Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 19:11   #1351
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Thanks Rohan

Looking at the parts list I was curious to know why an Ink Pen costing 1300 odd was needed? And that too 0.3 in quantity

Cheers,
Old 6th December 2013, 19:31   #1352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Looking at the parts list I was curious to know why an Ink Pen costing 1300 odd was needed? And that too 0.3 in quantity
Google search for the part number (LLSMAX220) says it is an epoxy primer can for corrosion protection.

Link

Ink pen sounds too fancy a name for this!
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 21:27   #1353
BHPian

Finally with a heavy heart cancelled my booking of GT TSI, so close yet so far. With booking amount paid, the car in the yard, loan almost approved, my existing car close to sale, the SA informs me the car is billed to another customer !! Next car not before Jan-end Feb. Could not help but cancel the booking, now my search for AT begins again. Will need to fall in love again. Of course the recent recall, and VW still not committing to extended warranty also played its part and gave me second thoughts.
Old 6th December 2013, 23:44   #1354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have got the sump guard installed in my Polo GT TSi. It costed me Rs 10,543.
Part No : 6R0825902A
Awesome.
I got the car today. I will now pursue them to get me the sump guard.
Thank you.
Old 7th December 2013, 20:27   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Awesome.
I got the car today. I will now pursue them to get me the sump guard.
Thank you.
You are welcome. Congratulations for your new car, and enjoy the drive.
May be you could also get the following
- upgrade the bulbs
- upgrade the tyre(may be Michelin P3ST 195/60 R15)
- better floor mats
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 00:56   #1356
BHPian

Anyone else experiencing noisy engine mounts? Regular polos have the hydaulic mounts which are noisy. Does the tsi get the same?
Old 8th December 2013, 04:36   #1357
BHPian

Correction. Vibrations have been isolated to feul n ac lines that rattle against the body. Known issue in the 77tsi motors and is reported by 1.2 tsi owners world wide. Going to dealer tomorrow for a fix.
Old 8th December 2013, 15:44   #1358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
P3ST 195/60 R15)
- better floor mats
Yes, from what I have read, can't have much hopes from the stock Apollos.
But what do you mean by better mats? Car did not come with any! In fact, I asked them for complimentary ones and they threw in some stupid beige ones that do not even lock into the stock holders! Which ones do you have? How can they come up with beige mats for an all black interior!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Anyone else experiencing noisy engine mounts? Regular polos have the hydaulic mounts which are noisy. Does the tsi get the same?
How do you point any noise/vibrations to engine mounts? Are you experiencing it only on start-up/idling?
Old 8th December 2013, 16:07   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
The new Ventos post July-2013 is once again back to mechanical mountings, as hydraulic mountings are expansive. My vento is Sept-2013 is with mechanical(rubber) engine mountings.

Last edited by manjubp : 8th December 2013 at 16:17.
Old 8th December 2013, 18:56   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
But what do you mean by better mats? Car did not come with any! In fact, I asked them for complimentary ones and they threw in some stupid beige ones that do not even lock into the stock holders! Which ones do you have? How can they come up with beige mats for an all black interior!!!
I have also got the black(cheap) rubber mats as the compulsory accessory(I had to pay around 3K for mats and mud guard) from the VW.

I wanted to change it to Kagu Maxpider 3D mats which retails for around 5.5K. After some research found that I could get Star 3D mats for around 2.4K http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_88.htm. Bought the same.

Today it is showing 2.8K(they have increased Rs 400 in 15 days)

These mats are easy to clean, fits pretty nicely, and also has couple of metal strips on the driver side mat(which matches the GT TSi sporty pedals). I am not sure about the durability of this mat because I have used this only for last 15 days.

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 8th December 2013 at 18:57.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 19:11   #1361
BHPian

Quote:

How do you point any noise/vibrations to engine mounts? Are you experiencing it only on start-up/idling?
Its not the engine mounts. Its the feul lines and ac lines vibrating against the chassis rails. VW has a tsb out on the fix.
Old 8th December 2013, 19:22   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its not the engine mounts. Its the feul lines and ac lines vibrating against the chassis rails. VW has a tsb out on the fix.
OK, can you share the tsb? I will show it to my dealer (just like I shared the sump guard part number that Rohan shared). Though my car is just 2 days old and I don't see any noise/vibrations right now.

BTW, Rohit, my service guys checked the part number you shared and explained to me that it's not specified for the TSI. It's only for the TDI and the Bangalore dealer may have done some drilling, etc to fit it on your car as the holes will not match. Is that true?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 8th December 2013 at 19:24.
Old 8th December 2013, 20:31   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, Rohit, my service guys checked the part number you shared and explained to me that it's not specified for the TSI. It's only for the TDI and the Bangalore dealer may have done some drilling, etc to fit it on your car as the holes will not match. Is that true?
Yes, that is true. They had to drill couple of holes to fix the sump guard. May be because of that they charged me a bomb(part just costed around 5.5k, and they charged me more than 10K)
Old 8th December 2013, 22:31   #1364
BHPian

List of common TPIs
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/04ma75fd3jirrm8/BT5pOp14_x

Thanks to VWWatercooled guys for sharing this. The AC/fuel line rattles are not here. Searching for the TSB details.. will post up when i get it.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 07:12   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
List of common TPIs
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/04ma75fd3jirrm8/BT5pOp14_x

Thanks to VWWatercooled guys for sharing this. The AC/fuel line rattles are not here. Searching for the TSB details.. will post up when i get it.

Over the weekend had to make an early morning run to the airport and in the still of the night, with no external noises, I realized there is a rattle in the engine bay in 1st and 2nd gear. It sure does sound like some metal pipes rattling against the body somewhere inside the engine bay. No noise on gears after 2nd. The vibration harmonics must be just right that it makes some rattling noises.

A number of interweb searches have numerous discussions on the same rattle. Need to check this evening if I can locate the AC pipes and fix it. I will post what I find. If it's a simple touching of pipes against the body, some heavy rubber (similar to the ones that are between the hood and the body to prevent vibration) squeezed inbetween the pipes and the body should solve the problem (did this on the STI ages ago).
stumpz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks