Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 20:11   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Yes the Excise Duty showing up.

Can you confirm what the Extended Warranty covers. I might also opt out of RSA.
Everything other than wear and tear parts.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 08:51   #587
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
A blank cheque to them. With this they can cover everything incl. even parts of the drive-train.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:51   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A blank cheque to them. With this they can cover everything incl. even parts of the drive-train.
Agree. Almost everything has some rubber or plastic which they use as excuse to avoid.

e.g. My belt tensioner failed and cut the main drive belt (neatly as a knife). They refused to pay for the belt saying it is a consumable. Even though actually it is supposed to last many years. Similarly they refused to pay for the lower arms, saying it is the rubber part which has failed which is consumable. I am living with the small occasional suspension noise.

But finally your call. They did pay for the tensioner.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 12th April 2012 at 10:52.
Old 12th April 2012, 22:45   #589
BHPian

I went to checkout this car with my wife. Couldn't do a test drive though.
I must say this - Brio is the most space efficient hatch I've ever sat in. I am 6.3" and I am saying that!

I sat in the car, pushed back the seat completely and was comfortable enough in the driving position. I also sat in the Jazz to compare the leg space, and I think Brio and Jazz have almost the same front seat leg space, even after pushing the seats completely back in both cases. And I think thats awesome space management. The difference in leg space is in the rear seat (which is 1 inch more in Jazz) and the boot space (which is huge in Jazz).

My wife is also excited. And we love the rear. Waiting period is around 2 weeks which is great, and I am going to book it by end of this month.

Thanks to Angshuman, GTO and others in this forum, to helping me relook at Brio (as it looked really tiny in pictures).

I am planning for my TD this weekend. Will share my experience soon.
harryskt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 07:54   #590
BHPian

Correct the Extended warranty is exactly the same as what all is covered in the initially warranty. They are pushing me a lot to confirm the RSA and gave me cock and bull story that its compulsory. Have clearly told them i wont take RSA.

Anyways want to know if anyone has changed the main ICE. As i find it very outdated, and would like to install a touch display with navigation. Please advice if there is any official Touch Display available in Thai Land, as i can hand carry it on my next visit back to India. Or a good replacement.
Old 20th April 2012, 09:17   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Agree.
Quote:
Anyways want to know if anyone has changed the main ICE. As i find it very outdated, and would like to install a touch display with navigation. Please advice if there is any official Touch Display available in Thai Land, as i can hand carry it on my next visit back to India. Or a good replacement.
Guys mom will be taking delivery tomorrow. I will be in Thailand coming Monday, so can someone guide me to the best ICE.
Old 20th April 2012, 09:50   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Some people have gotten themselves Caska unit that replaces the OEM HU. You can look at ANHC ownership thread of charthom. It is a 7" touchscreen with navigation and also a camera for parking aid. I think he paid around 55k for the unit and got it done at Honda dealership. I think both ANHC and Brio share the same HU (at least visually it looks the same) so the same thing might fit on the Brio as well.

Here is the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...fell-love.html

Last edited by joslicx : 20th April 2012 at 09:52.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 10:25   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Some people have gotten themselves Caska unit that replaces the OEM HU.
Thanks for the help, though the Honda City unit dose not fit the Brio. There is another unit which fit the Brio and the Jazz.

Coagent Electronic S&T Co., Ltd.|MAZDA series|TOYOTA series|HONDA series|CHEVROLET series|FORD series

Seems to have all the functions and more.

Now hope i can find the right shop in Thailand next week. Will keep you guys updated on the costing.

Can someone in the mean time check the pricing for the complete unit in India.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:15   #594
BHPian

Got my Brio SMT delivered on the first week of April after a long wait of 5 months!! Am loving the i-VTEC refinement. The car is a breeze to drive in traffic with its super light power steering. Space utilization is good, although could have done with a bigger boot. A big thanks to Anshuman and GTO for providing such a detailed review of the car which helped me decide on the Brio.

P.S. The Urban Titanium colour looks great on the Brio, something away from the conventional red and blue.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:43   #595

Just got my Honda Brio VMT last evening. This one's the 4th of 'regular' driven cars for me (after Fiat Padmini, Fiat Palio D & Honda City) -- and it's a gem to drive in the city (driven 40KM in less than 24 hours in peak Delhi Traffic).

Will be posting an initial ownership review soon.

Looking to upgrade speakers...any suggestions? Also are tyre upgrades and seat cover changes worth it?

cheers!
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:30   #596
Team-BHP Support

^^ Congratulations! Both of you! *thumbs up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomasila View Post

Looking to upgrade speakers...any suggestions?
You could go in for a good set of speakers and tweeters. 4 speakers and 2 tweeters will set you back by 10k-15k. There are several brands to choose from. I would personally buy JBL or Infinity speakers.

Stock speakers (in most cars) are never really that good anyway.

Quote:
Also are tyre upgrades and seat cover changes worth it?
If you have the money, then you should! It's worth the extra. The Brio is fun-to-drive, and larger wheels + wider tyres will only enhance the experience. A good and relatively safe up-size would be 195/55 tyres on 15" wheels.

You could get art-leather or real leather, depending on the size of your wallet. Or just stick to the fabric upholstery.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:17   #597

hi... thanks for your suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
^^ You could go in for a good set of speakers and tweeters. 4 speakers and 2 tweeters will set you back by 10k-15k. There are several brands to choose from. I would personally buy JBL or Infinity speakers.

Stock speakers (in most cars) are never really that good anyway.
I am also keen on JBL.

just wanted to check if these need to car specific or would generic ones work.

Also, 4 speakers would be 2 doors and 2 on the parcel shelf? Where do Tweeters go (sorry, have no idea about these so may be asking a stupid question here, but your help would be appreciated).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
^^ If you have the money, then you should! It's worth the extra. The Brio is fun-to-drive, and larger wheels + wider tyres will only enhance the experience. A good and relatively safe up-size would be 195/55 tyres on 15" wheels.
Money can be saved over next few months . But what exactly is the enhanced experience? is it better traction on potholes? How much is FE effected?
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:30   #598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
just wanted to check if these need to car specific or would generic ones work.

Also, 4 speakers would be 2 doors and 2 on the parcel shelf? Where do Tweeters go (sorry, have no idea about these so may be asking a stupid question here, but your help would be appreciated).
I'm not sure about ICE mate. You might want to browse through some ICE threads. Navin and DerAlte should help you with it.

What I do know, is the Brio's parcel-tray isn't made to accommodate the two speakers in the back. It's placed on the rear door-panels. The tweeters should generally be placed next to the A-Pillars of the car. Don't worry. No question is ever stupid.

Quote:
Money can be saved over next few months . But what exactly is the enhanced experience? is it better traction on potholes? How much is FE effected?
Well, the car will grip better and handle better. It will feel tighter and stick to curves. It will inspire more confidence on highway drives. The wider contact-patch will ensure that you get plenty of grip. The bigger wheel-rim and lower profile tyre will make cornering more fun.

On the flip-side, the lower-profile tyre would also mean that ride quality would be compromised. It wouldn't be as comfortable as the stock tyres. So you have to understand your needs. If you believe that larger wheels and tyres (that benefit handling) are more important and worth the 50k, then go for it by all means. If you're satisfied with the handling and would like the ride to remain, stick to the stock tyre-size, and upgrade to a better tyre.

The difference in FE will be marginal and negligible. You don't have to worry about it much.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 06:52   #599
BHPian

800 kms done. I love the cabin silence so much, that I seldom switch on the music player. I got the windscreen done with 3M sunfilm for 6K at Sachin's Workshop. Now the A/c is much better. Next I am waiting for the first service to get under chassis coating.
I am bit worried about the biege carpet. Any suggestions to protect it from stains?

Also I need recommendations for fabric seat covers in Bangalore. There are very few readymade ones in market now.
Old 24th April 2012, 09:01   #600
BHPian

Dear all,
I had mentioned in my earlier post here that I am going to get Brio smt option. Buy now I have dropped that idea. I am going to buy a different Honda.
Me and my wife realized that this new Honda was something that our hearts wanted. After a quick Math, we found that the price difference between Brio SMT Opt and the base variant of this Honda (we're planning to buy) is less than a lakh. and its a car which is a sedan without an extended boot. So that's the car we wanted to own for the next 5 years.

I am sure you would know which car I am talking about - Honda Jazz!

We have booked a black Jazz las night, expecting delivery sometime in June.

Still, Brio is an awesome car for the price, that's why we even considered it. Congrats to everyone here who owns one and is planning to buy one; it's a superb car!
harryskt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks