Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:12   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review

one of my friends is confused whether to go for d90 or the normal vista vx..
Is d90 worth the extra 30k which is charged ?
from what i've seen from the brouchre/etc. the only differences are
1. centre instrument panel changed to driver aligned
2. Engine tuned to produced 90bhp

Considering only the VX trims here (not talking of the highest end, which has nav options/etc.)

Has any things made better in the d90 in other areas, which makes it a better choice ?
Old 15th May 2013, 14:04   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
one of my friends is confused whether to go for d90 or the normal vista vx..
Is d90 worth the extra 30k which is charged ?
from what i've seen from the brouchre/etc. the only differences are
1. centre instrument panel changed to driver aligned
2. Engine tuned to produced 90bhp

Considering only the VX trims here (not talking of the highest end, which has nav options/etc.)

Has any things made better in the d90 in other areas, which makes it a better choice ?

Check this link: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/whe...75_870968.html

This may be helpful in deciding based on what your friend is looking for from the vehicle.
Mahendraps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 12:23   #108
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Vista D90 does really look good in actual presence.

I saw one at the Concorde Prabhadevi Mumbai Showroom yesterday. It had this skirting, spoiler and sporty front and rear bumpers, so I asked the guys out there if this was an additional kit that one needs to pay extra for. They informed that it is a part of the deal and since the D90 is positioned as a sporty hatch it comes by default.

To sum it the add on exterior trim on the Vista really looks good. It looks good in the metallic read colour and the premium is worth it besides the dash instruments are on the right side and there is a large touchscreen infotainment system.

Wish it has about 100 Bhp like the Polo TSI though.

Oddly the brochure mentions 15.5 sec as 0-100 times while Autocar mentions it to be 13.9. - Wonder why the manufacturer is going conservative on the timing, normally the magazine times would be worse than the claims of he manufacturer.

But in my view 13.9 is nor really good enough the Aria 4X2 does a slightly better time with 80% higher wt to carry and about 50% greater power but a poorer power to weight ratio and a lot bigger shape for higher wind resistance.

The D90 is a really good vehicle to get and it will please those looking for value similar to how one looks for it in an XUV500 but in the hatch segment with all the bells and whistles.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 14:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Vista D90 does really look good in actual presence.

I saw one at the Concorde Prabhadevi Mumbai Showroom yesterday. It had this skirting, spoiler and sporty front and rear bumpers, so I asked the guys out there if this was an additional kit that one needs to pay extra for. They informed that it is a part of the deal and since the D90 is positioned as a sporty hatch it comes by default.

To sum it the add on exterior trim on the Vista really looks good. It looks good in the metallic read colour and the premium is worth it besides the dash instruments are on the right side and there is a large touchscreen infotainment system.

Wish it has about 100 Bhp like the Polo TSI though.

The D90 is a really good vehicle to get and it will please those looking for value similar to how one looks for it in an XUV500 but in the hatch segment with all the bells and whistles.
2 months ago I was told it'll cost 40k extra for the sporty kit. Must say it looks quite aggressive. Definitely bang for the buck if its included in the ZX+ variant.

When I test drove the car, the salesguy was quite an auto enthu and fond of team-bhp. He even mentioned Vista's power could be bumped up to 105bhp with a ECU remap, but the mileage would drop to 15kmpl after the remap (not a very high price to pay for a true driving enthusiast, I'd say. )

A rather decent addition was another power outlet for the rear passenger.
Old 5th July 2013, 13:12   #110
BHPian

Would it be possible to fit the suspension struts of the D90 (front and back) to the old 75PS Vista? I want to swap the OEM suspension on my 2009 Vista Quadrajet that has run for 60k kms.
Old 31st July 2013, 18:00   #111
Senior - BHPian

I was in Concorde Pune today, and I must admit to a new respect for the top of the line Indica. Fit and finish are now at acceptable levels, although I can't comment on how durable the interiors are over the long haul. Acres of space inside - the reason for this of course that this isn't a small car by any means, so one pays for this space on the "in city ease of use" factor.

I am pretty sure that the stiff ride can be improved by reducing tyre pressures for city use.

Till now, I was willing to put down my money on a Tata car only up to the Nano - which is what I was doing in Concorde. But if I was in the market for a car with the attributes of this Indica, it would be a very serious option.

Finally - till now my wife would not be seen dead in an Indica. She sat in this one, and had a big smile on her face!

Last edited by Sawyer : 31st July 2013 at 18:10.
Old 1st August 2013, 18:08   #112
BHPian

Somehow I do not see any ownership thread on Team BHP for Vista D90. Does it mean that its not a good vehicle? I am planning to go for it but no ownership report from community makes it a dicey choice.
Old 1st August 2013, 18:11   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Somehow I do not see any ownership thread on Team BHP for Vista D90. Does it mean that its not a good vehicle? I am planning to go for it but no ownership report from community makes it a dicey choice.
Ownership report or not - going for a Tata is always a dicey choice

I think the official report should have enough info. Other than that short and long term feedback on the regular Vista should be a guiding point for the D90 as well. What kind of offers are dealers giving for this variant ?
Old 1st August 2013, 18:45   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Probably a good idea to get it through Concorde Motors. They are partially Tata owned, and the recent service quality improvement programs are being piloted through them. Go there for the test drive and assess for yourself how things are on the ground. The new car is finally a finished product - and if it suits your needs, may well be a good buy.

This isn't based on any personal experience, I have to add that caution, my 2013 Nano will come next week, my first Tata car.
Old 1st August 2013, 18:50   #115
BHPian

Thanks Sawyer, I had Indica DLS for 8 years previously and I am confortable with level of service provided by TATA
Old 15th September 2013, 16:32   #116

Hello TBHPians, I recently had a TD of the ZX+ D90 as part of my effort to shortlist a car for myself. Must say, I am quite impressed with the improvement and yes the features provided in the fully loaded version. Tata could add reverse parking sensors as part of the standard accessories and I was told by the dealer that the body kit is an optional accessory for which I have to pay extra unlike mentioned in one of the replies above.

One more thing on which I need some help is as part of discounts, the dealer mentioned that I can give him a copy of the RC book of my dad's car and he should be able to give me about 14K additional discount. Can someone tell me what is the trick being played here?
Old 16th September 2013, 16:42   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepzkonnected View Post
Hello TBHPians, I recently had a TD of the ZX+ D90 as part of my effort to shortlist a car for myself. Must say, I am quite impressed with the improvement and yes the features provided in the fully loaded version. Tata could add reverse parking sensors as part of the standard accessories and I was told by the dealer that the body kit is an optional accessory for which I have to pay extra unlike mentioned in one of the replies above.

One more thing on which I need some help is as part of discounts, the dealer mentioned that I can give him a copy of the RC book of my dad's car and he should be able to give me about 14K additional discount. Can someone tell me what is the trick being played here?
Way back in June 2011 while buying my Manza Qjet i was asked for the same by my dealer (exchange bonus - discount being given to you even when you are not selling your old car to them) No gimmicks. May be you have bargained yourself a very good deal and hence the dealer is trying to find a workable solution out for himself. At least for me there were no problems . However you need to be careful and discuss this clearly with your dealer.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 21:30   #118
BHPian

Quote:

Hi
May be the dealer is intended to provide loyalty bonus to you. This is the reason he might want to show that you are already a tata customer since your father has one.
Old 16th September 2013, 22:00   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Hi
May be the dealer is intended to provide loyalty bonus to you. This is the reason he might want to show that you are already a tata customer since your father has one.
Hi, no in fact my dad owns a Maruti and I made it clear to the dealer but he still insisted on me availing the discount by submitting those papers! I asked him what the trick is, all he said was "If you tell me that the XYZ software does ABC task, I would not know if it really does that, this is a trick of our industry, leave it to me". The software analogy since I work in the IT industry
Old 16th September 2013, 22:39   #120
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, no in fact my dad owns a Maruti and I made it clear to the dealer but he still insisted on me availing the discount by submitting those papers! I asked him what the trick is, all he said was "If you tell me that the XYZ software does ABC task, I would not know if it really does that, this is a trick of our industry, leave it to me". The software analogy since I work in the IT industry
This is usually done for an exchange offer. They just attach the copy of the RC and show it as the exchanged car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks