Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 22:05   #2131
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Shy of 9L? I've booked a GT TDI and that's coming to 9.5L. AFAIK the ex-showroom price of both is the same. Are you getting discounts from them, or is it Thane/Navi Mumbai registration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Its definitely more that 9. I got my highline for 8.7.
With extended warranty, et all, it should be closer to 9.5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Yes, can't be shy on 9 Lacs! In Delhi it costed me +9 Lac, Mumbai should be tad expensive, if not same I guess.

There you go. Price list attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20140918_003.jpg  

Old 18th September 2014, 22:39   #2132
BHPian

That's thane registration, not Mumbai.
Old 18th September 2014, 23:15   #2133
BHPian

My bad. Did not see that earlier. Although I do remember the SA asking me about registration and me clarifying South Mumbai.
Either way, will be visiting the showroom tomorrow morning. Will get that clarified.
Old 19th September 2014, 00:09   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
I am not planning any tyre upgrades for now, but I plan to take it to 3M Car Care for paint sealant, mats and so forth. Will keep you posted.

I will find out. I should caution you that my knowledge of the mechanics of any car is extremely limited.

I will be taking delivery today if all goes as per plan and keep you posted, including blr's earlier query.

Cheers,
My carbon steel gt tsi is now allocated and on the way from the factory. Should get it next week. How has your experience been with it since you took delivery and how's the FE and the drive.
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 00:17   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi803 View Post
So experts, I'm on the verge on cancelling my City SV CVT booking due to some unpleasant experience with the Honda dealership. Last weekend I went out looking for a replacement, something that I can get my hands on by November max... with minimal waiting time.
Auto transmission is a priority.

I happen to test the TSI and fell in love with it. Now, here's the predicament -
I plan to keep the car for the next 5+ years, up to 7 if possible - that is pretty much going to be the deciding factor on the loan amount and duration too. It's going to be driven 90% in city (Mumbai).

Keeping these in mind especially the time period bit, is it wise to invest in a TSI - Polo or Vento (whichever the family chooses)? I know the reliability of the box has improved drastically and there are extended warranty packages that will pull me out of any mess but can I actually hold on tight to a VW vehicle for that long?

Appreciate all the help that I can get here. This thread is already a goldmine of information.
I've had no problems with the dsg on my jetta and just ordered a polo tsi. You may want to wait for the vento diesel dsg being launched sept 24 as per ndtv.
Old 19th September 2014, 00:22   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I think the real issue is whether you want an AT or a manual. That will automatically sort out the decision. At 1,000 kms a month, I personally don't think you need a diesel. The only other thing, is that the TSI is much more refined than the diesel.

I don't quite understand what you mean by the TDI being more drivable - the TSI can't be beat for convenience. Driven sedately, it's capable of returning 16 kmpl in city with A/C. The DSG is also the closest thing you can have to a manual in an AT car, in my opinion, with its S and tiptronic modes.

Lastly, in my experience, the VWs are much better built than Japanese/Korean makes and small dings don't leave a mark.
The gt tsi also has ESP which is a first in its class.
Old 19th September 2014, 08:29   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
My carbon steel gt tsi is now allocated and on the way from the factory. Should get it next week. How has your experience been with it since you took delivery and how's the FE and the drive.
I haven't driven this car a lot. You should know that practically all of the 240,000 km I have driven in an automobile, was between M800, Ertiga, Santro and Verna (diesel). So for me the drive experience is outstanding. Once the doors are shut you feel like you are in a sealed tube gliding on the roads.

Since you have owned these kinds of cars you probably know how it feels. My mileage is about 13.5 to 14 though too early.

The only disappointment so far is that the throw of the light in low beam is poor.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 19th September 2014 at 08:33.
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 08:48   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi803 View Post
There you go. Price list attached.
Here is the Mumbai pricing for the New Polo in Mumbai.

A couple of points:
* I did not take their insurance, and they could not match my Royal Sundaram or Tata AIG quotes - which also offer a lot more custom add ons.
For eg. My (eventual) Royal Sundaram zero dep quote with minimum deductible with spare car clause, windshield protection, etc. came to Rs. 26,839.

* The extended warranty is Rs. 13,041 for the GT TSI, and is misprinted (I have circled this).

OTR should be about Rs. 9.3 lakhs.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-polo-pricing.jpeg  

Old 19th September 2014, 11:53   #2139
BHPian

Just heard from EVM Trivandrum.

The booking amount they are asking for the Polo GT TSi is Rs. 1 Lakh.

Is this the amount being charged elsewhere?
Old 19th September 2014, 11:58   #2140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

I paid Rs 50K in Bangalore for my TSI though in Nov 2013.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:03   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

I paid 10k in Delhi. Load of crap by the dealer because the product in low in supply, and high in demand.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:45   #2142
BHPian

Thing is, I am in somewhat of a quandary over this.

We really need the car for my wife. The choices were the GT TSi and the Ecosport AT. The Ford dealer here in Trivandrum is being really uncooperative regarding taking a booking for the ESAT, so we are left with only the Polo.

Since there is only one dealer here in Trivandrum, he can charge through the nose and get away with it, since there is no competition.
Old 19th September 2014, 16:00   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post

The only disappointment so far is that the throw of the light in low beam is poor.

Cheers,
That's disappointing. Was thinking of upgrading to the new double barrel headlights for my pre facelift GT TSI. Now this seems not worthy of the hassles.
Any pointers from anyone who have experienced both the headlights and give a comparison ?
Old 19th September 2014, 16:41   #2144
Senior - BHPian

I have a Vento and have installed Bosch relays, 90/100w bulbs, from day one, the throw is excellent and never felt the need to upgrade to HIDs. Although it would be really harsh on on coming traffic.
Old 19th September 2014, 17:09   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
That's disappointing. Was thinking of upgrading to the new double barrel headlights for my pre facelift GT TSI. Now this seems not worthy of the hassles.
Please note my observation was just preliminary - so please do not draw firm conclusions here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks