Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2013, 22:42   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
:

Hi rana_kirti,
I am considering the SR body kit in 3 months time or so. Any idea on the price list, my SA had no clue? BTW, any particular solution to be used for removing those GT Tsi sticker(and a 'P' sticker on the fuel lid) ?

cheers,
D.

RedAngel at the event.
My dealer told me the cost at around a lac.
Old 19th May 2013, 23:35   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
My dealer told me the cost at around a lac.
Coverting pounds to INR, the UK website pricing for the kit is as much as a lakh, so maybe your dealer is right. That is pricey, but I saw in the forum somewhere, someone mentioning 70k for the kit.
I will wait out few months and might even consider an aftermarket kit as well.
Cheers,
D.

Hi Team,
can existing 1.2./1.4/1.8 TSI owners clarify what type of fuel they are using, regular/premium?
The sticker inside the lid of the car says 'min RON95' but the Service advisor was saying regular unleaded will do. I am not sure whether he is comparing it with regular Polo petrol, which he shouldn't, as presumably the TSI's compression ratio will be much higher. I checked on a regular petrol polo, it's mentioned RON91/95.
Considering the price of the premium fuel after the de-regulation, every trip to the pump is going to hurt.
what do you guys think?

P.S.: Mods, pardon the back to back posts, wanted to clarify this before my visit to the pump tomorrow. Please do merge them if its incorrect.

Cheers,
D.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2013 at 11:53. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 20th May 2013, 03:49   #663
BHPian

Did anyone see the Polo TSI ad on TV?

The car just drives around a couple of times and ends with a written logo of POLO TSI and VW.
They show just the polo exterior and not one thing about the features.

Talk about bad marketing.
Old 20th May 2013, 04:00   #664
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Hi Team,
can existing 1.2./1.4/1.8 TSI owners clarify what type of fuel they are using, regular/premium?
The sticker inside the lid of the car says 'min RON95' but the Service advisor was saying regular unleaded will do. I am not sure whether he is comparing it with regular Polo petrol, which he shouldn't, as presumably the TSI's compression ratio will be much higher. I checked on a regular petrol polo, it's mentioned RON91/95.
Considering the price of the premium fuel after the de-regulation, every trip to the pump is going to hurt.
what do you guys think?

P.S.: Mods, pardon the back to back posts, wanted to clarify this before my visit to the pump tomorrow. Please do merge them if its incorrect.

Cheers,
D.
First congrats for the great car.

Though i don't own a TSI engined car, I have seen many of the Team BHPians who own them recommend only the regular unleaded. And also don't mistake the branded petrol available in our pumps as RON 95. They are mere 91 RON petrol with added additives. There are very few bunks even in chennai if at all, that stock higher RON petrol. So, regular unleaded is the ideal bet. If you can locate a shell pump in your vicinity that should do.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 04:47   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post

The car just drives around a couple of times and ends with a written logo of POLO TSI and VW.

Hi mjumrani,
what you are talking about is the condensed version of the TVC and its terrible especially that turn(what looks like a handbrake turn) which looks like its been edited on.
There was a better longer version which subtlety highlights the turbo engine and the DSG box in the new GT, I call it the mystery man ad. The thing is I couldn't find the ad online, so I posted a mobile captured video of the same in YouTube.
I am sharing a link assuming it doesn't violate anyone's IPR.

Disclaimer: I have no claim over this video and its of very ordinary video quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
First congrats for the great car.

Though i don't own a TSI engined car, I have seen many of the Team BHPians who own them recommend only the regular unleaded. And also don't mistake the branded petrol available in our pumps as RON 95.
So, regular unleaded is the ideal bet. If you can locate a shell pump in your vicinity that should do.
Thanks drpudhi for your wishes and insight into this. Pardon my ignorance, but I always thought branded fuels like Speed93/97 depict their octane number. There is no Shell pump in my vicinity, which has given me a sleepless night.
However, if owners of TSI engine are using regular unlead without knocking issues, my polo should do fine as well.

Does the 1.2TSI in Indian polo come with a knock sensor to adjust injection for low quality fuel? I am sure the Euro spec engine has one.

Cheers,
D.
Old 20th May 2013, 06:32   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the 1.2TSI in Indian polo come with a knock sensor to adjust injection for low quality fuel? I am sure the Euro spec engine has one.

Cheers,
D.
Yep, it does come with a knock sensor.

This motor runs a high compression ratio for a Turbo charged engine, 10:1.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 07:44   #667
BHPian

Yes the fuel lid does mention min 95 RON but such fuel is not available in my place. I am using shell fuel right now. I think 95 RON fuel if available would increase the mileage and power.

I have completed 1200 kms and would like to know whether I should go for oil change? Yes I do know that VW recommends it at 15000 kms.
Old 20th May 2013, 08:19   #668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post

I actually found the advt. very well executed. Shows the car’s capabilities, have a proper emotional connect, and I am glad that they rightly showed the child secured properly in booster seat.

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but I always thought branded fuels like Speed93/97 depict their octane number.
I believe Speed 97 is High Octane petrol, but easy availability maybe a problem in smaller cities, and it costs a lot. You should be ok with regular unleaded 91 ron (atleast that’s what VW folks told me when I enquired about Jetta TSI a few months back). And most of the Laura/Superb 1.8 TSI owners in our forum go with the regular unleaded.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 09:51   #669
BANNED

Quote:

Hi rana_kirti,
I am considering the SR body kit in 3 months time or so. Any idea on the price list, my SA had no clue? BTW, any particular solution to be used for removing those GT Tsi sticker(and a 'P' sticker on the fuel lid) ?

cheers,
D.
Cant comment on the sticker removal.

I was told about Rs 75000 for the kit.

I wonder if any member has added the SR kit to their polo. I can't find and ownership report of an Prefitted Polo SR either.

I'm also very keen on adding the SR kit after I buy the GT Tsi.

I wonder how high will be the ground clearance level of the SR kit. Cant find any numbers. I hope it is high enough in front & sides to avoid damage from speed bumpers, potholes and bad roads.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 20th May 2013 at 09:56.
Old 20th May 2013, 10:41   #670
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks drpudhi for your wishes and insight into this. Pardon my ignorance, but I always thought branded fuels like Speed93/97 depict their octane number. There is no Shell pump in my vicinity, which has given me a sleepless night.

Cheers,
D.
Speed 97 is indeed high Ron petrol but its hardly available in Chennai and costs in three digits per litre too. The other branded petrol like xtrapremium, superunleaded and speed are all mere 91 Ron with additives. I've even come across that premium fuel with additives are detrimental to turbo engines in the forum on T jet from bhpians.
Old 20th May 2013, 10:51   #671
BHPian

Dear Forum,
I test drove the GT yesterday evening.
The car is a revelation in the quick, point and go mode.
It can also be driven in a relaxed manner quite easily.
I went for the test drive with apprehensions on the gearbox warranty. Was given the pricelist. Extended warranty for 2 years at the cost of Rs. 7500.
Also specifically checked the braking quality after reading about the same in the forum. Found them to be adequate and responsive.
One shortcoming though, rear seat space is hugely compromised with a tall driver in front ( I am 5' 11).
Fuel efficiency was shown as 9.8 kmpl. The car had run 1800 kms and am sure the test drivers would have driven her enthusiatically. Maybe 12 kmpl is achievable in Mumbai traffic.
The horn is disconcertingly loud inside the passenger cabin.
Also, very little feedback from the steering.
They tyres were Apollo, noisier and harder than the michelin xm2's on my Fabia but not a deal breaker.
Regards,
Harsh.
Old 20th May 2013, 12:08   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshD View Post
Was given the pricelist. Extended warranty for 2 years at the cost of Rs. 7500.
The SA to whom I spoke still maintains that there is no confirmation on the extended warranty from VW even though it is mentioned in the price list. This is my major concern. I'm ready to book it provided there is a clarity on this. Really the height of frustration. If VW is indeed following TBHP then they should have taken a note of this. Ford on the other hand has clearly highlighted the fact that there is a 10 year warranty on their dual clutch automatic on ecosport.
Old 20th May 2013, 13:51   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
The SA to whom I spoke still maintains that there is no confirmation on the extended warranty from VW even though it is mentioned in the price list. This is my major concern. I'm ready to book it provided there is a clarity on this. Really the height of frustration. If VW is indeed following TBHP then they should have taken a note of this. Ford on the other hand has clearly highlighted the fact that there is a 10 year warranty on their dual clutch automatic on ecosport.
A 10 year warranty will be something !
I also read the GT's review on Autocar wherein they have highlighted a couple of things on the gearbox as compared to the Superb's gearbox:
1. The clutch pads are now beefier for our start - stop traffic and.
2. The mechatronic module connectors are redesigned.

The other factor to consider in my opinion is that the power and torque output of this engine is much lower than the 1.8 TSI.

However, considering the uncertainty surrounding the longevity of the gearbox it will need to be carefully looked after by their owners viz. Putting the car in Neutral if you expect to stand still for more than 30 seconds.

Otherwise the car is very good.

Regards,
Harsh.
HarshD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 15:19   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team,
Congrats on the GT TSI. Sorry, I havent had much time to keep myself abreast on this thread. Are you the first owner on TBHP?

Btw, please stick to regular unleaded petrol and you should be absolutely fine. And, it does come with knock sensor for lower fuel quality.

And, please stick to company recommended intervals for oil changes ( atleast during the initial stage)

EDIT : Just noted drjanakpatel has already completed 1200kms on his TSI. Congrats to you too.

Btw, are you guys planning to start your dedicated ownership thread on the forum? It would help a lot of prospective buyers who are still sitting on the fence
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 18:27   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team,

Congrats on the 1.2TSi. Don't bother with premium fuel, I have been using regular fuel for over 50,000 kms now in the 1.8TSi. I have never faced any fuel related issues till date. I have just changed the fuel filter during regular service.
As for Speed 97, availability and price is an issue. Besides on a stock car the difference is very small. After the mods/remap, there is a tangible difference with 97 octane fuel but its impractical for daily use.
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks