Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 19:02   #751
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Would VW offer any of these accessories or enhancements so to speak off their shelves?

@mods pls merge these two posts as I'm unable to do it from my app. Apologies
There is a post some days back in this same forum where a forum member saw a regular polo with bi-xenons fitted by a dealer in delhi. It should be then available as an accessory. You can try your luck by inquiring about the same in ABRA. Remember he also mentioned the price to be somewhat 16,000. Here is the image i had got from that post. (Image copyright not mine)

EDIT : Got hold of that post. Here is the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3112418
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-photo-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-photo-2.jpg  

Last edited by drpudhi : 28th May 2013 at 19:09.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 21:51   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Would VW offer any of these accessories or enhancements so to speak off their shelves?

@mods pls merge these two posts as I'm unable to do it from my app. Apologies
As far as I know there are three different variants of the same headlight unit depending on the quality. It starts from 16K and goes upto 42K depending on the version you want (basically where it is assembled). There is also the proper GTI bi-xenon with leveling sensors and the works which costs almost 80K.

Last edited by robimahanta : 28th May 2013 at 21:53.
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 23:40   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
As far as I know there are three different variants of the same headlight unit depending on the quality. It starts from 16K and goes upto 42K depending on the version you want (basically where it is assembled). There is also the proper GTI bi-xenon with leveling sensors and the works which costs almost 80K.
Where have you seen the original VW Polo GTI style bi xenons for 80k? Is that just the lights or everything required for the install including programming and labour?
Old 29th May 2013, 10:21   #754
Team-BHP Support

VW says the back of the front seats have been scooped out to liberate legroom. I went for a test drive over the weekend and I have never seen such a cramped rear seat. The legroom was really poor for a any driver who is probably more than 5'10". With the front seats set to my driving position, I wasn't even able to squeeze my left foot into the back from outside to try and get in.

If your looking for a practical fun to drive car, this is not it. Consider this as a 2 seater hot hatch as a second or even third car.

What flet cheap was that the bac of the front seats is leatherette that looks like from a base model and they have remove the seat back pockets. Is that what they mean by extra legroom at the back? By doing away with a the seat back pockets.

I'll pen down my driving impressions as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 10:31   #755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Thanks Vid. It will be helpful if you can pen down a short comparison with Ecosport as well, considering the fact that both are similar sized when it comes to interiors, turbo-charged petrol etc. Interested to know on the steering, ride & handling, comfort etc.
Old 29th May 2013, 11:04   #756
BHPian

Quote:
VW says the back of the front seats have been scooped out to liberate legroom. I went for a test drive over the weekend and I have never seen such a cramped rear seat. The legroom was really poor for a any driver who is probably more than 5'10". With the front seats set to my driving position, I wasn't even able to squeeze my left foot into the back from outside to try and get in.

If your looking for a practical fun to drive car, this is not it. Consider this as a 2 seater hot hatch as a second or even third car.

What flet cheap was that the bac of the front seats is leatherette that looks like from a base model and they have remove the seat back pockets. Is that what they mean by extra legroom at the back? By doing away with a the seat back pockets.

I would agree to that, went for a test drive recently, and the rear was more cramped than our i10 and nowhere close to our Getz.
Old 29th May 2013, 12:00   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The legroom was really poor for a any driver who is probably more than 5'10".
If you are referring to the driver legroom I agree. In the Vento, The steering column restricts the movement of the legs (up down). The only way around is to lower the seat as much as possible. But not everone will appriciate it. Coming to the back seat of Polo there are only a handful of Hatches that have more legroom. The Liva but it has pathetic quality of interiors, the Sail which is a generation of 2 backdated, The Indica Vista Taxi & The Jazz which (I think) is discontinued. Other than that Pretty much everything is in the Same league. Swift, Ritz, Figo, Punto, I20. So I dont think it is a point of complain.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 12:00   #758
BHPian

Quote:
When I went for a TD , it looked fine for me. The reason being the rear seats would be primarily for my parents who are around 5'. Asked the SA to bring the car to my home and my parents were comfortable sitting in the car with the seats arranged for my driving position(Im 5'9"). The rear to me us strictly for 2 people though.
Old 29th May 2013, 12:18   #759
BHPian

Quote:

This is what VW Polo has been right from the time it was introduced. But people picked it up in thousands. Remember when Polo was being tested in 2008. When I told people that there is hardly any leg space in the rear. They couldnt believe, as it was a VW
Old 29th May 2013, 12:50   #760
BHPian

Nowadays this has become a very common solution to increase the legspace. The same can be seen in the brio and amaze. As far as polo is concerned, it should be best seen as a 2 seater hot hatch and not as a 5 seater family car.
Old 29th May 2013, 12:58   #761
BHPian

My GT TSI is ready in the showroom. Just waiting to dispose my 5 1/2 month old Honda Brio so that i can avoid the 14% life tax here in AP for people who own 2 or more vehicles (its 12% if you have only one vehicle in your name). Just cant wait to get this Red Devil on the road.
Old 29th May 2013, 14:56   #762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
If you are referring to the driver legroom I agree. In the Vento, The steering column restricts the movement of the legs (up down). The only way around is to lower the seat as much as possible. But not everone will appriciate it. Coming to the back seat of Polo there are only a handful of Hatches that have more legroom. The Liva but it has pathetic quality of interiors, the Sail which is a generation of 2 backdated, The Indica Vista Taxi & The Jazz which (I think) is discontinued. Other than that Pretty much everything is in the Same league. Swift, Ritz, Figo, Punto, I20. So I dont think it is a point of complain.
No. I am referring to the rear legroom. The driver legroom was fine as my driving position is lowest setting for the height adjust so steering is not a problem at all. It's the rear legroom that is a problem.

In my Figo, I have passengers in the rear regularly with a similar driving position. Infact even my laptop bag and lunch box goes behind the driver seat. In the Polo I could not fit even my right foot inside.

It is much lesser than the Figo and i20 for sure. Just today I took 3 people in the back of a Swift with me driving and noone complained.
Old 29th May 2013, 15:40   #763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I'm sorry but I can't agree with you on this.

The Polo's back bench is seriously cramped, when compared to the likes of the Swift, the i20, the Figo, the Jazz and even its sibling the Fabia. Heck, even the Brio feels marginally more spacious. I'm a 6-footer and I cannot sit comfortably behind another 6-footer in most hatchbacks.

Vid and I had visited the VW showroom for a test drive recently and I had no option but to cram myself in the back seat while he was driving. It's a nightmare! The Swift and i20 do feel more spacious, as does the Ritz and the Figo. The Punto though, refuses to accommodate six footers in the front + back.

Given the dimensions of the Polo and the price bracket it's in, it's pretty poor w/r/t passenger accommodation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th May 2013 at 15:42.
Old 29th May 2013, 16:36   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Punto though, refuses to accommodate six footers in the front + back.
Not sure about the back but when I did the TD of Polo GT, I found the driver space is way smaller than of my Punto..
Old 29th May 2013, 16:37   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I really hope this is a case of wrong engine code stamping. I can't comment about the car you drove in Denmark. De tuning can make a world of a difference in engine response. The claimed 17+ kmpl is another give away. I wonder how they achieved this or if this is another government scam. Having driven a Ikon 1.6l, Baleno and Etios, all are about 90ps cars, the GT felt quicker. It could be the surge of the turbo charger combined with the fast shifting box that makes the car "feel" quicker. I never felt the power to be out of place from the claim VW have made. The only way to test would be to dyno the car.
It might also explain Autocar India's 11.34 second 0-100 test run!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks