Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 16:42   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Slightly off topic. I've noticed something that I hadn't noticed ealier. A Hissing sound.

After I am back from work in Bangalore's lovely traffic and pull into my basement and turn off the car, I hear a hissin
My assumption:

Vaccum leak somewhere
AC Equalizing pressure (my brothers' assumption, though the sound comes when driving even with the AC for the full ride home)
Yesterday I also heard a hissing sound from the front of the car.

When I got down from my car yesterday to withdraw money, I could hear hissing sound from the front side of car. I thought one of the front tyres was losing air pressure but within 10-15 seconds the sound went away.
Old 14th November 2013, 22:08   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Slightly off topic. I've noticed something that I hadn't noticed ealier. A Hissing sound. Let me explain the scenario, which I've repeated all this week and wanted anyones' opinion on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
When I got down from my car yesterday to withdraw money, I could hear hissing sound from the front side of car. I thought one of the front tyres was losing air pressure but within 10-15 seconds the sound went away.
I think its the radiator fan which is running even after turning off the engine, to cool it off, which is perfectly normal. Since it goes away after a while, nothing to worry about.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 04:27   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

I think its the radiator fan which is running even after turning off the engine, to cool it off, which is perfectly normal. Since it goes away after a while, nothing to worry about.
Nope definitely not the fan. I made some.calls to my boys over state-side, who got me conferenced in a VW tech at one of the dealer's. It seems like AC system pressure equalizing. He did however ask me to check radiator fluid (specifically inside the radiator, not the external reservoir) just in case its dry and there is steam build-up. Will check and report back my findings.
stumpz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 08:02   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
After I am back from work in Bangalore's lovely traffic and pull into my basement and turn off the car, I hear a hissing sound as I stand outside. Seems to be coming from the bottom of the car.
Even, I have noticed the similar issue. Whenever I park and leave the car I hear the hissing sound. I thought this was related to waste-gate(gases), and have ignored the problem.
Do let me know if you hear anything from the VW regarding this.
Old 15th November 2013, 08:12   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Could TSI owners clarify the use of Mineral oil in DSG'S in India?

Volkswagen Recalling Cars Globally to Fix DSG Gearboxes.

The solution VW has found is to change the synthetic oil in the DS200 automatic to a mineral one.

Quote:
According to the official statement, synthetic oil is responsible for causing short circuiting. This problem is especially bad in countries with humid and hot environment and where stop and go traffic is seen. But VW wants to fix every DS200, no matter the location, to "continue to ensure customer satisfaction".

"Within the framework of further quality monitoring in China and Southeast Asia, it has been discovered that, with vehicles with a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox (DQ200), electric malfunctions could occur in the gearbox power supply if synthetic gearbox oil is used. This applies in particular if the vehicle is subject to a hot and humid climate, coupled with a high proportion of stop & go driving

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/vo...xes-71053.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th November 2013 at 08:14.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 13:18   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Even, I have noticed the similar issue. Whenever I park and leave the car I hear the hissing sound.
If its park and leave(ignition off) its the turbo spooling down (hiss )
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 13:22   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
If its park and leave(ignition off) its the turbo spooling down (hiss )
Thanks Rajesh.
Yes, it is park and switch off the engine.
Old 15th November 2013, 16:08   #1313
BHPian

Thanks to esma. I have just placed an order for Star 3D car mats through http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_88.htm.

It is available at Rs 2,400(much lesser then Kagu Maxpider mats which is selling at Rs 5,500).

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Star 3D Mats

Have a nice fit on the car and the metal foot pad matches with the sport pedals (a bit more chrome than I like actually).
Attachment 1113679
Old 16th November 2013, 12:22   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rohan, I sent them another mail yesterday to get the latest update but no response. Will update as soon as get a response.
I had sent the following mail to VW Customer care
Quote:
I have booked a Polo GT TSi in VW Whitefield (Bangalore). According to the dealer VW does not offer the extended warranty on the Polo GT TSI.

But the brochure (http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa...-ebrochure.pdf) mentions that “Extended Warranty: the standard warranty can be extended for a further 2 years and up to 1,00,000 kms for a minimal extra cost”

Can you please clarify this?
For which I never got any response for 15 days. Once I escalated it to CRM VW Whitefield, I got the following response
Quote:
Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India!!

This refers to your following email and query regarding extended warranty for the Polo GT TSI.

We would like to inform you that pricing for the extended warranty for the Polo GT TSI has not yet been released . The same may be purchased any time before 23 months from date of your vehicle invoicing.

Regarding the information available on our E and print brochures, we would like to draw your attention to the clause *Conditions apply.

Currently extended warranty is only available for the regular Polo and the Vento cars.

This is for your information please and we look for your understanding regarding the same.

Kind Regards,

Customer Care
Sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Could TSI owners clarify the use of Mineral oil in DSG'S in India?

Volkswagen Recalling Cars Globally to Fix DSG Gearboxes.

The solution VW has found is to change the synthetic oil in the DS200 automatic to a mineral one.
There is one more thread in which people are discussing about the same issue http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...eed-dsg-2.html

According to https://www.facebook.com/cnbshow/pos...51842420904563 this has no bearing on the India portfolio. So we do not need to worry :-)

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th November 2013 at 13:33.
Old 16th November 2013, 13:24   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I had sent the following mail to VW Customer care

For which I never got any response for 15 days. Once I escalated it to CRM VW Whitefield, I got the following response
They had replied to me saying that Extended warranty will be available in October. I have been trying to follow up with them on an update without any luck. God knows what they are up to but this is sheer disregard for customer concerns.
sahilkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 15:52   #1316
BHPian

Is it coming anytime soon, the GT TSI with a manual transmission?
Any word from VW on this?

Last edited by rednikhil : 16th November 2013 at 15:54. Reason: double word
Old 17th November 2013, 15:02   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
They had replied to me saying that Extended warranty will be available in October. I have been trying to follow up with them on an update without any luck. God knows what they are up to but this is sheer disregard for customer concerns.
I spoke with VW Metropolitan Saket regarding the extended warranty they told me it will be available soon but gave no specific date whereas extended warranty is readily available for the GT TDI...no brainer.
I think that extended warranty will not be offered by VW for the GT TSI due to the DSG Issues. Talk about a company which has no faith in its own product.

Although the GT TSI is a brilliant car (GT TDI is not even in the same league) im avoiding using the car in heavy traffic and only take it out on the weekends. My daily drive being the Honda Civic AT. 90,000km with no issues. (VW should learn a thing or two from Honda)
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 15:28   #1318
BHPian

Guys when I had contacted VW at customer.care@volkswagen.co.in and got weird replies. I kept on pressing for an answer and got reply from customercaresales@volkswagen.co.in regarding extended warranty.

Request you to route your extended warranty questions to above id so that we can collectively put some pressure.
Old 17th November 2013, 18:50   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Guys when I had contacted VW at customer.care@volkswagen.co.in and got weird replies. I kept on pressing for an answer and got reply from customercaresales@volkswagen.co.in regarding extended warranty.

Request you to route your extended warranty questions to above id so that we can collectively put some pressure.
Same here. I wrote to customer.care@volkswagen.co.in, and got the response from customercaresales@volkswagen.co.in. I would request all TSi owners to send the mail to VW regarding the extended warranty.

Today, I took the car in the NICE road(around 100 kms), this was my first freeway drive in my TSi. It's so easy to overtake other vehicles, and every time I overtook bigger sedans(which was very difficult in my Swift) it brought a big smile. I guess at least some of them were trying to check out the badge of my car.

Best part was my wife who was sitting in the passenger seat could not make out the speed.

In one word it's an awesome highway cruiser. Now, I am so happy to own this car, and no regerts whatsoever for paying a million rupees
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 10:39   #1320
BHPian

This maybe a long shot but doesn't the retro fitted speedometer of bhpian robi and prithwi look similar to the one that comes standard fitted in a jetta? If I'm right owners can save a few thousands by not using the expensive option from vagtune or Pete.

I've got nothing against vagtune or Pete just using our famous Indian jugaad way of saving doubloons!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks