Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 12:39   #2101
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

The facelifted GT twins are getting launched today

Source: http://www.motoroids.com/volkswagen-...tions-details/

@diffsoft: congratulations on your new ride

Last edited by lalittalwar : 17th September 2014 at 12:41.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 13:53   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
the fact that VAG is replacing gearboxes free of charge even after expiry of warranty gave me some confidence.
Really? Is it so? Could you please quote some references in support of this claim?
Old 17th September 2014, 14:04   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations Diffsoft!

The pictures may not show it, but the new Carbon Steel is a stunning colour. The black mirrors and spoiler go well with it too.

Get that driver's arm-rest installed right away. It's an absolute must for an AT car. Also, do consider getting better rubber. I know that you'd rather keep it stock for now, but better tyres won't hurt.
@suhaas - I learnt today that it is a stunning colour even for birds. Found copious pigeon droppings in the car rear when parked overnight in my covered car park! It never happened to my black Santro

I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestions; but I want to stagger my spends on her.

@androdev - low expectations help; and certainly a climb down from the L&K Combi close to 7 years ago and at 35% lower price. As long as the car spins on its wheels in a direction at my will it would have exceeded my expectations ... thank you Skoda!!

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 14:24   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Really? Is it so? Could you please quote some references in support of this claim?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...d-free-11.html
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 18:56   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
A very similar experience to mine. I cancelled my City CVT booking in favor of the Vento TSI because of its clear superiority over the Honda. I don't change my cars very often either so this will stay with me for 7+ years. A DSG failure is the primary concern but extended warranty and the fact that VAG is replacing gearboxes free of charge even after expiry of warranty gave me some confidence. Otherwise the sales and ownership experience has been very good, so far.

My only suggestion is that if you were considering the City, the Vento would be a better fit because the Polo will be a little cramped.
Ah, that's reassuring to hear. My City '14 booking was sort of impulsive. I've been from a family of hatchbacks and wanted an upgrade. My fiance drives a 2nd gen city that has close to 95K on the ODO and is serving her well for daily commutes and city driving. Got spoiled by her experience with the drive and heard terrible (mostly exaggerated) VW after sales stories.

One thing led to another and before I knew, I was handing the Honda dealership a cheque. Then I discovered Team-bhp and the rest is history.

The reason I'm considering a Polo is that I wouldn't be carrying a fully loaded car. Most of the time it'll be me and the better half. Very occasionally mum and dad. And no one in my family is very tall or wide, so things should suffice.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll be booking the Polo tomorrow morning. In the rare case that there is terrible waiting, I may squeeze in some more of my savings and go for a Vento. Will have to increase the loan amount and the payment duration.

Cheers!!

Last edited by shinobi803 : 17th September 2014 at 18:59. Reason: Grammar
Old 17th September 2014, 21:01   #2106
Senior - BHPian

From 2nd gen I assume your fiancee is driving the OHC and if your decision to buy the current city is indeed based on the driving experience of that car, you are in for a rude shock.

The NHC, the ANHC & whatever the current one is called are completely different from the driving pleasure that the OHC was (gen 1 & 2).

For today's traffic scenario the Polo AT is the right pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi803 View Post
My fiance drives a 2nd gen city that has close to 95K on the ODO and is serving her well for daily commutes and city driving. Got spoiled by her experience with the drive and heard terrible (mostly exaggerated) VW after sales stories.

And no one in my family is very tall or wide, so things should suffice.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 23:12   #2107

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@suhaas - I learnt today that it is a stunning colour even for birds. Found copious pigeon droppings in the car rear when parked overnight in my covered car park! It never happened to my black Santro

I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestions; but I want to stagger my spends on her.

@androdev - low expectations help; and certainly a climb down from the L&K Combi close to 7 years ago and at 35% lower price. As long as the car spins on its wheels in a direction at my will it would have exceeded my expectations ... thank you Skoda!!

Cheers,
@Diffsoft..congrats on your new GT TSI!!! I must I'm very jealous. Quick Q, though, how long did you have to wait for the car post booking it?

I asked the guys at palace cross & they said that it'll take about 6-8 months. Quite disappointing to be honest. Also, did you happen to get any discounts or did you end up paying INR 979K?
AyRo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 08:03   #2108
BHPian

@AyRo I had booked the car Nov 2013! After I learnt the facelift was due I skipped 3 opportunities to take the car. The color was purely coincidental because my original choice was white and I requested it be changed to Carbon Steel Grey and they happened to ship one.

No discounts. When I tried feeling for it I sensed they were in no mood. That's possibly because they have others in line (who may even pay a premium for jumping the queue).

Cheers,
Old 18th September 2014, 10:45   #2109

Thnx, Diffsoft!!

Any other face-lifted TSI owners from Palace Cross who can provide input on the waiting time for delivery post booking?

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th September 2014, 12:07   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
From 2nd gen I assume your fiancee is driving the OHC and if your decision to buy the current city is indeed based on the driving experience of that car, you are in for a rude shock.

The NHC, the ANHC & whatever the current one is called are completely different from the driving pleasure that the OHC was (gen 1 & 2).

For today's traffic scenario the Polo AT is the right pick.
The abbreviations are a little confusing but it's the dolphin one. I believe that is the second generation.
What put me off in the 14' city was the quality of parts and the inconsistencies with the build. I must have been to the dealership 5-10 times to check out different deliveries, it just left a foul taste overall.

My SA at VW Downtown Mumbai was not present today, will be booking tomorrow. There is a waiting list of 3-4 months for the GT TSI, luckily I am interested in the carbon steel colour - that will be available in the first week of November as per the current allocations. It's a bitch to maintain it, but the ride looks fab. Will be updating the thread with the progress.

Total OTR is coming to a little shy of 9 lakh. Including mud-flaps, mats etc. They are offering to match the insurance amount provided I can beat their offer. So I'm fishing around for a week.

Right now I'm pretty damn excited about the whole thing!!
Old 18th September 2014, 12:42   #2111
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
They are offering to match the insurance amount provided I can beat their offer. So I'm fishing around for a week.

Go to policybazaardotcom, compare quotes. Mail them the cheapest quote you get, they will better it. That' what I did anyway.
DWC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 12:45   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
The abbreviations are a little confusing but it's the dolphin one. I believe that is the second generation.
What put me off in the 14' city was the quality of parts and the inconsistencies with the build. I must have been to the dealership 5-10 times to check out different deliveries, it just left a foul taste overall.

My SA at VW Downtown Mumbai was not present today, will be booking tomorrow. There is a waiting list of 3-4 months for the GT TSI, luckily I am interested in the carbon steel colour - that will be available in the first week of November as per the current allocations. It's a bitch to maintain it, but the ride looks fab. Will be updating the thread with the progress.

Total OTR is coming to a little shy of 9 lakh. Including mud-flaps, mats etc. They are offering to match the insurance amount provided I can beat their offer. So I'm fishing around for a week.

Shy of 9L? I've booked a GT TDI and that's coming to 9.5L. AFAIK the ex-showroom price of both is the same. Are you getting discounts from them, or is it Thane/Navi Mumbai registration?
Old 18th September 2014, 13:05   #2113
BHPian

Hi fellow members, I am in the market for a sporty hatchback and after trying all the cars I have narrowed it down to the POLO GT twins.

Now its incredible hard to decide between the TSi and TDi.

My running is close to 1000 km a month with 600 Km city and 400 Km weekend highway trips.

I feel GT TSi is more value as it offers the 7 speed DSG that is easily worth 1 lac (for me,hypothetically) , also the GT TDi feels expensive as the engine is same as the Highline (so a 65 k premium for 15 ps) but still its a one time spend so GT TDi over highline any day.

I am confused because TDi s are more drive-able and frugal, automatic is automatic.

Fuel costs do concern me BTW. But i end up looking at the TSI as 1 lac cheaper than the TDi just because of the gearbox.

What would be the ideal choice. Please help me decide.

A problem I have with the polo is that due to extremely flat side profile, (sheet metal) the car is very susceptible to parking lot door dings. ( all VW cars are). I am hoping that polo is able to withstand the parking lot abuse although I am very careful while parking).

P.S. - White is the colour of choice.
Old 18th September 2014, 13:30   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Go to policybazaardotcom, compare quotes. Mail them the cheapest quote you get, they will better it. That' what I did anyway.
Ah, thanks a lot. Will do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Shy of 9L? I've booked a GT TDI and that's coming to 9.5L. AFAIK the ex-showroom price of both is the same. Are you getting discounts from them, or is it Thane/Navi Mumbai registration?
Mumbai registration. Extended warranty is roughly 15-20K extra.
Let me get back home later today and pull the price-list out. I'll take a picture for your reference.
As far as I remember, the GT TDI was around 9.2. Not sure though, the price-list will give you a much better idea.
Old 18th September 2014, 13:37   #2115
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Mumbai registration. Extended warranty is roughly 15-20K extra.
Let me get back home later today and pull the price-list out. I'll take a picture for your reference.
As far as I remember, the GT TDI was around 9.2. Not sure though, the price-list will give you a much better idea.
Its definitely more that 9. I got my highline for 8.7.
With extended warranty, et all, it should be closer to 9.5.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks