Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 14:38   #541
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
The dealers now say that I will have to pay 2% extra due to excise duty hike in budget, even though I will take delivery by 30th march. I was supposed to get the car by mid-march. But now end of march. Due to the delay from Honda, I will have to bear the 2% hike :-(
I read somewhere in Times of India that you do not have to bear the extra 2% if your VIN number contains a date before 15 Mar. Please confirm this before paying the extra amount.
Old 20th March 2012, 15:23   #542
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
The dealers now say that I will have to pay 2% extra due to excise duty hike in budget, even though I will take delivery by 30th march. I was supposed to get the car by mid-march. But now end of march. Due to the delay from Honda, I will have to bear the 2% hike :-(
If the car left the factory before or on budget day, you don;t need to pay but after wards YES. If dealer still insist ask him for delivery challan of the car from factory. There is a excise form as well mentioning the date , on which car left factory premises. forget the name. if date is after budget day , you have no choice other than to pay extra 2 % .
Old 20th March 2012, 15:30   #543
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, the excise duty becomes active only from 1 April and Honda will be paying that 2% increase in excise (to govt) only from then on. Only when they start paying to Govt, they can pass it to you. If your car is getting delivered in March end then, you might not have to pay the 2% extra. Talk to SA and ask him if he can show the 12% excise duty (against 10%) charged on your Brio in any documents/invoices.
Old 20th March 2012, 15:49   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
As far as I know, the excise duty becomes active only from 1 April and Honda will be paying that 2% increase in excise (to govt) only from then on. Only when they start paying to Govt, they can pass it to you. If your car is getting delivered in March end then, you might not have to pay the 2% extra. Talk to SA and ask him if he can show the 12% excise duty (against 10%) charged on your Brio in any documents/invoices.
+1 to this. They cannot charge someting just because the minister has announced.
Old 20th March 2012, 15:57   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
If the car left the factory before or on budget day, you don;t need to pay but after wards YES. If dealer still insist ask him for delivery challan of the car from factory. There is a excise form as well mentioning the date , on which car left factory premises. forget the name. if date is after budget day , you have no choice other than to pay extra 2 % .
Sushilkumar has correctly stated it. Its not 1st April.

Rather, effective from next day 12 am night after budget

So, this year it is 17th March 00:01 AM to get the new excise duty effective.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:09   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Sushilkumar has correctly stated it. Its not 1st April.

Rather, effective from next day 12 am night after budget

So, this year it is 17th March 00:01 AM to get the new excise duty effective.
Has Honda announced an increase in prices of the Brio. Unless they do, it should not take effect. What if Honda decides to absorb the cost? It is possible that the dealer wants to make money out of the situation. I feel its better to directly check with Honda at their customer care no. and raise a complaint if the dealer is charging extra without Honda actually raising prices
Old 20th March 2012, 16:21   #547
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

^^ good point since Honda hasn ;t announced a decision whether they will pas on the excise hike to consumer or not . Until than , dealer must deliver the car on Old price .

If they decide to absorb the hike, Brio will continue to be sold at old price . as some body said earlier, dealer is trying to make a quick buck..
Old 20th March 2012, 16:33   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine is taking delivery of Brio V MT tomorrow morning from Magnum Honda, Mekhri Circle, Bangalore. Full payment was made around 10 days ago and the dealer has not asked for any extra payment. So presumably she is getting it at pre-budget price itself. The car was shipped from the factory in Noida before budget.
As far as I know, Honda has not officially announced any price hike till now.
Old 20th March 2012, 22:31   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7

A friend of mine is taking delivery of Brio V MT tomorrow morning from Magnum Honda, Mekhri Circle, Bangalore. Full payment was made around 10 days ago and the dealer has not asked for any extra payment. So presumably she is getting it at pre-budget price itself. The car was shipped from the factory in Noida before budget.
As far as I know, Honda has not officially announced any price hike till now.
The pricelist on Honda's website is not available, since they are updating. Past 4 days, I am behind the dealer for the proforma invoice. They are yet to give me one as they are waiting for the hiked pricelist.
Old 21st March 2012, 15:07   #550
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Magnum Honda, Mekhri Circle today morning to take delivery of Honda Brio V MT for my friend. The car was booked on February 22nd. The on-road price came to Rs. 6,37,297 including standard accessories, extended warranty and registration. Delivery was a very smooth affair.
Drove the car from the showroom till her home in Hanumanthnagar. The car seems to be a perfect city hatch. Short clutch, short throw gears, very light steering, small turning radius, excellent all round visibility etc makes it very easy to be maneuvered around in traffic. Wold have loved a bit more torque in the lower RPMs though.
Some Pics below

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-dscn1042.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-dscn1053.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-dscn1070.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-dscn1072.jpg
sandsun7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 16:04   #551
BHPian

Honda too has increased their car prices - Brio costs up by Rs. 5000
Business Line : Companies News : Honda Siel raises prices by up to Rs 94,000
Old 27th March 2012, 20:57   #552
Senior - BHPian

Today I had a short test drive of the Brio, not that I am interested in purchasing it, but Crystal Honda has arranged a road show in our company campus & I though why not give it a try. I liked the space management inside the car, compact on outside, but quite spacious from inside. The rear seats have good under thigh support & are pretty comfortable, same is the case with front seats. The Chevy Beat seats suck big time, absolutely no under thigh support. The test drive car was parked in blazing hot sun (@ 03:30pm in the afternoon). Bringing the AC blower position to "2" started throwing the cool air within a couple of minutes (AC seemed quite effective). We were three in the car & with AC ON, the engine didn't feel strained at all, it pulled effortlessly. Couldn't drive it beyond third gear as the campus is marred with speadbreakers. But overall I liked the package.

Can someone please confirm if the oil change service interval for Brio (or the i-Vtec engine for that matter) is 20K kms or 2 years? Just noticed from the leaflet that the engine is SOHC i-VTEC. Is the one in Honda City a DOHC?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 27th March 2012 at 21:03. Reason: engine query added
Old 29th March 2012, 11:35   #553
BHPian

How can the announcement of the Finance Minister date be taken as final? Technically, the FM puts the budget for vote in parliament. Nothing is finalised till the budget session of parliament is over and the Lok Sabha has passed the bill!!!

b.t.w. i have recently bought a car and the Brio was one of the ones I shortlisted. Since i stay around South Delhi, went to the Honda showroom in Select City Walk complex.
The sales agent was so uninterested that it totally dampened all enthusiasms me and my wife had about the whole buying process.
He even refused to give e test drive of the car, flatly saying that there is no provision for such!!!!
I have bought a Ritz and am quite happy with it, but I really was interested in the Brio and might well have bought it if not for such callous attitude at the showroom.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th March 2012 at 12:12. Reason: Back to back post, please use EDIT once the posts are approved. Thank
Old 29th March 2012, 16:02   #554
BANNED

SOHC in Single Overhead cam. The City is also SOHC and the Brio/Jazz engine is derived from it.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 16:47   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Can someone please confirm if the oil change service interval for Brio (or the i-Vtec engine for that matter) is 20K kms or 2 years? Just noticed from the leaflet that the engine is SOHC i-VTEC. Is the one in Honda City a DOHC?
For City (since you asked iVtech) it was 5000 km or 6 months. They recommend inspection for every 3 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks