Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 11:28   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
For any brand positive-negative ratio will be 20-80, That is the human nature, especially with indian culture. The only people who write reviews are the ones who had bad experience.
I could not get your point. I see lot of people writing long term as well as initial ownership reviews of vehicles like fortuner, Liva, i20 etc., where they haven't had negative experience. I see a lot of Tata initial ownership reviews where owners are happy with their purchase.
Old 20th February 2013, 12:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Even if we take these threads as proofs for the lack of improvements in the recent vehicles, you can very well see that the Manza problems thread has run into only seven pages. I am not sure how many of those posts narrate the actual problems/issues faced by the owners. For ex. most of the posts on the first page itself are by non owners wanting to know the problems faced by the owners

Also, I don't see such threads for many other vehicles on the forum. I am sure they would run into multiple pages if existed

This doesn't mean to say all new Tata vehicles come with zero niggles. Perhaps, they still have some way to go to reach a total acceptance on that parameter and it is apparent that they are trying. But off late, each and every Tata vehicle related thread turns into a Tata bashing thread. We forget to discuss the vehicle and get into all and the sundry that is wrong with Tata Motors per se.

Last edited by safari_lover : 20th February 2013 at 12:18.
Old 20th February 2013, 12:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I could not get your point. I see lot of people writing long term as well as initial ownership reviews of vehicles like fortuner, Liva, i20 etc., where they haven't had negative experience. I see a lot of Tata initial ownership reviews where owners are happy with their purchase.
I agree, those are exceptions that fall into the 20% category. Majority of people will write only if they have complaints, not compliments. Take a look at any review threads, you will see more people with complaints.
Old 20th February 2013, 13:23   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : Please discuss only the Vista D90 on this thread. There are other threads that discuss Tata's after-sales etc. Thanks
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 06:05   #80
BHPian

The recent edition of Autocar had a shootout between three 90ps engined diesel hatches: Vista D90, fluidic i20 crdi and Punto 90hp .

Not surprisingly i20 was the winner of the comparo thanks to the features, luxury and effortless engine it has to provide.

Vista was the close second and it infact bettered i20 on grounds like balanced dynamics, value and comfort. Lack of outright quality, unpremium image and ageing styling made it lose the test.

Punto had only class leading styling,dynamics and strong build going for it. Interiors, engine and ergonomics let the car down.

Now talking about the engines , crdi was clearly the superior engine with highlevel of refinement, strongest performance and least turbo lag.

Now the numbers :

In secs : 0-60, 0-100, 0-140, 20-80 (third gear), 40-100 (fourth gear) :

Vista: 5.65, 13.90, 30.58, 12.56, 16.04
i20: 5.15, 12.88, 29.43, 12.43, 16.17
Punto: 6.01, 15.88, 42.46, 12.40,

i20 is clearly the quickest here with respectable ingear numbers as well.

Vista90 is significantly quicker than 75 version and Punto90.

Punto90 seems like a paper tiger with mediocre numbers. ingear acceleration and topspeed are respectable though.

For reference :
Swift DDiS : 5.30, 13.65, 30.20, 12.63, 13.91
dZire DDiS : 5.18, 13.40, -, 11.80, 13.71
Sail UV-A tcdi : 6.12, 15.25, -, 11.82, 14.72
Punto 75 : 6.79, 17.84, -, 12.57, 15.22
Linea (euro 3) : 6.21, 15.22, -, 14.04, 18.67
Vista 75 : 6.36, 16.36, -, 11.79, 14.87

Swift/dZire remain the quickest multijets and only behind i20 in overall terms. ingear numbers are quite good as well. dZire in particular has the best numbers among all.

Sail UV-A and Vista 75 are real world performers with great ingear acceleration numbers which is infact better than 90ps competitors.

Punto75 makes Punto90 numbers look fast

Linea is the fastest Multijet in terms of topspeed !!

Topspeed (kmph):
Vista D90 : 159
i20 crdi : 165
Punto 90HP : 171
Swift : 165
dZire : 168
Sail UV-A : 165
Punto 75 : 153
Linea : 181
Vista 75 : 151

All numbers are from Autocar India

Last edited by Turbokick : 2nd March 2013 at 06:09.
Turbokick is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:24   #81
BHPian

It's interesting that the suspension has been stiffened up. Hopefully, this will improve the handling. This was a sore point with the Vista 90 Petrol, and it's good to know that Tata is listening.

It really looks like Tata is offering a true driver centric variant this time around, with stiffer suspension, alloy wheels, smoother power delivery etc. This is a big step forward not just for Tata, but for the entire Indian car market. Typically, sportier variants have been limited to addition of horrible stickering, garish colours in and out, and alloy wheels with the same high profile. Now we're seeing more powerful engines, lower profile tyres and for what I think is the first time on the D90, sportier suspension.

Personally, the reduced top speed does not bother me as long as the acceleration is good and linear.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2013 at 08:54. Reason: Editing unwanted content.
Old 6th March 2013, 22:25   #82
BHPian

Top speed is pointless on average roads, ingear acceleration is more important. For it
's price Vista D90 is a good deal, however with latest price cut, Manza with D90 engine starts from Rs 5.99 lacs. I don't know if there is any price cut for D90 too.

For Vista D 90 and D75 Tata has started a gold care plan with total maintenance costs at 33 paise per km. (Rs 6600 for 2 years /20000 kms and Rs 9900 for 3 years and 30000 kms, all inclusive). I think that is Karl slym taking the GM spark service idea in to Tata motors. Gives you peace of mind from any servicing, consumable and breakdown costs for a fixed cost.
rock75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 00:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

Tata introduced Concept S at Geneva Autoshow

Quote:
The Tata Concept S is a power-packed combination of a powerful engine, superior acceleration, an edgy exterior design, sporty interiors and appealing colours. It is based on the Tata Indica Vista platform. A 1.3 Litre SDE engine on the Concept S puts out a power of 70 kW @ 4000 rpm and a healthy 200 Nm of torque at 1500 rpm. The quick & precise steering rack, the retuned and beefed up suspension and 205/40 R17 tyres make it an excellent handler.
Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-carmastheads.jpg
Is this a show only model? Why cannot they upgrade the existing model in India to this in the future?
Old 7th March 2013, 14:28   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

On the other hand, Indica is NEVER an aspirational brand. And the majority of Indian car buyers stick to a car for atleast 5 years, it's a status symbol / matter of pride to them! They would NOT want someone to tell them "Did you buy a TATA / Indica? ".

But, seriously I like the indica, used to hate it (pure hearsay). And the biggest advantage is you don't get noticed! because of the "someone might say"did you get a TATA /Indica?"

Don't matter to me or a lot of my friends, we all respect each and every car for what it is and some cars tend to grow on you.

What next? 'someone' would want people to be some super hero.. undies over pants sorts.. ?
Old 10th March 2013, 00:36   #85
BHPian

Honestly,

Does anyone here buy a 6 to 8 lac rupee car based on Top Speed?

Why does Tata always tease with concepts?

I think the price cuts are a step in the right direction.

People don't want a Tata @ 9 lacs.
But at 8.3 lacs - that makes a VERY compelling choice.

Tata must either upgrade quality to compete or continue to maintain lower prices and compete in the categories it used to be No. 2 in.
The PEOPLE's carrier.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2013 at 09:20. Reason: We do not permit dangerous driving discussions on the forum.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 23:36   #86
BHPian

Vista D90 is already at a discount of Rs 30,000 as per a local paper advertisement! Such is the market that even big discounts are not seeing car sales go up north.
rock75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 08:31   #87

As shown in the picture, I dont think that TATA cars all that bad. I have owned 4 tata cars till date. My indica DLS has clocked 2,40,000kms and till date the engine runs like cream and it has not been overhauled.
You could also look at some Indicabs for example which have clocked excess kms and still the engine performs great.
If the failures were mostly in Tata cars, then today we wouldnt be having the Indicabs, Indigo e-CS ruling the taxi segment.
nkracing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 18:14   #88
BHPian

I have owned a petrol Indica for 8 years, and a couple of folks I know have bought the older version on my recommendation as well. they came with Puegoet engines which were peppy given the size and they carried around. Space and drivability wise these are good packages.
I tried the Vista and for the price it is a pretty decent package...not withstanding the earlier fit n finish issues. Vista and Manza are victims of a impression which people carry for Tata cars. Indica taxis obviously have had a role to play. Tata A$$ also are/were as good or bad as other ones. Nothing impressive, but then the way I see it is the price which you have paid for the vehicle and have expectations accordingly( IMHO)

amitdan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 18:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
they came with Puegoet engines which were peppy given the size and they carried around..
Indica engine could be considered Peugeot-inspired but it wasn't a Peugeot engine. It was developed by LE MOTEUR MODERNE which was later taken over by AVL.
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 16:54   #90
Senior - BHPian

Reviews need to be unbiased period. If a reviewer has a problem with the brand or the maker, he/she should refrain from reviewing a new product in the first place. Yes if during review he/she find points to criticize, please highlight the same. Some how most reviews turn into Tata bashing threads. If we cast an unbiased view around, there are plenty of Tata users who are happy with the cars, the service, the experience and have not faced the niggles as faced by a few.
Example: During the Storme review the reviewer got a close up view on how the front seat chassis was exposed, but similar setup in a Xylo, Scorpio and XUV are not commented?
apachelongbow is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks