Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 15:39   #301
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The fully-loaded Brio is cheaper than the Swift, and betters it in nearly every way!
@GTO - As you have test driven both, could you please elaborate on which parameters do you feel the Brio better than the Swift.

I for one would have considered Swift one segment above and would not have compared it with the Brio at all but with the Jazz.

Will definitely help wannabe buyers.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2011, 15:47   #302
BHPian

Okay guys bad news - Honda has rolled out just bare minimum sample pieces for display. Showroom at my place do not even have a test vehicle ...lol.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:06   #303
Team-BHP Support

Prices start at 3.95L ex-showroom Delhi.

Fantastic pricing for a Honda hatchback IMO. Success is guaranteed. Maruti and Hyundai petrol cars - better run for cover from Brio/ Jazz duo.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:11   #304
BHPian

Fantastic Pricing!!! Good days ahead for Honda India.

Now how does it compare itself with respect to suzuki a-star (or) Is Brio one segment higher than a-star?
Old 27th September 2011, 16:20   #305
Senior - BHPian

Honda is back. And back with all cylinders firing!

Very good pricing The base 'E' with its 3.XX price tag will woo customers into the showroom.

I guess Hyundai might revise the i10's pricing by a few thousands to keep it's momentum going.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:28   #306
Senior - BHPian

Honda seems to be bang on price in that market place. After the correction in City and Jazz quite a revelation that they chose to price it right from Day 1.

i10, Ritz, and Brio will be quite a killer competition of trio. A detailed competitive review should be due in no time I guess.

Brio certainly seems a notch up on power over i10 although may lag behind in boot space. But one more comforting factor I see is Brio got 14" shoes as against 13" for i10 where people have been feeling dire need of shoe upgrade. Should lend it better stability on highways too.

Considering the pricing of S(O) and V, just a 20k difference I feel many people may opt for V variant skipping S(O). Why bother for 20k difference when you get original Honda Alloys with 14" shoes without the need to upgrade and other small gizmos. S(O) really seems redundant to me, although a few people may opt for it.

Also, wouldn't an AT be much in demand in competition to i10's AT?

Last edited by parsh : 27th September 2011 at 16:29.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:29   #307
Team-BHP Support

The only thing left to do now, is to expand their service network and boost production in order to cater to the customers who will start pouring into the showrooms shortly.

Honestly, I find very little fault in the Brio. You'd really have to nitpick to find its flaws. The boot, for instance is very small. But when you plan on buying a small car, you can't really expect big hatch-like boot-space. Then there are a few features missing, like the rear windscreen wiper and auto-climate-control. But they are features that you can live without, frankly.

The quirky styling may not be to everyone's taste, but I love it. All it needs is bigger and wider shoes. And if we ever plan on selling my Santro and picking up the Brio, I would up-grade the wheels and tyres. The current stock size doesn't do justice the car's fantastic dynamic ability, unfortunately.

Imagine! A car that can is as fun to drive as a Swift, small enough for tight parking spots, extremely fuel efficient, powerful enough to out-run anything without a boot, and to top it all off, Honda's superb reliability.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 17:10   #308
Senior - BHPian

If there was any way I could replace the rear of the Brio, I'd but it straightway!!
Jokes apart, fantastic pricing for the non-design conscious buyers!
Old 27th September 2011, 17:14   #309
BHPian

Attached are the pics of Brio in Black, Silver and White colour. They have all the 6 shades here, but since the other 3 have been seen in the reviews, thought of sharing the other 3. White looks neat too.

Source : Honda Brio | Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-black.jpg  

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-silver.jpg  

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-white.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 18:03   #310
BHPian

Oil companies of India be thanked for teaching arrogant Petrol only Honda a lesson which customers could not.

Honda has run for its life from premium Dias it has been falsely occupying in India with its City& Jazz price coorection and matching Brio with a normal Japanese car pricing matching with Suzuki & Hyundai.
Old 27th September 2011, 18:23   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Oil companies of India be thanked for teaching arrogant Petrol only Honda a lesson which customers could not.

Honda has run for its life from premium Dias it has been falsely occupying in India with its City& Jazz price coorection and matching Brio with a normal Japanese car pricing matching with Suzuki & Hyundai.
+1
Yup very true Honda was definitely taking Indian customers for a ride in the name of high quality /Premium products, they might have made a lot of money.

Honda Jazz /Fit is almost a decade old model and they were selling it at a ridiculously high price, thanks petrol prices for a steep correction.
Old 27th September 2011, 18:51   #312
BHPian

I had a chance to examine Brio in flesh. It is not at all small. It appears only small in pics, in person it is not at all small.
Rear glass is tough like a nut. I slammed with all force I could but not a single creak anywhere.

Steering wheel is nice to hold.

Each and every part screams of quality, starting from a small part as mudflaps.
I test rode Ritz yesterday and after sitting and examining/testing Brio for close to an hour, Ritz seems horrible.

Also took a test drive of Jazz, wow what an engine. Buttery gear shifts, best I have used till date.

Only complain is regarding rear power window switches on the back doors. I am not sure how long can they last with the design, though it is a nice touch.
Especially with kids around, can it survive the abuse? I am skeptical of it.

Last edited by acroback : 27th September 2011 at 18:52.
Old 27th September 2011, 19:29   #313
Senior - BHPian

Has Eon spoilt Brio's party, remains to be seen. The comparison between Brio & Eon are inescapable.
Old 27th September 2011, 20:06   #314
Senior - BHPian

Had a quick look at the Brio today

Positives
  • Good space in the front seats
  • Good looking (read inoffensive) front nose
  • Good steering wheel

Other impressions/observations
  • Driver Seat is low set, coupled with high dashboard, the visibility is not great. Dimensionally it is supposed to be as wide as City but the front view seemed narrow. Far from the commanding view you get from the likes of i10
  • Shiny and hard plastics (darker tones) did not feel upmarket. Pieces of brown on the trim/inserts could have been avoided (there are far too many shades and textures creating a visual noise
  • Back seat is not too comfortable. Backrest is short and doesn't provide enough support
  • Locking mechanism for the rear hatch is on the body (and not on the hatch lid) like in India. This is left exposed along with the surrounding metal panel.
  • If you turn back from the rear seat, you see these ugly fittings and the rear glass which is so close to you (can make you feel vulnerable)
  • Overall the dash did not look elegant or upmarket to my eyes
  • The high mounted stop lamp looks like it has been screwed from outside! (made for India? certainly not)
  • The headroom in the rear is not great. My head was almost brushing against the roof when I tried the back seat.

Overall, the car did not feel well made and I would any day buy i10 (I am not even comparing it with Swift which is in a different league IMHO).

Last edited by Eddy : 27th September 2011 at 23:40. Reason: Added missing point
Old 27th September 2011, 20:18   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Has Eon spoilt Brio's party, remains to be seen. The comparison between Brio & Eon are inescapable.
Eon and Brio in same class? Even the top end Eon should close less than the cheapest Brio.. Eon is going to compete with Alto/k10/spark.

You should test drive the Jazz to get a feel of the engine, if not the Brio itself

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks