Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0374.jpg
snaseer is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 17:58   #2987
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Some pictures of the Exquisite Maroon version taken at the Yard
What's a Mustang doing at a Maruti dealership? Looks like the blokes were in a hurry to keep it under wraps. Probably, belongs to the dealer.
swiftdiesel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 15:03   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ertiga Facelift ( code YHA ) due in 2018/19
Looks like design clues were taken from the upcoming all New Swift.
Wonder whats stopping Suzuki from launching a much bigger version of Ertiga may be an Ertiga-Grand
Old 21st February 2017, 15:14   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Car looks great and the new colour is extra glossy. But so far I have not been able to confirm whether an automatic version is available in black interiors. I have been waiting for this all black interiors for a year, but so far there is no communication on the automatic version. I asked a number of delearships, their helpline and twitter.

Does anyone here have a contact in Maruti who can confirm or deny the possibility of a limited edition automatic ertiga VXI?
Old 21st February 2017, 15:51   #2990
BHPian

Does the limited edition have (1) Driver seat height adjustable (2) second row 12V socket ?
Old 21st February 2017, 16:09   #2991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Does the limited edition have (1) Driver seat height adjustable (2) second row 12V socket ?
1. No.
2. Yes. All vxi vdi have 2nd row 12v socket.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 17:11   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone here have a contact in Maruti who can confirm or deny the possibility of a limited edition automatic ertiga VXI?

No automatic available in the limited edition.

Last edited by snaseer : 21st February 2017 at 17:21. Reason: To quote previous query
snaseer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 18:07   #2993
Senior - BHPian

I drove to and fro Mantralaya from Bangalore (total around 900KMs) in Ertiga. Interestingly during very initial days say second and third month the MID was showing 18.6KMPL average on same trip with AC on and 3 people on board. This time during 5th and 6th Month of ownership with 5 people on board and rest identical conditions MID is showing 16.7KMPL average.

My question here is that does the increased people count matter so much on fuel efficiency? I believe Ertiga has a quite powerful engine. Did anybody see similar conditions?

Then in case of full load of 7 people it might drop to 12-13KMPL on highways. Is that so?

I have petrol Ertiga Vxi 2016 model bought in November. I had this doubt from day 1 of ownership.
Old 21st February 2017, 18:44   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
My question here is that does the increased people count matter so much on fuel efficiency? I believe Ertiga has a quite powerful engine. Did anybody see similar conditions?
Increase in payload definitely affects fuel efficiency but not by that much margin. Did you reset the Efficiency prior to the trip in order to get the accurate figures ?
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 19:40   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I drove to and fro Mantralaya from Bangalore (total around 900KMs) in Ertiga. Interestingly during very initial days say second and third month the MID was showing 18.6KMPL average on same trip with AC on and 3 people on board. This time during 5th and 6th Month of ownership with 5 people on board and rest identical conditions MID is showing 16.7KMPL average.

Then in case of full load of 7 people it might drop to 12-13KMPL on highways. Is that so?

I have petrol Ertiga Vxi 2016 model bought in November. I had this doubt from day 1 of ownership.
Fuel Efficiency (FE) varies with a LOT of parameters, to say some
1. Load (including number of passengers, AC and vehicle speed)
2. Tire pressure
3. Outside temperature
4. Fuel quality
5. Traffic
6. Driving style (aggressive or related). Petrol engines are in general less tolerant of aggressive driving when it comes to FE (even if its for a lower period of time)

Its next to impossible to get same conditions in two trips unless you are in a closed circuit doing testing.

16.7 kmpl is a respectable number for Petrol Ertiga and 18.6 is a good number to have (again in a general sense). You can extract 20 kmpl if you are very careful and get 12 kmpl if you are very aggressive and got high load.

My suggestion to you is not to worry much about Fuel Efficiency for every trip; I see you have posted many questions on FE, calculation method, MID etc in this thread.

Drive safe and Enjoy your Ertiga!
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 22:29   #2996
BANNED

Rajiv what are you expecting from a NA 7 seater? My Swift never gave me more than 13.5. Power and efficiency don't go hand in hand ,they usually are polar opposites. If you were that bothered about fuel efficiency, should have gone with the VDi. Ertiga has the least differential in terms of pricing between similar specced variants VXi and VDi amongst all cars sold in India.
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:33   #2997
BHPian

Quote:

Considering the fact that the claimed FE of Ertiga petrol engine is 17.50 KM/L, the FE that you got is very good (16.7) & almost a miracle (18.6). Time to rejoice

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga-fe.jpg
ankan.m.blr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 08:28   #2998
Team-BHP Support

Maruti-Suzuki launches the Limited Edition Ertiga.

You get:

- Plush interiors
- Wooden Interior Styling Kit
- Premium Seat Covers
- Glistening Accent Finish
- Stylish Alloy Wheels
- Chrome Fog Lamp Bezel
- White Ambient Light
- Chrome Body Side Moulding (charges extra!)
- Front Seat Armrest
- Dual Tone Steering Cover
- Cushion Pillows
- Limited Edition Decal

Quote:
This Limited Edition Ertiga will be available only in the VXi and VDi variants in three colours Exquisite Maroon (new), Silky Silver and Superior White. Ertiga Limited Edition is available in the price range of Rs 7.85 lakh to Rs 8.10 lakh ex-showroom, New Delhi.
http://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/...ry/246713.html

Bravo, Maruti. Bravo.

So, here's what is needed for a Maruti-Suzuki Limited/Platinum/Celebration Edition:

- a bunch of stickers
- Dictionary to search for synonyms
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 13:50   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Increase in payload definitely affects fuel efficiency but not by that much margin. Did you reset the Efficiency prior to the trip in order to get the accurate figures ?
I do not remember resetting the reading. But still feel 900KM is quite a huge sample to near the accurate reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
16.7 kmpl is a respectable number for Petrol Ertiga and 18.6 is a good number to have (again in a general sense). You can extract 20 kmpl if you are very careful and get 12 kmpl if you are very aggressive and got high load.
I have a very light foot and never seen RPM exceeding 3000 on highways. Also more interested in knowing if other petrol ertiga owners are also seeing similar data. During both these trips all conditions except for people count were same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Rajiv what are you expecting from a NA 7 seater? My Swift never gave me more than 13.5. Power and efficiency don't go hand in hand ,they usually are polar opposites. If you were that bothered about fuel efficiency, should have gone with the VDi. Ertiga has the least differential in terms of pricing between similar specced variants VXi and VDi amongst all cars sold in India.
Diesel, no way Just curious on how petrol ertigas do overall since mostly there are diesel ertigas around. If my average numbers are correct they are hard to believe based on your data on Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Considering the fact that the claimed FE of Ertiga petrol engine is 17.50 KM/L, the FE that you got is very good (16.7) & almost a miracle (18.6). Time to rejoice
Yes, wanted to know if this is correct or not. If yes then time to rejoice indeed
Old 22nd February 2017, 16:15   #3000
Senior - BHPian

VXI Regular: 9.07L
VXI ltd : 9.27L+20k accessories
VDI Regular: 10.32L
VDI ltd: 10.45L+20k accessories

All prices on road pune
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks