Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 14:52   #2221
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodbollini View Post
Robi is this the "highline" BCM (Euro-spec and elsewhere)?
Does this mean we can install the OEM AFS system without upgrading the BCM and wiring harness?

Do you have the OEM Headlamps (with LED DRLs) with AFS on your GT with the upgrade to this BCM? I remember you mentioning that you did not like the after-market headlamps, and had actually changed to the OEM ones.

I also need to check is if the new BCM and wiper setup allows for automatic rain sensing wipers. And if the steering column can take the paddles without changing the steering; I quite like the new steering. If you have any thoughts on these, would be grateful...
Yes this is the highline BCM, the headlamp pins are different now so installing GTi OEM lamps is easier. The wiring harness is upgraded in the new car, earlier we had TATA wiring. AFS will still need installation of module and sensors, so dont know how easy that is going to be. I am using the OEM GTi headlamps but still have not installed AFS.

Auto-wipers is possible without change of BCM but then again the rain/light sensor is not there.

Coming to the paddles its possible even on the old steering so it should be possible on the new one as well, just need to make a little alteration behind the wheel to fix the paddles. A lot of people are using paddles on the old GT Tsi without changing the steering wheel.
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 10:10   #2222
BHPian

Just got confirmation from the dealer that the Red GT-TSi has left the factory and he can deliver it in 5 days. So looking at Oct14th hopefully!

I am being billed at the new increased price though.

Now to arrange the VCDS Cable. Can someone please share the AE seller link please?

Thanks.
Old 10th October 2014, 10:33   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Now to arrange the VCDS Cable. Can someone please share the AE seller link please?
Thanks.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...874225114.html

I bought from this guy and it works
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 10:45   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...874225114.html

I bought from this guy and it works
How much did it cost you including the shipping?
Old 10th October 2014, 10:55   #2225
BHPian

Are any of you having trouble with the bluetooth connectivity between the GT Tsi head unit and apple iPhone - mine is running IOS 8.0.2 and I am not getting a reliable phone connectivity or for music steaming - does it need any software update for the head unit?
Old 10th October 2014, 11:01   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Are any of you having trouble with the bluetooth connectivity between the GT Tsi head unit and apple iPhone - mine is running IOS 8.0.2 and I am not getting a reliable phone connectivity or for music steaming - does it need any software update for the head unit?
Think it's the buggy iOS problem. BT connectivity problems have been reported. Wait for the iOS8.1 update to be released soon (maybe Oct 16).
Old 10th October 2014, 11:15   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
I have bought it from aliexpress(http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...890334133.html) for $19(free shipping), it was delivered in 10 days.
shetty_rohan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 11:17   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
How much did it cost you including the shipping?
$18.99 with free shipping and I got it almost after a month. If you want it sooner, try negotiating a good price with the seller for DHL/Fedex/DPEX/ARAMAEX shipping
Old 12th October 2014, 14:58   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Yes this is the highline BCM, the headlamp pins are different now so installing GTi OEM lamps is easier. The wiring harness is upgraded in the new car, earlier we had TATA wiring. AFS will still need installation of module and sensors, so dont know how easy that is going to be. I am using the OEM GTi headlamps but still have not installed AFS.

Auto-wipers is possible without change of BCM but then again the rain/light sensor is not there.

Coming to the paddles its possible even on the old steering so it should be possible on the new one as well, just need to make a little alteration behind the wheel to fix the paddles. A lot of people are using paddles on the old GT Tsi without changing the steering wheel.
Robi, if the new Polo GT TSI comes with the highline BCM, does that mean that I can connect RCD510 HU without the canbus adaptor and fakra antenna cable. I got my RCD510 unit but still waiting for the other cables to arrive. If those are not required I can go ahead and have it installed.

Also coming to the paddles, KR auto care in Coimbatore who is affiliated with Vagtune says I will have to change the steering to install the paddles on the new steering. Do you know anyone who has had the paddles installed on the new Polo? Also it would be great if you can share an installer in Bangalore and I can have it installed there during my next trip there.
Old 12th October 2014, 21:05   #2230
BHPian

Hi guys,
Which is the best fit for polo GT tsi with stock wheels-
205/50/R15 or 205/55/R15?
I plan to put Michelin Pilot Preceda tyres.
Please suggest guys.
Old 12th October 2014, 21:48   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Very good. Are they plug and play as far as wiring and ECU are concerned? How is the low and high beam throw? Can you share some pictures? and price, etc? Thanks.

They aren't exactly plug and play but no wire splicing was involved . Very clear cutoff with great low and high beam throw . Got it done from Retrorides Delhi who've done an awesome job !

Unable to upload a pic from the iphone app for some reason - will upload from PC tomorrow.
Old 12th October 2014, 22:18   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
Hi guys,
Please suggest guys.
Hi,
205/55/R15 is the right match.

I would suggest the Michelin Primacy 3ST or the Michelin XM2.
Insane Devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 01:05   #2233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
Robi, if the new Polo GT TSI comes with the highline BCM, does that mean that I can connect RCD510 HU without the canbus adaptor and fakra antenna cable.

Do you know anyone who has had the paddles installed on the new Polo? Also it would be great if you can share an installer in Bangalore and I can have it installed there during my next trip there.

BCM and CANBUS are different things and no way you can connect rcd510 without the adapter and harness just because the BCM is an updated one.

No I dont know anyone with paddles on the NEW polo steering wheel. VAGtune would be able to answer that in case they have done so in any new car. But I feel it should be possible.

The VAGtune guys keep coming to Bangalore every now and then, they are your best bet for retrofitting paddles.
Old 13th October 2014, 08:38   #2234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
Hi guys,
Please suggest guys.
Standard tyre : 185/60/R15
Upgrade to : 205/50/R15
Difference in circumference : -2.82

Standard tyre : 185/60/R15
Upgrade to : 205/55/R15
Difference in circumference : 0.58

So, 205/55/R15 is a better fit.
shetty_rohan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 18:05   #2235
BHPian

Anyone with news on TSI deliveries this month in Bombay? I have an email confirmation from the dealer on allocation from the factory but he isn’t giving me a firm date as of now. Would it be post Diwali?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks