Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 17:26   #271
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review

Any idea where the OBD port is located, in Nissan Sunny?

A friend of mine just got the ELM 327 dongle, searching for the OBD port.
Told him to look below the steering, to the left or right. Also in the fuse box.
Still he cant find it. Can anyone post a photo of the location, please?

Last edited by Abes : 12th December 2013 at 17:36.
Old 13th December 2013, 14:03   #272
BHPian

He found the OBD port under the steering. The cover needs to be removed.
Attached Images

Abes is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 19:26   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan will showcase it's Sunny sedan's facelift at the 2014 Auto Expo next month, as per Overdrive. The existing Sunny sedan might be delegated and called the Sunny Active, which might have three petrol versions, with a diesel joining the ranks later on.

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-img2343942_x.jpg

There will be plenty of look-wise changes to the Sunny, including a new grille, new headlamps, redesigned front bumper and lots of "tastefully applied" chrome. The facelift is also expected to have new plastic and an additional glovebox.

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-img2343941_x.jpg

Nissan will also add a new XV Premium trim which will sport four airbags and a reverse camera. The Sunny is expected to remain unchanged in it's engine powertrain specs, and retain the same 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines.

SOURCE - http://overdrive.in/news/nissan-sunn...uto-expo-2014/

IMAGES - http://auto.sohu.com/20130725/n382535266.shtml
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 16:04   #274
BHPian

Hello BHPians -

Not sure if this is the right place to post but had a few questions regarding my 2012 Nissan Sunny XL Diesel.

The battery (Exide) went dead one day and I got it replaces from the dealer on a pro-rata basis. They said it's the fault with my Amplifier but I got it checked and with a reputed car audio shop and they said theres no issue.

After the repair;
1. My headlights went bad. The beams are focussed very low and theres' no difference between the high and low beams and the beam adjustment does not work.

2. The lights on the instument panel went dead which used to work when I switch on the park/head lights.

3. While driving the connector hose between the engine and turbo blew up and I lost engine power.

I'm having a nightmare with the car. Do any other sunny owners have the same issue?
Old 31st July 2014, 20:26   #275

Re: 2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look

I got the 2013 Nissan Sunny Diesel.
What I love: space, ride quality and economy.
What I don't like: Engineering sucks big time and so does the after sales service in most places.

Engineering:
1. Without USB, the radio sucks.
2. The digital fuel economy displayed is crap - not accurate at all.
3. In my car the two trip meters reset to zero when the engine is switched off.
4. DTE (Distance to empty) is way off the mark and therefore as good as useless.
5. After few minutes of driving the aircon blows hot air!
6. Engine sounds like a 12-ton truck and you can hear it load and clear despite the being windows up.
7. Press the accelerator hard and the car races but it also belches out thick black smoke.

Couple of months back my car developed an oil leak due to faulty "O" ring. The Nissan Authorized Service center took ONE Month and Ten Days to fix it because they did not have the part!!

Two other friends also have this same model. They took have the exact same peeves as well as the bad experiences at the service center.

A www check reveals similar complaints from various parts of the country.

In due course Nissan might improve customer satisfaction. But in my book they need to have everything in place before marketing the product.

Note from Moderator: Post moved to this thread as its related to pre-facelift Sunny. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st August 2014 at 13:20. Reason: See Note in the post. Thanks
valmiki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 19:30   #276
BHPian

Nissan Sunny Key troubles, anyone?

Hi,

I have owned a Nissan Sunny Petrol (XE) for a couple of years now. Recently both my keys broke one by one in the door lock through the normal usage of opening and closing the driver side door within a span of a month of usage (owing to central locking troubles). I am wondering if anyone else has had this trouble. Of course the Nissan service centre at Noida were very helpful and they towed the vehicle promptly and replaced the keys (5k, 3 days).

I did ask them for replacing under warranty as breaking of keys in a short span ideally should be a manufacturing defect which they promptly refused (and customer care directs me back to them whenever I send a mail so no help there).

Anyone noticed that the boot does not have a lock and can only be opened from the driver side lever- wonder if weak keys/sharp locks is the reason they chose to remove an additional key operation point?
Old 2nd February 2015, 16:47   #277
BHPian

Next generation NISSAN sunny to borrow design from Nissan Maxima :

Pictures of next generation NISSAN MAXIMA has been revealed .
As repeted by nissan management several times , next gen Nissan sunny to have a more sportier look .

Nissan maxima pictures attached . Nissan sunny to borrow design from the same .
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-2016nissanmaximafrontthreequarterssuperbowltvcommercial1024x432.jpg  

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-2016nissanmaximarearthreequarterssuperbowltvcommercial1024x559.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2015, 23:16   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
As repeted by nissan management several times , next gen Nissan sunny to have a more sportier look
Wow, I love this Maxima. But can you share the source of this information? When is it bound to hit our markets?
Old 3rd February 2015, 08:13   #279
BHPian

@Thoma-

source : Motorauthority,Carscoops,Motortrend,Boldride .

Next generation sunny is due for launch in India by 2016 / 17 .

Nissan Micra also due for next generation during the same time .

Sorry for back to back posts . Wanted to share some more pictures of maxima . Nissan sunny based on this will be absolutely stunning .Maxima to be showcased during Newyork motorshow 2015 .
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-2016nissanmaximafrontthreequarter1024x576.jpg  

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-2016nissanmaximarearthreequarter1024x471.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th February 2015 at 04:29. Reason: Merging posts
Old 12th September 2015, 19:04   #280
BHPian

Did anyone know this feature in the Sunny i.e the car is off but if I flash the high beam once, the headlight remains on for 30 seconds or so, kind of those follow me home headlight feature. I guess it might have been mentioned but I missed it.
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:11   #281
BHPian

Does anyone have any information on the new 2017 Sunny launch? A close family member is largely chauffeured around and is keen on the current one but is willing to wait if a completely new one is expected in 2017. Any inputs would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th November 2016, 11:34   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Does anyone have any information on the new 2017 Sunny launch? A close family member is largely chauffeured around and is keen on the current one but is willing to wait if a completely new one is expected in 2017. Any inputs would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
For India there is no news / scoop regarding next gen Sunny (in near future). 2017 launch must be for other markets only. IMO there is no point in waiting for the launch.

PS: Don't expect next gen Sunny before next gen Micra.
Micra was launched at least a couple of years before Sunny and it is due for a change.
Old 11th September 2019, 14:22   #283
BHPian

I am considering buying a 4-6 year old Sunny. My concern is about service. Can it be serviced at Renault service centers?
Old 11th September 2019, 14:38   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I am considering buying a 4-6 year old Sunny. My concern is about service. Can it be serviced at Renault service centers?
I have visited the Renault Baner workshop a few times recently and didn't see a single Nissan vehicle there. So I doubt if they do this. Won't be easy anyway from a business & inventory management perspective. Best would be to call them up and ask this question upfront. Why are you opting for that Sunny (other than the limo like space i.e.)? The car is now very old in the market & Nissan's future here is a big unknown. Coincidentally, a thread opened just today about whether the brand will stay in India. If I were you, I'd give up on the space for some peace of mind when putting big buck on a car - even a pre owned one.
Old 11th September 2019, 15:14   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Why are you opting for that Sunny (other than the limo like space i.e.)? The car is now very old in the market & Nissan's future here is a big unknown. Coincidentally, a thread opened just today about whether the brand will stay in India. If I were you, I'd give up on the space for some peace of mind when putting big buck on a car - even a pre owned one.
Reason for considering sunny is: I need a spacious automatic, on a budget. Used Honda City costs much more. Yes, it hasn't been updated in years, but since I am going for a used car anyway, that shouldn't matter.

I saw a listing for 2013 model with 60k odo, for 3.5 lakh. I won't pay more than 3 lakh. For that price, people are selling only small hatchbacks.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks