Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2013, 00:41   #1396
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Vagtune is retailing a pair of genuine projector headlamps for 1.3L - Link

Btw was swapping the bulbs in the headlamps easy? Did you do it yourself or did you get it done from a service centre? Swapping the tail lamps is easy - there's a small slotted hole in the carpet of the luggage compartment sides through which the white butterfly nut can be accessed. Unscrew it and unclip the tail lamps which slides away from the slot.
1.3 lakh! No way!

Swapping the bulbs was a mixed feeling - a guy from the shop did it (I allowed him to do it as I was paying Rs.1200 anyway), but he cut corners as I was afraid of. The owner manual says remove the headlight and then replace the bulb and from my experience with the Laura, that's the right way. He did not remove the headlights and worked on accessing the bulbs blindly. He could replace the left one in minutes, the right one took time. If and when I have to do it again, I will remove the headlight and do it peacefully.

BTW, I see that with the stock lamps, the low beam is ok ok, but high beam is absolutely pathetic, I am guessing it's pointing up so the light is going up in the air...literally (in addition to the fact that reflectors are useless). So I manually adjusted the focus using the 2 white screws at the back of each headlight. I lowered the beams such that now position #1 is equal to original position #3. Now the high beam is back on the road . However, I observed that both screws adjust vertical focus, and none of them adjusts horizontal focus!!! I will try to post pictures...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 29th December 2013 at 00:43.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 14:26   #1397
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, the Phillips Xtreme Vision are on probation.

BTW, I see that the GT TSI garnish plates are only on the 2 front door steps. Not in the rear! Is that standard?
Old 30th December 2013, 14:38   #1398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, I see that the GT TSI garnish plates are only on the 2 front door steps. Not in the rear! Is that standard?
Yeah, the rear door sills do not have the garnish plates.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 02:35   #1399
BHPian

Supposed re launch in end jan early feb for the gt tsi. Updated exterior and paddle shift wheel supposedly standard. I hope the exterior changes include the Rline kit and not the silly SR kit. I am hoping they also plonk the EA211 into the engine bay.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 02:38   #1400
BHPian

Updated my suspension.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140102_023108.png
Views: 2568
Size:  405.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140102_023138.png
Views: 2715
Size:  351.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140102_023156.png
Views: 2679
Size:  315.1 KB

And the R-Line badging. No fake gti for me.
Name:  ForumRunner_20140102_023216.png
Views: 2632
Size:  285.9 KB
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:00   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Supposed re launch in end jan early feb for the gt tsi. Updated exterior and paddle shift wheel supposedly standard. I hope the exterior changes include the Rline kit and not the silly SR kit. I am hoping they also plonk the EA211 into the engine bay.
Really? Hope you are right
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:40   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Hormazd of Autocar had tweeted that the Polo will be face lifted in May. If you are saying the Polo TSI will get one in Jan or early Feb, is this the new Polo face lift?

Cheers,
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:43   #1403
BHPian

I will eat you !

You can't update a car less than a year after it's launch, that's so unfair to the early adopters.

If there's a newer model less than four months after you got yours, that just leaves a really sour taste in the mouth. Especially after the insane waiting times.

Granted, I'll always love my tsi, but if they don't atleast wait till June for this update. I'm going to have major trust issues
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:06   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting info Prithwi, would this be an announcement at the time and then an official launch around April/ May?

If the info is true, Looks like I would have a pair of UK-sourced headlamps, tail lamps and Europe-sourced MF Rline steering wheel for sale at that time..

So much for impulse purchases!
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:57   #1405
BHPian

Dont get hyper folks.. Lets just wait and see what comes in the Jan/Feb update. As it is very few TSI's were delivered in Dec. All were told that their delivery is delayed. Most likely the first lot of the 2013 Polo TSI's are over.

The information states - "Exterior changes, center armrest and paddle shift steering wheel are standard".

Now what exactly the exterior changes are .. no one knows. And also the info says paddle shift steering wheel NOT flat bottom GTI/R-Line wheel. There is a difference. So dont go selling ur pre-ordered Euro parts in anticipation.
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:07   #1406
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope the exterior changes include real headlamps (that can really light up the road ahead in the night). And they should buy back the fake ones installed on the 2013 cars...
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:59   #1407
Senior - BHPian

IMO the facelift could be this:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-vwpolofaceliftspiedchina.jpg

(courtesy - Auto iFeng)

... the Polo gets revised airdam (horizontal slats) & foglight enclosure, as compared to honeycomb mesh airdam in the Polo we have in India.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 22:40   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IMO the facelift could be this:

(courtesy - Auto iFeng)

... the Polo gets revised airdam (horizontal slats) & foglight enclosure, as compared to honeycomb mesh airdam in the Polo we have in India.
That is just the r line bumper. Headlights look different tho. As for the india re launch for the polo tsi, January 6th it is.
Old 4th January 2014, 14:41   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
That is just the r line bumper. Headlights look different tho. As for the india re launch for the polo tsi, January 6th it is.
No one yet knows. Maybe VW is aiming for the quietest car re-launch following their understated-ness in car designs!

Cheers,
Old 6th January 2014, 16:57   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
No one yet knows. Maybe VW is aiming for the quietest car re-launch following their understated-ness in car designs!

Cheers,
Jan 6th is almost over, yet no news of the re-launch?

I think it is too early for VW to officially do a re-launch of a car launched just a few months ago. They can do the tweaks such as new steering wheel with paddle shifts etc. as part of the ongoing update cycles. This is generally VW's style, they keep adding features several times a year, as it happened with the regular Polo last year.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks