Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2014, 12:28   #2191
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

It was not very clear about the warranty for the suspension so I stuck to the stock size in Michelin xm2 and it's excellent. Enjoying the drive
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 18:44   #2192
BHPian

Well, we've finally gone and booked a GT TSi at EVM Trivandrum. Estimated time of delivery is 4-6 months.

Preferred color is Carbon Steel.

We test drove the GT TSI about 2 months ago and loved the car both for its looks and performance. Could wish for a few features though - like rear disc brakes.

Anyway, we are really looking forward to adding this little guy to the garage to complement our Vento TDI (another great car).

This is for my wife's use although I will be driving it occasionally (you can bet your life on that). She is currently at 7 months and due in December, so will need the car to shuttle to feed the new baby.

Which brings up a question : With one main driver (my wife) who is rather conservative and one occasional driver (me) who can sometimes be a little adventurous, how will the DSG 'box adapt? Can/should we expect any issues?

Pleas let me know.
Old 3rd October 2014, 00:00   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Also, the spare is not a 15 incher. it is 14 inch steel wheel with 170 section. so may need to keep the same spare.

I was under the impression that even the spare is an alloy on the GTs. At least that's what I'd read somewhere. Have they switched from alloy to 14" steel in recent times?
Old 3rd October 2014, 07:45   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
I was under the impression that even the spare is an alloy on the GTs. At least that's what I'd read somewhere. Have they switched from alloy to 14" steel in recent times?

It was in the old model, it is not now. One of the few cheapnesses with VW on the GTs.
Old 3rd October 2014, 21:55   #2195
BHPian

That is sad indeed! Anyhow, I've booked a Polo GT TSi in Carbon Steel. Hope I get to join the club soon!
Old 4th October 2014, 09:50   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_hi_im View Post
Would the sprint booster help? Also anyone know how much this sells for in India. As far as I know, this retails for ~$300 abroad.
Hi Avi,
I have used the sprint booster extensively, and should say its a smart little devil! Works beautifully.

Unfortunately my success with sprint booster in my earlier Skoda Laura didnt work out good.
I installed the sprint booster and the acceleration was superb, but then within a week, an exhaust hose pipe cracked open in the engine bay, and started making loud exhaust noise from engine area.

I got it replaced, costed around 2k then, and thought it was not related to the Sprint Booster.

I again fit the SB and again within a week that same pipe cracked open.

Now i find it very hard to believe the SB caused it, but as i did a second trial, i was convinced someway the SB is causing the problem.
Strange but true!

So yea, try out the SB, i doubt it should happen, but be prepared for similar.

I have used SB on my BMW, and a few friends BMW/Mercs, and every one is all smiles about it.

The Sb Model you need would be SBDD151/A

Last edited by Insane Devil : 4th October 2014 at 10:04.
Old 4th October 2014, 13:18   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I have done ~8000 km on my GT TSi and I can tell you that it's one "blind car". Are the headlights on the new GT TSi any better?
Completely echo your thoughts - just gone morimoto d2s with 4300k on mine as night vision was getting downright dangerous ! Bit of a levelling issue currently, will sort it out and give an update.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 15:59   #2198
BHPian

Hi guys, had a query, had already posted it in anither ownership thresd, but thought would get more reach here:
if i install 205/55/R15, would i be seeing a drop in mileage? and what about with 195/60/R15?

Hope to be able to pick up my red tsi sometime end next week.
Old 4th October 2014, 16:25   #2199
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I just got my gt tsi last week and after much thought and Bhp advice stuck to the standard size stock tyres but swapped the apollos to Michelin xm2 and am very happy with the result- it's primarily use is as an automatic urban commute and occasionally as a warm hatch ... The tyres live up to that perfectly
gautam99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 16:30   #2200
BANNED

any official update on the new color choices on the GT TSi...??

my cousin is ready to get one for himself after driving mine for a whole day and is just hoping he can get a color other than the current 3 choices.
Old 5th October 2014, 00:17   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
I just got my gt tsi last week and after much thought and Bhp advice stuck to the standard size stock tyres but swapped the apollos to Michelin xm2 and am very happy with the result- it's primarily use is as an automatic urban commute and occasionally as a warm hatch ... The tyres live up to that perfectly
Hi Gautam, thanks for the input. As this is a lovely spirited hatch, i was wondering if the 185 would be sufficient for a peppy drive? how do you feel the 185 performing at high speeds and spirited driving? XM2 is on top of my selection so far.
Old 5th October 2014, 18:28   #2202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Completely echo your thoughts - just gone morimoto d2s with 4300k on mine as night vision was getting downright dangerous ! Bit of a levelling issue currently, will sort it out and give an update.
You installed projectors? Or just HIDs in existing reflectors? HIDs inside reflectors is dangerous. Waiting for details and pics.
Old 5th October 2014, 19:27   #2203

Got my car last week after a long long wait. Just completed 200 kms and loving it.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1.jpg  

bobby74 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 21:30   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
You installed projectors? Or just HIDs in existing reflectors? HIDs inside reflectors is dangerous. Waiting for details and pics.

The morimoto d2s is the projector, the bulb is 4300k HID. Reflectors with HID is a complete no no due to unfocused light dispersal
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 18:11   #2205
BHPian

Hi guys,
I've booked my polo tsi with Sundaram motors here in Chennai.
Has the car price gone up? When I made the booking last month, the ex showroom was 8.13. The new price is apparently 8.32 lakh, and so the new on road price is 9.72 lakh. Can anyone else conform the price hike?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks