and FE. The Figo's space and interior quality is amazing. But I guess that will fade on the longer run. Though I already have the Fludic SX awaiting in line... Hoping this one will come home faster! What do you think of this decision? Does anyone have any clue on the deliveries... They told me 3 months tentative!
Old 4th October 2011, 21:25   #381
BHPian

In NCR, dealers are promising a delivery for the Brio before November for sure if we book now.. But no TD car at all. So leaning away from booking it and cant wait so long as well.
Old 5th October 2011, 09:38   #382
BHPian

Dear Mods,
Is there a brio Vs. i10 Vs. other competition review planned soon? I am sure such a review would be highly useful.
Old 6th October 2011, 16:58   #383
BHPian

Its a nice car but for the price isn't one getting less than on the top of the line Hyundai i10. For about 7 (auto tranny), one gets stuff which the Brio doesnt - Bluetooth, sunroof, rear parking sensors. The Brio doesnt even have a defogger, which I'm sure the foreign models do have. When a manufacturer cuts cost to this extent, one does get a nasty feeling about it. I would expect Maruti and Hyundai to do this extent of cost cutting, but never Honda. Personally, though the car is an excellent one, I would never buy it (primarily because i get a bad feeling of the defogger not being there - (yes, i'm a bit particular about these kind of things), and further because they have tried to cut a lot of corners on an otherwise fine car.
Old 6th October 2011, 17:00   #384
BHPian

A Brio - i10 review would be very useful - lots of stuff in the i10 top of the line, which the Brio doesnt have. Of course, the Brio is dependable Japanese engineering, while the i10 is Korean (good but perhaps not as good as Japanese quality).
Old 6th October 2011, 17:53   #385
BANNED

If Honda, Chevrolet and Ford can give 1.2L engined cars under 4L, why can't mass producers like Maruti and Hyundai do it?
Old 6th October 2011, 19:55   #386
BHPian

This looks very promising for Honda. I am thinking of buying this after giving up my 4yr old Toyota Corolla.
Would I be compromising on a lot or would it be better to just keep the Corolla ?
Old 7th October 2011, 00:05   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
This looks very promising for Honda. I am thinking of buying this after giving up my 4yr old Toyota Corolla.
Would I be compromising on a lot or would it be better to just keep the Corolla ?
I was looking to buy a car for almost an year and i waited long enough to benefit from the Jazz's price reduction, i booked one soon after the price cut.

Toyota Corolla is a car from a higher segment, with its pros(space) and cons(FE). Without knowing more of your preferences and state, i would recommend a wait and watch unless you have pressing need to switch cars now. You might have more options to choose from, which might include a Diesel Honda.
Old 7th October 2011, 01:03   #388
BHPian

a promising proposition from HONDA indeed. also saw the run up done by some tall guy on overdrive`s youtube channel of the car, the guy was mighty pleased with the ergonomics of the car.

But i`d still wish if, if only we`d got to see a Jazz diesel around 7.2lacs ex
Old 7th October 2011, 08:20   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
Definitely compromising. IMO, you would be better off holding on to Corolla.
Or may be you could consider Jazz.
Old 7th October 2011, 08:24   #390
Senior - BHPian

Booked one! Wait time is almost 2 months now! The contention was between this and i10. Since I already owe an i10 (and am not so happpy with it, esp since every paid service now costs upwards of 4k), this time going for a Honda. Will be gettting the car in early dec. Will put up an ownership thread then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks