Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2021, 08:53   #6151

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

The 4Y/60K service for the K9K diesel is an expensive affair specially for the 2015 onwards models where both the Timing Belt and Accessory Belt kit needs to be replaced along with the change of Brake/Clutch Oil, Coolant and Fuel Filter in addition to the regular service items. So while I was discussing the service history and upcoming service costs of a 110PS Lodgy that I am considering for purchase, the Service Manager of Renault shared me the brochure for Easy Care AMC plans that I could consider.

However, when I checked Renault's website I didn't find these plans. It only lists Easy Care plans for less than 1 year old cars. When I cross checked with the SM, he mentioned that it wasn't advertised much by the dealers so Renault has taken them down from the official website but they're still available to purchase (maybe because it was causing loss to the dealers used to fleecing customers? ).

Attaching the Easy Care AMC plans along with the service/part change schedule followed in the plans for the benefit of other bhpians. After going through them I feel it makes most sense to buy the 3Y/30K plan if your car is less than 4 year old and odo is less than 60k. For the 2015+ 110PS model it will cover the 4Y/60K, 5Y/70K & 6Y/80K services for Rs 35k (for A+ cities, it will be slightly lesser for A, B & C categories) when the 4Y/60K service alone costs more than Rs 30k. Also consider buying if you're approaching the 8Y Service (odo less than 80k) for the same reason. The plans also include VAS like battery/bearing greasing, multi purpose spray, alignment & balancing.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20210518_074657.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Renault EasyCare (A+ Cities).pdf (855.4 KB, 343 views)
Sam.91 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 09:58   #6152
sbm
BHPian

Hey guys.. need a help from your all. I am considering a used Duster 4*2 85ps RXS model from 2017. The car seems to be in fine condition and is under 5yr warranty with only one paint repair job. The only issue I found was the clutch, it was very hard. The owner said it's like that from the beginning. I mainly drive a petrol Baleno but I have driven Dzire diesel and Creta too and the clutch on these cars is not as hard ads the Duster. Is the clutch really like this or am I looking at some problem here?

Last edited by sbm : 20th June 2021 at 10:00.
Old 21st June 2021, 15:15   #6153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hey guys.. need a help from your all. I am considering a used Duster 4*2 85ps RXS model from 2017. The car seems to be in fine condition and is under 5yr warranty with only one paint repair job. The only issue I found was the clutch, it was very hard. The owner said it's like that from the beginning. I mainly drive a petrol Baleno but I have driven Dzire diesel and Creta too and the clutch on these cars is not as hard ads the Duster. Is the clutch really like this or am I looking at some problem here?
I don't find the clutch of my Duster (2013 85PS model) hard. In fact it is one of the lightest diesel clutch that I have driven. It is lighter than my other car, a Ford Ecosport Diesel. I have driven my FILs Petrol Baleno and the clutch is super light, but when comparing, Duster's clutch will feel hard but not by a huge extent. I would suggest you to get the clutch checked by a mechanic you trust before the purchase.
Route66 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 15:53   #6154
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
I don't find the clutch of my Duster (2013 85PS model) hard. In fact it is one of the lightest diesel clutch that I have driven. It is lighter than my other car, a Ford Ecosport Diesel. I have driven my FILs Petrol Baleno and the clutch is super light, but when comparing, Duster's clutch will feel hard but not by a huge extent. I would suggest you to get the clutch checked by a mechanic you trust before the purchase.
Thanks @route66. Will surely get it checked from authorised service centre before proceeding. Can you compare the hardness of duster's clutch with that of diesel engines of Dzire, Creta or S cross? As I have driven these cars, so it would be easier to draw a comparison for me.

Last edited by sbm : 21st June 2021 at 15:54. Reason: Addition
Old 21st June 2021, 21:05   #6155
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @route66. Will surely get it checked from authorised service centre before proceeding. Can you compare the hardness of duster's clutch with that of diesel engines of Dzire, Creta or S cross? As I have driven these cars, so it would be easier to draw a comparison for me.
I don't remember driving a Diesel Dzire or Creta in last 5 years, so will not be able to provide any comparison. I have driven the 1.3 Diesel S-Cross multiple times in city over past couple of years and I think the hardness (or softness) is almost similar. Didn't notice any discomfort or extra pressure needed to operate the clutch.

What is the ODO reading on this Duster?
Route66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 22:57   #6156
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
I don't remember driving a Diesel Dzire or Creta in last 5 years,
What is the ODO reading on this Duster?
Its around 45000kms in 3yrs. The car is still under extended warranty for another year. Any major maintenance that I should be expecting? By the way, the asking price is around 7lac. Do you think it's ok?
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 01:01   #6157
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its around 45000kms in 3yrs. The car is still under extended warranty for another year. Any major maintenance that I should be expecting? By the way, the asking price is around 7lac. Do you think it's ok?
Possible maintenance items:
-Set of tyres (INR 36,000/- for the set of 4)
-Brake Pads and Discs (INR 11,000/- for the set)
-Front suspension Bushes and washers (INR 2,500/- + 800/- for each side)
-Timing and Accessory Belt change at 60K (INR 6,000/- and 5,000/-, just check and confirm the 60K interval for 85PS again)
-Link rod for front anti-roll bar (INR 1,300/- per side, if they are shot)
-Coolant change @ 60K
-Mandatory warranty extension (by 1 year at least)
Possible failure points on 85 PS models:
-High/Low Beam control stalk
-AC air flow direction control knob (in manual AC models)
-Gear knob (if regularly parked in sun)
You could have a very sorted car for 7 Lac all inclusive. The above items could be the only points for negotiation. Saying this only because your state has 4% road tax. The price would be justifiable in any other state.

Just a note of caution: The RxS does not have in-built navigation in the head unit. It might have Android Auto and Car Play.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:00   #6158
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I took a test drive of the RXZ, 1.5, NA petrol. The clutch did not feel hard at all, it felt even lighter than my workhorse, i10 Sportz. In the past I also drove the diesel AWD model, clutch did not feel hard, though it may not be amongst the lightest.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 09:33   #6159
BHPian

Quote:
...a used Duster 4*2 85ps RXS model from 2017. .. The only issue I found was the clutch, it was very hard.
Hard clutch for 85 ps sounds strange to me. The heavy clutch phenomenon is characteristic of 110 ps. I would suggest you visit a local Duster dealer and take a 85 ps for a test drive.
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:05   #6160
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Hard clutch for 85 ps sounds strange to me. The heavy clutch phenomenon is characteristic of 110 ps. I would suggest you visit a local Duster dealer and take a 85 ps for a test drive.
This particular duster might have issue with the clutch. As I have mentioned, I drive Baleno petrol so I'm used to a super light clutch but I also drive a Dzire diesel when I visit my hometown. It's clutch feels hard but I don't get any leg pain from it. When I took a test drive of this Duster, I could feel a dull pain in my leg. I will get it checked from Renault service centre before proceeding.
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:40   #6161
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I took a test drive of this Duster, I could feel a dull pain in my leg. I will get it checked from Renault service centre before proceeding.
Since the car is over 3 years old, you need to get the brake-cum-clutch fluid replaced. It is hygroscopic in nature, and would lose its properties over the years. The reservoir is common and feeds both the brake and clutch circuits.

Get this done first, before opening other things up.
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:12   #6162
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Possible maintenance items:
-Brake Pads and Discs (INR 11,000/- for the set)
-Timing and Accessory Belt change at 60K (INR 6,000/- and 5,000/-, just check and confirm the 60K interval for 85PS again)
Possible failure points on 85 PS models:
-AC air flow direction control knob (in manual AC models)
You could have a very sorted car for 7 Lac all inclusive.
Tgo has provided an extensive list of upcoming expenses. For the newer model year Dusters, 60K service has become a major expense and should be considered while negotiating. 7 Lac is a bit on higher side considering upcoming expenses and the fact that Duster does not command very good resale value.
Route66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:37   #6163
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Tgo has provided an extensive list of upcoming expenses. For the newer model year Dusters, 60K service has become a major expense and should be considered while negotiating. 7 Lac is a bit on higher side considering upcoming expenses and the fact that Duster does not command very good resale value.
Yeah.. I also think 7lac is too high a asking price and the cherry on the top is that, the insurance of the car is going to expire in a few days so I'll have to get it renewed too. I guess 6 lac is a reasonable good price for this one.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 12:40   #6164
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review

Guys where do we have the engine no. embossed in Duster? I could easily locate the chassis number but struggling to find the engine no., especially if someone could share details for Duster diesel 85ps model.
Old 20th July 2021, 00:07   #6165
BHPian

Anyone done engine remap for 85ps Duster. I read in the forum that in 85 ps engine, the gear box has constraints not able to handle more than 200 nm.I was thinking of doing a remap but holding back because of this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks