Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 09:27   #2956

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I think this is the main reason. Except for driver's seat height adjust and rear wash/wipe, the other features are not very critical. If you are satisfied with seat height of Vxi, you can go for it.

Good thing is, on the safety front you are covered - dual airbags and abs with ebd. So you can go for Vxi and save some money.
What about alloy wheels?
Old 20th January 2017, 12:33   #2957
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms255 View Post
What about alloy wheels?
Thats your call on vehicle aesthetics. It doesn't really change the performance or mileage as claimed by dealer. Dealer may be trying to sell his current stock than making a fresh order.

You get the same tyre in both vxi and zxi.

In case you want to upgrade to an alloy wheel (OEM or outside market) you can do that later vas well in VXi
Old 20th January 2017, 12:39   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkrish View Post
Need guidance on changing stock headlights for Ertiga SHVS VDI.

Which is the recommended Wattage 55/60 W H4/H8/H11 which can be used ?
Any brand - Osram/Philips etc ?
Is white lights recommended ?

@speedkrish, I got the Roots Relay and the Phillips Rally 100/90 bulbs installed. The visibility has improved a lot. Here are the specs:

PHILIPS RALLY 100/90 H4 HEADLAMP BULBS P43

ROOTS Headlamp Wiring Harness with Relay FOR H4 BULBS ONLY

Rgds
Suhas
Blr_RK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:40   #2959
BHPian

Re: Ertiga Vxi vs Zxi

Quote:
Extra features in Zxi are 4 alloy wheels, driver seat height adjustment, rear washer defogger, 2 tweeters, chrome bezel above fog lamp, all of this costs 68K rs more.

Now my question is, are those extra features really helpful ?
I owned a Swift VXI that I recently sold. I regretted the absence of rear defogger and washer whenever driving in the rain, specially when its dark. I think it is important from a safety perspective. ORVMs become significantly less useful in rain due to water on the windowpanes and on the mirror. In addition if your rear windscreen is also dripping and foggy, you won't be able to judge what is coming up from behind and how far it is.

Driver seat height adjustment may or may not be useful for you, depending on whether you are able to find a comfortable driving position in the VXI. Take a long test drive and see. If more than one person is going to drive the car, driver seat height adjustment may be a welcome option in case others have a different driving position than yours.

Alloys are mostly a cosmetic upgrade, as other users have mentioned. But, theoretically, they also improve mileage and handling since alloys are lighter than steel wheels and thus reduce the unpsrung weight. The difference might be minuscule on this front, though.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 16:50   #2960
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ertiga Vxi vs Zxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
I owned a Swift VXI that I recently sold. I regretted the absence of rear defogger and washer whenever driving in the rain, specially when its dark. I think it is important from a safety perspective. ORVMs become significantly less useful in rain due to water on the windowpanes and on the mirror. In addition if your rear windscreen is also dripping and foggy, you won't be able to judge what is coming up from behind and how far it is.
According to me this is the only valid reason to go for zxi. Other points are perspectives according to me. I too had this confusion between vxi vs zxi. Again the 70K extra amount was not offering me what I wanted most, the central arm rest, steering wheel cover, rear view camera. I went for these accessories at around 14K. Rear camera is must since this is a huge car and rear window does not show you if there is something very near to your car. e.g. a Bike parked just behind it. Central arm rest is very much needed for ergonomic reasons on long drives and steering grip is for grip.
Alloys look good and do have some benefits but not great as such. Seat height, may be required for some people, I agree.
Maruti should have provided atleast rear wiper to vxi and wiper+defogger for zxi, again my view.
But finally the extra 70K appeared bit high to me for all other non wanted features and I went for vxi.
Please go for zxi if it really meets your needs.
Old 20th January 2017, 23:32   #2961

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Thats your call on vehicle aesthetics. It doesn't really change the performance or mileage as claimed by dealer.
No you get normal steel wheel in Vxi and in Zxi they are company fitted alloy wheels

Last edited by ampere : 20th January 2017 at 23:38.
Old 21st January 2017, 13:58   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
No you get normal steel wheel in Vxi and in Zxi they are company fitted alloy wheels
If you have the budget, buy the ZXI+ instead of a ZXI.

When I got my ZDI+, it was INR 50k odd above the ZDI; which is not much compared to the additional features I got like - Rear camera, Smartplay (Full touchscreen system) etc.

In addition, I got a list of accessories fitted as well which I have listed in my earlier post.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 25th January 2017, 14:06   #2963

Thank you guys for the quick response. I finally went with Ertiga Zxi.

Very smooth delivery from dealer. I liked the seat height adjustment , as there are 3 people in our home who drive and of different heights. Overall I am happy with the car as of now.

Few pics:

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170121_182505.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170121_172712.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-side-view.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170121_182830.jpg

One query though, about carrier ?
Can you please suggest good carrier options, dealer was telling me that they have carriers that can be attached and removed whenever needed and that too by myself. I did not go into much details yet,as I wanted to discuss it here first.
sms255 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 20:01   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Many congrats on this purchase. Its a very good car.. and you will not regret it!

Last edited by vikramv4u : 25th January 2017 at 20:04.
vikramv4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 12:40   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
I finally went with Ertiga Zxi.
Congratulations, and wish you a pleasant ownership ahead. Granite Grey would have been my pick of colors in Ertiga as well.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 14:23   #2966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations !!!

Do you really need carrier? How many times do you expect the car to carry 5+2 people and a lot of luggage? I see a lot of Ertiga s with carrier, but very rarely see an Ertiga using a carrier to load luggage.

My suggestion is to hold the purchase until the time you really need it.

You have multiple options in the market including the dealer provided one.
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 10:18   #2967
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please suggest good carrier options, dealer was telling me that they have carriers that can be attached and removed whenever needed and that too by myself. I did not go into much details yet,as I wanted to discuss it here first.
First congratulations, Ertiga indeed is a sensible choice. Just get to know its limitations and you will enjoy the ownership.

Regarding carrier, i agree to what arjithin has explained above. However, if you still want to go for it, you can think of roufrails . They have developed carriers for many Indian car models including Ertiga and all of them have been aesthetically designed thus jells well with the car, unlike other after-markets ones. But then this comes with a cost
Old 28th January 2017, 20:29   #2968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
I am getting following figures on my Ertiga ZXI+

1. City with 100% AC (1 to 4 adults + 2 kids): 11 to 12 KMPL
2. Highway with 100% AC (4 adults + 2 kids + Luggage): 14 kmpl

I drive with a very lite foot
Hi, how good is the drive of Ertiga? Also if you can pin point exact difference between ZXI and ZXI+? My brother is on lookout for a vehicle which would be his daily drive. He is also looking at an Ertiga.
Old 28th January 2017, 20:55   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi, how good is the drive of Ertiga? Also if you can pin point exact difference between ZXI and ZXI+? My brother is on lookout for a vehicle which would be his daily drive. He is also looking at an Ertiga.
I am getting around 12-13 in city. But that's in Trivandrum Traffic which is very less compared to other cities.

On hills I get around 15 on a full load of 5 adults + 2 Kids + full luggage (the under boot storage box has been removed to take in more luggage)

On highways on speeds averaging 100, I get around 16.

I have never felt the engine performance wanting in my over one year of ownership. That includes fully loaded trips to Munnar and Ooty.

It's not as chuckable as say a Swift or Dzire, but way better than other 7 seaters. Driving position and feel is midway between Car and full fledged MPV.

If he is planning to use it as a daily drive, the dimensions are tough to manage. I use an Alto as my daily drive. The parking cameras and sensors help to some extend but finding a slot big enough is tough.

Differences I can think of between Zxi and Zxi+ are

Touch screen stereo
Reverse Camera
Request Sensors for door opening
Push Start button
Cubby hole on the right side of steering has been replaced by the start stop button on Zxi+

Last edited by Ramon : 28th January 2017 at 21:20.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 22:27   #2970

Ok, I made my first Ertiga trip from Pune ->Nashik -> Anjaneri -> Trimbakeshwar -> Vani -> Pune. Total around 700 odd kms for 2 days.

Very smooth engine performance, it was fully loaded with 7 people. Even 3rd row folks were comfortable, little effort is needed though while coming out from 3rd row, but that's fine.

Must say, driver seat is far far comfortable, I did not feel tired at all while driving ! I am already loving it.

Few pics from grapes farm taken near Anjaneri (birth place of God Hanumana)
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170126_175808_01.jpg[ATTACH][ATTACH]Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170127_121730.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

This one is on the way to Wani.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170127_110203.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170126_180508.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170126_180914.jpg  

sms255 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks