Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 17:01   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Breathe of some fresh air! I am liking this. Never been a fan of Tata vehicles for all the notorious issues we are all aware of.

But this one, seems to be much better than the previous generations and looks like a neat package! I am pleasantly surprised by the interior quality of the dashboard. Good job there.

Would have loved it more if they had tuned the suspension a bit more for pleasant city drive. Another probable added to the list of diesel hatchbacks!

One question though. How did you find the diesel clatter at higher RPMs? How is the cabin insulation and the NVH?

By the way, neat, crisp review. Thank you!
The NVH levels are futher lowered compared to the earlier version.
It also was quite stable at 140kmph. Was in the co- drivers seat looking for any kind of points to be noticed. Didn't find anything though.
The gear Shift has hardly any vibrations at speeds above 120 kmph.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

And I wonder, when you curse Maruti for minor changes, why even when a minor face-lifted car like Vista gets official review in Team-BHP, a completely revamped Swift has not yet reviewed officially in Team-BHP!
The reason Vista Refresh gets a place in the Team-BHP Official reviews is because the revamp process is much more than a minor change in its bits and pieces on the exterior. The Alto was launched with frosted front, rear lights, then a new one with crystal clear lights and then another one with new shaped lights. Then came the K10 which got its own place in the Official Reviews, because the change in it was important. The review (or my sentence about Maruti) is not intended to curse any manufacturer but should provide a yardstick as to how much manufacturers should put in to actually revamp a car. It is not only about changing the headlights, its about improving the shortcomings which were present in the previous version. Thats a real refresh, thats a real change. And Tata has worked upon this hard enough for us to notice it.

Last edited by Stratos : 15th September 2011 at 19:06.
Stratos is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 19:53   #33
BHPian

This brute's been booked by a well-known Senior BHPian
Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review-20110915-16.09.56.jpg
Old 15th September 2011, 20:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy, Vista looks great in yellow. Add black alloys, black seat covers and de-chrome a bit you have a best looking hatch!!
Old 15th September 2011, 20:23   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
The reason Vista Refresh gets a place in the Team-BHP Official reviews is because the revamp process is much more than a minor change in its bits and pieces on the exterior. The Alto was launched with frosted front, rear lights, then a new one with crystal clear lights and then another one with new shaped lights. Then came the K10 which got its own place in the Official Reviews, because the change in it was important. The review (or my sentence about Maruti) is not intended to curse any manufacturer but should provide a yardstick as to how much manufacturers should put in to actually revamp a car. It is not only about changing the headlights, its about improving the shortcomings which were present in the previous version. Thats a real refresh, thats a real change. And Tata has worked upon this hard enough for us to notice it.
Thanks for a detailed reply.

All is done, but IMO, the first thing Tata had to do was to change that ugly looking tail lights with a stylish one - an oval shaped light that comes into the tail gate will definitely make it look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Yellow looks good, but wish Vista had a black grill atleast for this yellow!
Old 15th September 2011, 21:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. Tata seems to be improving day by day; and the Indica looks really VFM. If only it weren't for the minor niggles; but nothing that cannot be lived without. Only 1 slight nitpick in the design. The front overhang and the bonnet looks huge, whereas at the rear there is hardly any space. The rear wheels start immediately where the bumper ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Who's the senior Bhp'ian and when can we expect the first hand review?
Old 16th September 2011, 11:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Who's the senior Bhp'ian and when can we expect the first hand review?
Whoever it is, I am eagerly waiting for his review. I have been using it for almost 2 years now and I have found it an absolute joy on highways (with respect to hatchback standards). And yes, as someone earlier said, it is decently stable at 140kmph speeds.

But the down side is bad cornering abilities and niggles like power window switch LEDs not working. From the review it has been understood that the suspension has been further tuned for comfort, which for me, is a real let down. I already know how bad it feels around corners. I am one of those guys who believes that the car would soon come with a harder suspension which improves handling and that it would be a direct fit for the current Vista.
Old 16th September 2011, 12:37   #38
BHPian

Excellent review Stratos!

I took a test drive of Vista VX refresh for my cousin. Just negotiating for some more discounts on top of the offered Rs. 18000/- for VX white.

Comparing to our 2 Vistas, both more than 2yrs old, there are lot of improvements in Vista refresh. Dual tone interior looks good and feels better. Thanks to the soft touch feel treatment done to part of dashboard. The quality of seat fabric is good. Doors close with a soft thud noise.

Reaching the horn pad need some extra effort for the thumb, as it landed couple of times on the steering mounted controls. NVH is very less compared to our old vistas. Hardly could I hear engine noise inside the cabin.

RPM reaches 3700+ effortless in second gear. But the turbo lag is evident in lower RPM.

The side chrome garnishes looks very good on White. Especially the one on the window sills.

Clutch pedal is light and almost like accelerator pedal. Even though the TD car wobbled at end and dropped its nose steeply during hard braking, braking had improved a lot. I could manoeuvre till the car stops while hard braking. Later on I found the TD car was slightly pulling to left, probably because of tyre pressure, could this be a reason for wobbling? Brakes were not at all adequate in older vistas and experienced many times both in city and highways.

As like older Vistas its a delight on highways.
Kudos to TATA for the Vista refresh!
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 16:51   #39
BHPian

Great review stratos.

We have a Gen - I Indica at home, and I was out in the market for my first ever car. Got an email from TM with the festive scheme( i believe,its also on their website).

Called up Tejaswi motors & have booked a test drive for the VX QJ model.
I hope this tata (3rd in our family) will be a good first car for me.

Last edited by adityasiera : 16th September 2011 at 16:56.
Old 16th September 2011, 17:32   #40
BHPian

Our Team BHP review is featured on Vista site
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review-vista.jpg  

sushantr5 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 19:04   #41
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks sushantR5. Infact I was checking the features of new vista in their site. After seeing the teambhp review posted in the vista reviews page, I clicked to this thread.

Neat Review Stratos. As said TATA has really worked hard to promote Vista, as a strong competitor in the highly crowded diesel hatch back category.

Reasonable pricing, Improved quality will attract more buyers. For sedate drivers, Vista is a gem to drive and enjoy.
Old 16th September 2011, 20:49   #42
BHPian

I own a Vista TDI for last 2 years and i repeat what SushantR5 has said. Its a good car indeed. I had only one issue with the Front power window jamming and the motor was replaced free of cost in half hour and a nice car wash done. I stay in pune and go to TASC in Hadapsar MIDC - Shri Nivas Motors and find their service quite satisfying. Even BU Bhandari service earlier was great. I dont know why many people have bad impressions about TATA service. I also had a good experience at TASC at Hindustan Naka Kandivali.No issues at all at most of the service centres.
Old 16th September 2011, 22:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Great review stratos.

We have a Gen - I Indica at home, and I was out in the market for my first ever car. Got an email from TM with the festive scheme( i believe,its also on their website).

Called up Tejaswi motors & have booked a test drive for the VX QJ model.
I hope this tata (3rd in our family) will be a good first car for me.
Hi adityasiera, whats the festive scheme. I am waiting for a festive offer from Tata motors here in Kolkata
Old 17th September 2011, 02:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Hi adityasiera, whats the festive scheme. I am waiting for a festive offer from Tata motors here in Kolkata
There you go..i have attached it to the post
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tata_Motors_Sep_Special.PDF (36.2 KB, 1788 views)
Old 17th September 2011, 12:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
There you go..i have attached it to the post
Sallubhai,
Pls get in touch with the Regional sales manager from Tata in your area. He might give you more accurate details. I feel this is only one of their festive schemes. I am sure there are more offers in the store for this festive season.
Wish you good luck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks