Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2014, 10:42   #1441
Distinguished - BHPian

Horrible seats - what do do?

Fellows,

Need help - I have now done ~2000km in the Polo TSi over last 5 weeks and my lower back is paining! Bad seats. I am trying to debug what exactly is the issue and after a few experiments, ye adaalat is nateeje par pahoochi hain ki, the seat base is way too soft to offer any kind of support, especially towards the back. Towards the front edge it's slightly stiffer but it's shabby right below the butts - where it matters the most. And of course, there is no lumbar support.

What to do? Can we add extra (and stiffer) cushion to the seat base below the fabric? Anything else? I can't drive on like this. DSG saved my left knee, but I can't give up my hip

Please advise.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 12:17   #1442
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Related to the ideal fuel discussion in recent posts. I had been filling regular petrol in my Vento TSI. Today I filled Speed Premium. Will this have any tangible benefits? Is it worth the extra Rs 10/ltr over the regular petrol .

My tank was almost empty and after filling up with Speed Premium, I felt the drive a little smoother and even more quieter. Not sure if it was just my imagination
Old 15th January 2014, 23:45   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Can anyone guide me as to if I can install an automatic window roll up module for a VW Polo Highline. Had no luck as yet to find such a module. Car accessory shops have informed me that, such a module does not exist both for Polo and Vento.

There is a module called KVW100, but i am not sure if it is compatible with the current generation polo and if compatible, where to get it?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.
Depends on what year. You should be able to do this with vagcom/vcds and if this doesnt work, you will need to upgrade central electronics module.
Old 15th January 2014, 23:57   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Related to the ideal fuel discussion in recent posts. I had been filling regular petrol in my Vento TSI. Today I filled Speed Premium. Will this have any tangible benefits? Is it worth the extra Rs 10/ltr over the regular petrol . My tank was almost empty and after filling up with Speed Premium, I felt the drive a little smoother and even more quieter. Not sure if it was just my imagination
Speed is always smoother based on my experience with the Palio 1.6. But 97 octane will bring out the best in the tsi . Haven't filled my tsi with it yet , but Prithwi -81 swears by it . And he's gone way higher up the learning curve than I have.
JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 17:03   #1445
BHPian

Did a GGN - Greater Noida - GGN extended run today. Car is rock solid at good speeds and the brakes are confidence inspiring. However the paddle shifts are sorely missed when one needs to move into manual mode for quick overtakes. D7 at 80-90 is so low down the rpm range that a few downshifts are a must - its essential that one goes into d5-D4 when planning these - an overenthusiastic me lost count and hit the limiter in D3 !

The GN Expressway is some road
Old 18th January 2014, 09:34   #1446
BHPian

Morning commute mileage on 97 octane, 16 inch wheels and 205 tires. Gosh I love this lil car!

Name:  ForumRunner_20140118_092636.png
Views: 2219
Size:  411.6 KB
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 20:12   #1447

UPDATE

I got the car back today after it being in the workshop for 5 days.
All work other than that of the gearbox rattle was done in two days itself , but they kept the car for 3 additional days for the rattling problem as they were contacting VW Germany.

So today morning my service adviser calls me saying that "VW Germany has told them to compare the noise to other GT TSI's and that this would be possible only at the Downtown workshop (I had sent my car to the Tornado Motors workshop) , so would it be okay if they take the car there ? "
I agreed.

After getting the task done , he called me saying that this noise was found on the other GT TSI too , and VW Germany has told them that this noise is common with the gearbox and is nothing to worry about.
(This was also mentioned in the VW Service bulletin posted by Prithwi a few posts earlier).

Earlier the VW technician had accepted that the noise is uncommon and seemed very keen to get it fixed but my SA said that they take orders from VW Germany in such matters.

At the end I made them state in the bill that the gearbox problem was reported by me and also mention the reason for the noise.

All the problems mentioned in the bill copy below have been fixed and that too free of cost.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-bill.jpg

I would like to mention that the noise I am talking about is not very audible , one can hear it only if the music system is switched off and the windows are down , but its there.

Its exactly as loud as the one in this video.

Old 21st January 2014, 18:56   #1448
BHPian

Dear all,

Want some piece of advice. I am relocating to Delhi and hence in 2 minds whether to drive my car or send it through Movers and packers in closed body car containers.

If I decide to send in a container, will putting the transmission in P mode and applying parking brakes suffice or do I need to do something more ?
Old 21st January 2014, 19:46   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Dear all,

Want some piece of advice. I am relocating to Delhi and hence in 2 minds whether to drive my car or send it through Movers and packers in closed body car containers.

If I decide to send in a container, will putting the transmission in P mode and applying parking brakes suffice or do I need to do something more ?
Movers and packers? I can drive it to Delhi for you, if you like
ak916 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 20:03   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Movers and packers? I can drive it to Delhi for you, if you like
That's what I want to do as well but family is opposing the idea of car driven by road
I am trying to convince them !

Last edited by sahilkhurana : 21st January 2014 at 20:09.
Old 21st January 2014, 20:52   #1451
BHPian

Send it through a good mover and packer - I got an old car of mine from Mumbai to gurgaon through Writer and didn't get a scratch on it. But please make sure you get the NOC from Mumbai prior to moving else you'll have a torrid time when selling the car !
Old 21st January 2014, 20:55   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Why would someone who buys a TSI think of anything other than driving it himself?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 21st January 2014, 21:03   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Why would someone who buys a TSI think of anything other than driving it himself?

Regards
Sutripta
After all, TSI'ians also have a family . I am joining a new organization on 3rd Feb which gives me just 2 days to complete the drive. Everyone in the family is against completing the trip in such a time span
Old 21st January 2014, 21:04   #1454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear all,

The cars wheels will be secured to the container itself, so no issues there. Unless you are not moving it in a car specific container, in which case - Don't.

Driving down will also be a fun option, I would pick this honestly. Do it leisurely over 2-3 days.
Old 21st January 2014, 21:25   #1455
BHPian

1600 odd kms between Hyderabad and Delhi. 4 laned toll roads mostly. Sounds like an offer you cannot refuse. Also, if it is too tight, don't move it for the first month. Come back on a Friday by flight and then drive back the same day. Break the journey somewhere in MP. And reach delhi the following day, to the smell of burning rubber

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks