Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2024, 17:25   #6286

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Recently my Renault Duster petrol CVT. 2018 stopped during a highway ride just in front of a toll plaza. I contacted Renault customer care and since my vehicle is under extended warranty they confirmed me RSA is free and a guy will come within 2 hours. It seems TVS is handling RSA for renault. The indicators mentioned it was an engine issue but no body came even after repeated calls, finally i got a local mechanic who came and fixed it and found it was just dead battery. I also RSA which comes with my credit card and they at least were honest and told its difficult to get the guy and paid for the local mechanic cost but no body bothered from Renault side... Very disappointed
whattekarvad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 11:44   #6287
BHPian

Dear all,
Need a quick advice. All 4 tyres in my Duster has developed minor cracks on the top. The service technician from the near by Tyre shop advised that it is due to rubber getting hard and better to replace all of them immediately. The tyres are 6 yr old Michelin LTX force with 35k on odo. I do not feel any difference in the way the car drives Or handles.

Pls suggest if I should go for an immediate replacement or wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20240317_174559.jpg  

Last edited by DieselLover : 25th March 2024 at 11:53. Reason: Spelling
Old 31st March 2024, 08:41   #6288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
If the tires are not loosing grip and skidding it should be ok to use. For City use these tyres are good.
I wouldn't risk it on expressway at continuous higher speeds.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 08:57   #6289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Dear all,
Need a quick advice. All 4 tyres in my Duster has developed minor cracks on the top. The service technician from the near by Tyre shop advised that it is due to rubber getting hard and better to replace all of them immediately. The tyres are 6 yr old Michelin LTX force with 35k on odo. I do not feel any difference in the way the car drives Or handles.

Tyre beyond 6 years should not be used even its treads appear good or intact. Especially on highways it may invite disastrous consequences.

Last edited by Fastdriver : 31st March 2024 at 09:01.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks