Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2013, 08:04   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Hi guys,
I have carried out the PreRegistration inspection of my GT, our Team-bhp checklist is so thorough I can take delivery of the vehicle confidently. Although, i must say the service advisor who helped me with it, wasnt very pleased.

Onroad price is 9.48L and I have been offered just the mud flaps, floor mats and car cover and delivery is on Monday after the registration.

I am in a bit of a spot though, the dealer is arranging an event to locally launch the GT today. I was asked whether they could use the car allotted to me as the unveiling car, and i said that i am fine with it. I didn't have a problem then, because as per the original timeline, the car was supposed to be registered on Friday and delivered to me today right after the unveiling. I have a problem now, because the SA told me that my car will be on display till 4PM with lot of people banging on the doors,etc.

What should I do now? can I request them to lock the cars after the initial event is over? I mean technically it is my car,right? I have paid up the full amount and the car has been invoiced under my name. I am kicking myself for getting into this on my own now.

Anyways, here is a picture of my RedAngel when my eyes first set on her

Cheers,
D
Congrats on the Red Angel bro. Have you paid the full money ?

If I were at your place I would have strictly said NO ... A BIG NO to them. They want to do this because they do not any other car to do the unveiling. Don't let them use your car as it will get in to a lot of abuse at the display, you know how people behave at such events.

BTW I have booked a red one too, looks smokin' hawwwt !! Congrats again

Last edited by Berry : 19th May 2013 at 08:05.
Old 19th May 2013, 08:16   #647
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Hi guys,
I have carried out the PreRegistration inspection of my GT, our Team-bhp checklist is so thorough I can take delivery of the vehicle confidently. Although, i must say the service advisor who helped me with it, wasnt very pleased.

Onroad price is 9.48L and I have been offered just the mud flaps, floor mats and car cover and delivery is on Monday after the registration.

I am in a bit of a spot though, the dealer is arranging an event to locally launch the GT today. I was asked whether they could use the car allotted to me as the unveiling car, and i said that i am fine with it. I didn't have a problem then, because as per the original timeline, the car was supposed to be registered on Friday and delivered to me today right after the unveiling. I have a problem now, because the SA told me that my car will be on display till 4PM with lot of people banging on the doors,etc.

What should I do now? can I request them to lock the cars after the initial event is over? I mean technically it is my car,right? I have paid up the full amount and the car has been invoiced under my name. I am kicking myself for getting into this on my own now.

Cheers,
D
Hey delta5, I would agree to 999 and Berry that you should not allow them to use your car as the display model, especially as you have already paid full money. Kids jumping around, people banging doors and also a very good chance of the car getting scratches from people's clothing/nails.
I would ask them to use another car if this car was mine.

P.S The car is looking absolutely stunning! look forward to the ownership review!
Old 19th May 2013, 08:32   #648
BHPian

A lot has been said about the interiors being all black which I so agree with as well. I would want to highlight the fact that the car boasts smoked headlamps which very well go with the sporty (ala non chrome) look of the car, but looking at the alloy wheels I feel that they do not form a uniform look of the exterior. A light gunmetal finish would have done wonder IMO.

Example - The Punto Emo pack had all silver - whether it is fog light cogs, the grille and even interior accents.
Old 19th May 2013, 08:50   #649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congratulations on your new car!
The unveiling part was a bit foolish to agree on. A few options now:
1) Try to get the car out right after the unveiling, instead of waiting until 4pm.
2) Insist on locking the car, and not let anyone to access inside.
3) Stay around in the showroom until 4pm, and protect your car from the intruders.
Old 19th May 2013, 09:55   #650
BANNED

has anyone considered adding the SR body kit to the GT ?
Old 19th May 2013, 10:10   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Well, we can also add the WRC R cup headlights and so forth. But priced already 50K away from a Fiesta and looking at resale values after 4 years+DSG realiablity, any cost addition to the existing GT exshowroom does not appeal to me atleast. May be they have reserved the bodykit for a facelift down the line?

Last edited by 999 : 19th May 2013 at 10:13.
Old 19th May 2013, 10:19   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Too expensive, but that would do justice to the whole badge. The lite mods I have planned as of now : gunmetal finish to the wheels / Michelin Energy XM2 -195/60/R15 and red eyelids.
Old 19th May 2013, 17:28   #653
BHPian

Just came back from TD this beast. Whatta machine!! Completey blew me away. For all those guys who are cribbing about absence of manual tranny, please please TD this machine once. The DSG is so well mated with the TSI that you actually don't require a manual on this car. VW probably knew about this and hence they came out with this combo and what a combo it is. Gear shifts are absolutely super smooth. And who says you need to be in S-mode to enjoy this beast. Just rip this beast in D-mode and you can have equal amounts of fun although not as much as in S-mode
This proves only one thing, this car SHOULD NOT be and DOESN'T deserve to be driven with a light foot. Just push the pedal to the metal and you will be truely rewarded. Thanks VW for bringing such high tech car to India.
The only fly in the ointment is the light steering as many have pointed out here. I guess you will have to live with it and I don't think that would take much time once you actually start enjoying the beast
floyd.bell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 17:33   #654
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Just came back from TD this beast. Whatta machine!! Completey blew me away. For all those guys who are cribbing about absence of manual tranny, please please TD this machine once. The DSG is so well mated with the TSI that you actually don't require a manual on this car. VW probably knew about this and hence they came out with this combo and what a combo it is. Gear shifts are absolutely super smooth. And who says you need to be in S-mode to enjoy this beast. Just rip this beast in D-mode and you can have equal amounts of fun although not as much as in S-mode
This proves only one thing, this car SHOULD NOT be and DOESN'T deserve to be driven with a light foot. Just push the pedal to the metal and you will be truely rewarded. Thanks VW for bringing such high tech car to India.
The only fly in the ointment is the light steering as many have pointed out here. I guess you will have to live with it and I don't think that would take much time once you actually start enjoying the beast
Quick question. Does this VW have speed sensitive power steering? It ought to. Next how much does it cost on road Bangalore?
Old 19th May 2013, 17:52   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quick question. Does this VW have speed sensitive power steering? It ought to. Next how much does it cost on road Bangalore?
Yes, its the same speed sensitive steering, well weighted but no feedback. 9.87L is the OTR price in Bangalore. There is a 6K corp discount.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 17:55   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes, the steering did sufficiently weighted up as we gathered speed. Atleast it did inspire confidence at high speeds and didn't make me nervous any time. It was a very short test drive and I couldn't test it around corners. I was simply bowled over by the straight-line acceleration. The real test of handling of this car would on the ghats and curves/corners.

On-road price in Bangalore I guess is 9.9L

Last edited by floyd.bell : 19th May 2013 at 17:58.
Old 19th May 2013, 18:01   #657
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post

Yes, the steering did sufficiently weighted up as we gathered speed. Atleast it did inspire confidence at high speeds and didn't make me nervous any time. It was a very short test drive and I couldn't test it around corners. I was simply bowled over by the straight-line acceleration. The real test of handling of this car would on the ghats and curves/corners.

On-road price in Bangalore I guess is 9.9L
Its a good start to the hot hatch revolution then! Hope it sells and hope it inspires them to bring in their lovely Golf as well...
Old 19th May 2013, 19:59   #658
Senior - BHPian

Like I had said, I had gone on a TD almost 2 weeks ago. THe SA did not take my card, despite my asking, saying "it is there in the TD register". As of now, I have not received a follow up call from them.

Not a very good beginning (I was pretty much ready to commit) and mirrors my experience when the Vento was introduced. AT that time too VW displayed a fair amount of arrogance.

Any opinions on the buying experience folks?

Am actually dreading the service experience if (it is actually 'when', IMO) I buy the car
Old 19th May 2013, 21:28   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Like I had said, I had gone on a TD almost 2 weeks ago. THe SA did not take my card, despite my asking, saying "it is there in the TD register". As of now, I have not received a follow up call from them.

Not a very good beginning (I was pretty much ready to commit) and mirrors my experience when the Vento was introduced. AT that time too VW displayed a fair amount of arrogance.

Any opinions on the buying experience folks?

Am actually dreading the service experience if (it is actually 'when', IMO) I buy the car
Here in Delhi they are quite aggressive, for the TD they even got the car to my home which is about 23kms from their showroom. Probably I had bought my Vento from the same dealership so they knew this deal's going to crack, my experience has been pleasant so far.
Old 19th May 2013, 22:28   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
First of all congrats on the new car. For the display purpose, DONT GIVE YOUR CAR!!!!.
Thanks 999.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Don't let them use your car as it will get in to a lot of abuse at the display, you know how people behave at such events.

BTW I have booked a red one too, looks smokin' hawwwt !!
Congrats to you too Berry!
Yes, red is smoking hot, the car deserves better shoes and alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Hey delta5, I would agree to 999 and Berry that you should not allow them to use your car as the display model, especially as you have already paid full money. Kids jumping around, people banging doors and also a very good chance of the car getting scratches.

P.S The car is looking absolutely stunning! look forward to the ownership review!
Thanks nipcarlover, Will come up with an Initial ownership review in a weeks time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations on your new car!
The unveiling part was a bit foolish to agree on. A few options now:
1) Try to get the car out right after the unveiling, instead of waiting until 4pm.
2) Insist on locking the car, and not let anyone to access inside.
3) Stay around in the showroom until 4pm, and protect your car from the intruders.
Thanks again Vb-San, your call on the color did influence my final decision!

About using the car for unveiling:
Yes, it was very foolish of me to agree on this and I had my gut in my mouth looking at the crowd this morning with a fair number of kids in it. This car shopping is a good experience and looks like I am learning it the hard way. Did I mention that technically/officially this is my first car? No it's even the first vehicle that will be registered under my name, making this all the more special for me, if not for my family. And hence in this please-all-mood where it would be hard to say no to anyone, even if someone asks me to get a tattoo or something.

Anyways, I locked up the car right after unveiling and hung around the car like a mother protecting her new born against 2-foot predators. It wasn't all that bad in the end. BTW, I wasn't clear in my earlier post, the car wasn't registered on Friday and its going to be done only on Monday. I will be taking delivery of it in the evening tomorrow. But almost 6 customers took delivery of other cars including a Passat, but none of them were registered just like mine.

Quote:
Hi rana_kirti,
I am considering the SR body kit in 3 months time or so. Any idea on the price list, my SA had no clue? BTW, any particular solution to be used for removing those GT Tsi sticker(and a 'P' sticker on the fuel lid) ?

cheers,
D.

RedAngel at the event.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image.jpg  

delta5 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks