Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 16:51   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
For City (since you asked iVtech) it was 5000 km or 6 months. They recommend inspection for every 3 months.
Though I want to know what is the oil change service interval for the current Honda City? Someone can please guide to me the thread where I can find more information on this.
Old 29th March 2012, 17:12   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Though I want to know what is the oil change service interval for the current Honda City? Someone can please guide to me the thread where I can find more information on this.
What I mentioned is for the current city (5000 km or 6 months)
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 09:07   #558
BANNED

As far as I know now Honda service interval is 6 months/5000km but if you use synthetic then the oil change can be at twice these. In other words every alternate service. I remember on some thread here where they insisted on service after three months, the chaps father was 'conned' and when he raised a stink they gave a voucher for the amount. I am running my Civic on six month service, and skip the ladies calling you.

Last edited by sgiitk : 30th March 2012 at 09:11.
Old 30th March 2012, 09:45   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
As far as I know now Honda service interval is 6 months/5000km but if you use synthetic then the oil change can be at twice these. In other words every alternate service. I remember on some thread here where they insisted on service after three months, the chaps father was 'conned' and when he raised a stink they gave a voucher for the amount. I am running my Civic on six month service, and skip the ladies calling you.
What they say is, you need to bring the car for service every 3 months, but oil change needs to be done only if you have crossed 5000 kms for the duration.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:22   #560
BANNED

@Guna; Please check your (latest is preferred) manual. What they say is just poppycock. In fact I raised the issue with the SM and he just changed the topic.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:40   #561
BHPian

My "Rallye Red" Brio VMT goes for registration today. Just can't wait to take the delivery coming Wednesday.

PRICE BREAK-UP:
Ex-Showroom Price 522000
Road Tax & Handling Charges 87619
Comprehensive Insurance 15476
Essential Kit 3000
Final On-Road Price 628095
Old 30th March 2012, 11:41   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Guna; Please check your (latest is preferred) manual. What they say is just poppycock. In fact I raised the issue with the SM and he just changed the topic.
I think Guna is right, service they say is 3 months, but they only change the oil every 6 months or 5k km whichever is earlier. If you go for synthetic, they are willing to change oil 12 months or 10k km, but get it from them noted on your invoice.

I generally give my car (civic) around 6 months or so, but sometimes feel it is better to give it to them every 3 months, since I rarely open the bonnet myself. The service costs very little and for INR 1k or so, they inspect everything, torque the suspension, solve minor issues/rattles, clean throttle body/filters, put polish on tires/dash, etc. They pick up/drop the car off, hardly any hassle.
Old 30th March 2012, 12:12   #563
BHPian

Congrats omatunto. Registration today and delivery next Wednesday? How can you wait so long?

As I see, you are not taking extended warranty. Any particular reason? I find it safe to go with it and probably skip the Essential Kit.
Old 30th March 2012, 12:22   #564
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I generally give my car (civic) around 6 months or so, but sometimes feel it is better to give it to them every 3 months, since I rarely open the bonnet myself. The service costs very little and for INR 1k or so, they inspect everything, torque the suspension, solve minor issues/rattles, clean throttle body/filters, put polish on tires/dash, etc. They pick up/drop the car off, hardly any hassle.
My Civic manual talks of six months/5000km. After the initial 1-3-6 month sequence I am taking it in only every six months, incl. the warranty period). The Owners Handbook also gives the six month/5000 km schedule. In any case I think oil should be changed at least annually, irrespective of the mileage. If you look at VFM then six monthly semi-synth/ mineral works out cheaper, but since my initial fill was synth (Honda uses Idemitsu/Savsol 0W30) I have stuck with it. At six months I did put in Mobil1 0W40 but then dropped back to the Idemitsu since there is a difference of more than Rs.1000.
Old 30th March 2012, 12:32   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Civic manual talks of six months/5000km. After the initial 1-3-6 month sequence I am taking it in only every six months, incl. the warranty period). The Owners Handbook also gives the six month/5000 km schedule.
I agree the manual states that. However dealers (on the invoice and sticker) keep referring to the 3 month schedule and when questioned say it is Honda India's policy. As I said, I also usually give it every 6 months only. I did try Honda (Idemitsu) synthetic and found it quite good. But since my running is very low, I have not bothered.
Old 30th March 2012, 19:01   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand
Congrats omatunto. Registration today and delivery next Wednesday? How can you wait so long?

As I see, you are not taking extended warranty. Any particular reason? I find it safe to go with it and probably skip the Essential Kit.
Thank you. I did discuss in this thread about essential kit & ext warranty, where most of them recommended the former. Also I plan to take the alloy rim for the spare tyre instead.
Old 31st March 2012, 09:38   #567
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I agree the manual states that. However dealers (on the invoice and sticker) keep referring to the 3 month schedule and when questioned say it is Honda India's policy. As I said, I also usually give it every 6 months only. I did try Honda (Idemitsu) synthetic and found it quite good. But since my running is very low, I have not bothered.
Forget the sticker. It obviously suits the dealer to con you in three monthly visits. In another thread it was reported that the dealer forced the owner's father to bring the car in after three months.

The chap raised a stink and then got a credit voucher for the three month charges. So much for corporate policy!

The only corporate policy I go with is the manual. The excuse given when pressed is that you may be doing 20,000 a year. This is the basis of the service table in Hyundai and God knows who else.
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:05   #568
BHPian

Got the first free service of my Brio done today.

Gearshift was hard, Clutch bleeding was done and its better now. Not as good as Polo but just fine.

There exists an irritating rattle from the center top of the dash board which even feels hollow to the touch, was told its common in all Brios. Not confidence inspiring to hear it, what with all the huge expectations from something engineered by the famed Honda.

Service center attitude was good, everything was patiently listened to and effort made to execute, though its just the first service with not much issues.

Other than the rattling dash, the car runs like a dream thanks to its gem of an engine.
Old 8th April 2012, 12:32   #569
BHPian

I first booked the Brio SMT on Jan 7th. The dealer promised end of March deliver. I was even ready to take SMT(O), if I get it on a pre-budget price. On 24th March, when I visited the dealer, he postponed it to first week of April and their attitude were lackadaisical. This dealer lost my confidence at that point. On the same day, I booked my Brio with Whitefield Honda and took the delivery to my complete satisfaction, on April 4th. The sales person Arun was very clear with what stock he had and was professional. I wanted a pre-budget car and he obliged with a VMT of the color I wanted, the Rallye Red. I have now done just above 150km since Wednesday last. The power steering, turning radius and turning heads are few of those features I am enjoying right now.
I replaced by 2004 WagonR and I have a Civic for those long distance drives. Though the Brio is for my daily city commuting purpose, I intend to use it for long distances in the future. I will try my best to keep this forum updated on my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
My "Rallye Red" Brio VMT goes for registration today. Just can't wait to take the delivery coming Wednesday.

PRICE BREAK-UP:
Ex-Showroom Price 522000
Road Tax & Handling Charges 87619
Comprehensive Insurance 15476
Essential Kit 3000
Final On-Road Price 628095
Old 8th April 2012, 13:11   #570
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy your Brio. Hope it Loves you back. Look forward to your ownership review. Dearth of Brio reviews on the forum.

I have now done just above 150km since Wednesday last. The power steering, turning radius and turning heads are few of those features I am enjoying right now.
I replaced by 2004 WagonR and I have a Civic for those long distance drives. Though the Brio is for my daily city commuting purpose, I intend to use it for long distances in the future. I will try my best to keep this forum updated on my experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks