Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2014, 18:10   #2236
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Anyone with news on TSI deliveries this month in Bombay? I have an email confirmation from the dealer on allocation from the factory but he isn’t giving me a firm date as of now. Would it be post Diwali?
I gave a cheque with the balance payment amount today morning. Assuming it gets cleared by Thursday (Wednesday being a holiday for state elections), I am hoping to get the delivery on Diwali day.
I booked with VW Downtown, if that information helps.
Old 13th October 2014, 18:16   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone with news on TSI deliveries this month in Bombay? I have an email confirmation from the dealer on allocation from the factory but he isn’t giving me a firm date as of now. Would it be post Diwali?
I had a word with the sales assistant at vw downtown,he said 4-6 weeks from the date of booking with a chance of carbon steel coming earlier.
Old 13th October 2014, 18:27   #2238
BHPian

Spotted facelifted Polo GT TSi in Carbon Grey color on the road in Gurgaon. (Clearly saw the TSi badge and GT TSI sticker on C pillar). Couldn't click any pics as I was driving.

Anyway, it is safe to assume that the whole color palette is available in the GT Twins
Old 13th October 2014, 18:40   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Spotted facelifted Polo GT TSi in Carbon Grey color on the road in Gurgaon. (Clearly saw the TSi badge and GT TSI sticker on C pillar). Couldn't click any pics as I was driving.

Anyway, it is safe to assume that the whole color palette is available in the GT Twins
Carbon steel, white and flash red are already available in GT twins. They had introduced carbon steel due to the discontinuation of black. The confirmation needed is for the other colours like night blue and copper orange.
Old 13th October 2014, 19:19   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi803 View Post
I gave a cheque with the balance payment amount today morning. Assuming it gets cleared by Thursday (Wednesday being a holiday for state elections), I am hoping to get the delivery on Diwali day.
I booked with VW Downtown, if that information helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
I had a word with the sales assistant at vw downtown,he said 4-6 weeks from the date of booking with a chance of carbon steel coming earlier.
I booked my car on July 17th with the same dealer...let me hope it comes in sometime this month. I guess he's not yet committed to anyone on firm dates.
Old 13th October 2014, 19:23   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
I booked my car on July 17th with the same dealer...let me hope it comes in sometime this month. I guess he's not yet committed to anyone on firm dates.
Which colour did you book?
He told me there is minimal waiting on the carbon steel, the colour that I actually wanted, and that the waiting on the other colours can go up-to 3 months; if I remember correctly.
My booking was done in September last week. The SA I dealt with was Rahul - a really helpful chap and an overall nice guy.
Old 13th October 2014, 19:24   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Carbon steel, white and flash red are already available in GT twins. They had introduced carbon steel due to the discontinuation of black. The confirmation needed is for the other colours like night blue and copper orange.
My bad. I assumed carbon steel was also not confirmed.

On a side note, the color looked good.. although looked more like deep deep green mixed with grey
Old 13th October 2014, 20:10   #2243
BHPian

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Quote:
Which colour did you book?
He told me there is minimal waiting on the carbon steel, the colour that I actually wanted, and that the waiting on the other colours can go up-to 3 months; if I remember correctly.
My booking was done in September last week. The SA I dealt with was Rahul - a really helpful chap and an overall nice guy.
White...am a bit rigid on that. As far as I know, no white TSIs have been delivered in Bombay I think. Let me know otherwise and I'll give him hell. No, not rahul, it's a corporate booking so the channel is different maybe.

I was half contemplating changing my booking to i20 asta crdi out of sheer frustration and then they forwarded their allocation mail. But no firm date yet

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2014 at 13:24. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 13th October 2014, 20:18   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
White...am a bit rigid on that. as far as I know, no white TSIs have been delivered in Bombay I think...let me know otherwise and I'll give him hell.no, not rahul....it's a corporate booking so the channel is different maybe.

I was half contemplating changing my booking to i20 asta crdi out of sheer frustration and then they forwarded their allocation mail. But no firm date yet

I would suggest pay them a visit and speak to the sales head or someone. There is a guy by the name of Rohan, I believe he is one of the team leads or somewhat senior - I seriously don't get their hierarchy. Hint them about your plans to cancel it. That might pull some strings.
I stay pretty close to the showroom and always walked down whenever I needed something to be done. Always worked with me.
shinobi803 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 20:30   #2245
BANNED

mileage update...

bp speed 97 petrol one highway run delhi to doon and local run in doon = 11.7 km/ltr

regular bp petrol one highway run doon to delhi and local run in delhi = 10.9 km/ltr

highway run was with 5 occupants + max luggage and the local city run was with 2 people.

I have read that speed 97 takes 3 to 4 tankful to show full improvements. I have decided to now onwards use only speed 97 or the highest level octane fuel available due to following reasons....

1. much smoother and quiter engine note.
2. tangible difference in acceleration.
3. better mileage.
4. reduced chances of knocking in future as this is a turbo engine.

cheers.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 13th October 2014 at 20:34.
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 11:18   #2246

Quote:
White...am a bit rigid on that. as far as I know, no white TSIs have been delivered in Bombay I think...let me know otherwise and I'll give him hell.no, not rahul....it's a corporate booking so the channel is different maybe.
Correction.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Request you to add more text in your post and not reduce it to one / few words henceforth, even though the picture makes a valid point. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20141012_1211481.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th October 2014 at 17:26. Reason: fixed quote tags
Krish Karkera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 12:15   #2247
BHPian

[quote=Krish Karkera;3556007]
Quote:

Correction
Any pic of the rear? It can be a GT TDI too...
Old 14th October 2014, 12:17   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish Karkera View Post

Any pic of the rear? It can be a GT TDI too...
Look at the rear quarter you can see the Silver GT TSi sticker. I remember seeing one too.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:09   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish Karkera View Post
Correction
Thanks Krish, just what I needed!

Quote:
I would suggest pay them a visit and speak to the sales head or someone. There is a guy by the name of Rohan, I believe he is one of the team leads or somewhat senior - I seriously don't get their hierarchy. Hint them about your plans to cancel it. That might pull some strings.
I stay pretty close to the showroom and always walked down whenever I needed something to be done. Always worked with me.
Already did hint at plans to cancel. Didn't work..frankly, I think they know that only very few people order this car knowing fully well what that there's no substitute. Anyway, will call up again.
Old 14th October 2014, 13:48   #2250

When had you booked the car?
I was promised a white TSI by the 20th of october at the latest. from the same Rahul at downtown. Managed to mine sooner from VW North.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks