Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2014, 13:35   #1471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Why don't you just go for a Morimoto bi xenon projector setup from Retrorides ? Xenons don't need relays and won't affect warranty as the wattage is far lower than the standard 60w.

The installer also needs to be skilled ,if any wire is spliced ,kiss goodbye to your warranty.

Always get the plug and play accessories. The peace of mind offered is priceless.
Old 27th January 2014, 20:15   #1472
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Over the weekend had to make an early morning run to the airport and in the still of the night, with no external noises, I realized there is a rattle in the engine bay in 1st and 2nd gear. It sure does sound like some metal pipes rattling against the body somewhere inside the engine bay. No noise on gears after 2nd. The vibration harmonics must be just right that it makes some rattling noises.

A number of interweb searches have numerous discussions on the same rattle. Need to check this evening if I can locate the AC pipes and fix it. I will post what I find. If it's a simple touching of pipes against the body, some heavy rubber (similar to the ones that are between the hood and the body to prevent vibration) squeezed inbetween the pipes and the body should solve the problem (did this on the STI ages ago).
Hi,
I have also started getting the similar noise
Intermittent rattle while shifting gears:
it is very evident when shifting gears, and generally happens when the rpm is close to 2k.
Consistent rattle:
Sometimes when the AC is switched on, I also get the consistent rattle. When I switch off the AC, the rattle disappears.

As Prithwi/stumpz have mentioned this might be because of fuel line and AC line rubbing against the body.

I took the vehicle twice to the dealership(VW Whitefield, Bangalore), they could not rectify the problem . Has anybody in Bangalore fixed this problem? If so, can you please let me know the details(dealer and mechanic)
Old 28th January 2014, 15:27   #1473
BHPian

Folks,

Have any of you gone to the service station for the half yearly inspection(6 months/7500kms)?

If yes ,what do they check?
Old 28th January 2014, 18:14   #1474
Distinguished - BHPian

New 2014 Volkswagen Polo revealed.

Volkswagen's new facelifted Polo revealed; expected in India this May. New 1.5-litre diesel coming in late 2014.Expect the Vento with the 1.5TDI too around the same time

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20140128102245_polo_1.jpg

Strikingly beautiful upgrades.

The headlights now get hexagonal LED elements, a chrome strip at the bottom of the grille links both headlights, and the chin of the car is all-new. What's particularly nice is the fact that the wider wraparound section now also gets a metallic highlight that runs around the bottom of the fogs. There are fewer changes around the rear, but the car does get an all-new bumper and tail-lights.

Volkswagen has also worked on the insides of the car, however, it's not clear how many of these changes will make it to the Indian market. A new upmarket steering wheel, new centre console with a new colour display and new air-con controls lift the ambience in the cabin considerably. The steering, in fact, looks very similar to that of the Volkswagen Golf.

Source:ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2014 at 18:19.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 18:47   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New 2014 Volkswagen Polo revealed.

Volkswagen's new facelifted Polo revealed; expected in India this May. New 1.5-litre diesel coming in late 2014.Expect the Vento with the 1.5TDI too around the same time

What about the 1.2ltr tsi engine ?will it be continued or that too would be stopped?
Old 28th January 2014, 18:57   #1476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
What about the 1.2ltr tsi engine ?will it be continued or that too would be stopped?
Finally the 1.2 TSI and the 1.5TDI engines will be the variants of the Polo.

The Next Gen Polo (MBQ Platform) to make debut internationally in 2015 is speculated with various TSI combinations. India debut likely in 2016 along with Tiagun.

Rumors are indicating that Polo would be more up market leaving the space for UP and its variants. If so the Next Gen Polo could be with a the 1.4/1.6 TSI or to make it a super hot hatch would get the 1.8TSI!

Other option would be to have the 1L TSI engine on this for having commonality with the UP! Too early to speculate the scene on the next Gen Polo engines!

Cheers

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2014 at 19:13.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 08:13   #1477
BHPian

Polo already comes with the 2.0TSI in the WRC Street car. 2014 polo interior changes are much nicer too. Love the new steering and cluster.
Old 29th January 2014, 11:32   #1478
BHPian

The question now is, how much of these updates would make it to the Indian Polo, that too in time for May?

Exteriors quite possibly yes. What about the interiors, and at what cost?

Somehow I prefer the current gen R-line steering wheel more. But the rest looks quite classy, including the infotainment system and instrument cluster.

Would love to see all these updates in time for the Indian refresh!
Old 29th January 2014, 21:46   #1479
BHPian

Guys a question on high idling rpm - my tsi cold starts at 1.1k and gradually settles down around 900 rpm which is way higher than any car I have owned previously - is this normal ? If not, what should I be checking ? The car has just run 1500 odd km.
Old 29th January 2014, 22:16   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Guys a question on high idling rpm - my tsi cold starts at 1.1k and gradually settles down around 900 rpm which is way higher than any car I have owned previously - is this normal ? If not, what should I be checking ? The car has just run 1500 odd km.
Its quite normal. I think its done to warm up the engine at start.
Old 29th January 2014, 22:23   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
Its quite normal. I think its done to warm up the engine at start.
Agree on the 1.1k rpm at cold start- what about the 950 rpm at idle , that too after 7 km ?
Old 30th January 2014, 01:14   #1482
BHPian

This is for Chennai BHPians who are waiting for or had given up waiting for a GT TSI. A used 2103 Polo TSI has come up with Vellore dealers' Das WeltAuto. If anyone's interested give them a call @ 9344548911/01. If the condition is good and the price around 7L this could be a decent deal! (Carwale puts it at 7.8L or so).

Cheers,
D.

Note to Mod:
I have posted the above used car information in the Official review thread, assuming it will give an added to perspective to new car buyers. Kindly remove if found to be unrelated.
delta5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 06:27   #1483
BHPian

Hi guys!
2 days back I booked a GT TSI and now I see the news about the face lifted polo coming out in Germany . I see the changes are minor and IMO most of the changes shown may not even come to India. What might come though is the new headlights , tail lights and bumpers.

So do you think it's worth putting my booking on hold? Hoping it might come in next few months? Or should I just go ahead and take the delivery of my car? I am promised delivery of the car in a weeks time. Need your input folks!

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/auto-n...eiled-2-81729/

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 30th January 2014, 07:58   #1484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Hi guys!
2 days back I booked a GT TSI and now I see the news about the face lifted polo coming out in Germany .
So do you think it's worth putting my booking on hold?
Goahead with the current TSI, facelifted Polo in India is just a speculation.

Cheers!
Old 30th January 2014, 08:48   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Agree on the 1.1k rpm at cold start- what about the 950 rpm at idle , that too after 7 km ?
FYI: Even in my car, I could see that idling is at around 1K rpm(which has crossed 5K kms).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks