Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 14:33   #1231
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Three times my instrument cluster settings and memories got cleared after cleaning it with microfiber cloth. The clock resets to 12:00, the speed limit set is back to ---, the trip computer is back to 0.0 (the Odometer remains at total KM's run so far), the two memories (travel times ,average speed, average kmpl, etc) are back to all 0's.
Has any one else faced the same issue? How to avoid the same?
Most probably a fuse has popped. I suggest you take the car to the service center and tell them the problem. They would replace the fuse for you. Since this is a petty job they shouldn't be charging anything but I am not too sure about that.

Btw, you have received 2 replacement fuses with your car - a 10A (red color) and a 15A (blue color). Both of them may be useless here because the instrument cluster uses the 5A fuse (beige color).
Old 17th October 2013, 17:18   #1232
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Most probably a fuse has popped. I suggest you take the car to the service center and tell them the problem. They would replace the fuse for you. Since this is a petty job they shouldn't be charging anything but I am not too sure about that.

Btw, you have received 2 replacement fuses with your car - a 10A (red color) and a 15A (blue color). Both of them may be useless here because the instrument cluster uses the 5A fuse (beige color).
I dont think so, the instrument cluster is working perfectly but all the values reset to defaults immediately after cleaning. When it happened first time, I thought the cleaning boy must have played around with the buttons, but it happened again when I was wiping the instrument cluster myself.
Old 17th October 2013, 17:37   #1233
BHPian

Quote:

I dont think so, the instrument cluster is working perfectly but all the values reset to defaults immediately after cleaning. When it happened first time, I thought the cleaning boy must have played around with the buttons, but it happened again when I was wiping the instrument cluster myself.
I think you are pressing the reset button by mistake.Or am I missing something?
Old 17th October 2013, 20:34   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post

I think you are pressing the reset button by mistake.Or am I missing something?
I doubt it. It's not so easy to reset the MID on the Polo/Vento. Please get the electricals checked pronto.
Old 19th October 2013, 12:57   #1235
BHPian

Update on the GT:

Clocked 800 Kms so far. Strangely GT has developed annoying rattles after its maiden Highway trip. I can hear squeaking sound even on deceleration/acceleration which is very annoying.

Went to the service center today and they said it is a Door beading issue which is strange considering the car is just 14 days old. Anyways, they have asked to comeback on Monday.
I think I have heard some other users also complain of that issue.
Can someone please throw some light on the same.
Old 19th October 2013, 21:15   #1236
BHPian

The rattle doesn't seem to be caused by Door beading. Rattle is prominent at the driver side door.

Here is the video in which the "tick tick" sound by applying slight pressure on the driver side door can be heard. No such sound is produced by other doors.

Old 21st October 2013, 16:12   #1237
BHPian

Spoke to someone from the vw India, asked them why the gt tsi comes with limited colour options?

Prompt came the answer "sir to maintain exclusivity" I smiled knowing that could not be the answer. I told her to give me a proper answer and not beat around the bush, she said "sir the black headlights look good on these colours it was done to enhance the looks of the front" again calling her BS I smiled and asked her again and told her it's not a big deal to let out this information as most people in the public wouldn't be interested in finding out the answer, she then says " to keep cost of the vehicle down" she then explains giving other colours would mean that customers would also be forced to pay up more money for the specific colour of their choice especially for metallic shades. I then told her what if the customer wants to pay up the money, she replies the market would flood with people talking about an expensive hatchback from VW.

I was satisfied with her answer and it did make sense. Cost would go up by 5k or more, it would bring in bad press for the car, if not much at least a little.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:44   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Spoke to someone from the vw India, asked them why the gt tsi comes with limited colour options?

Prompt came the answer "sir to maintain exclusivity" I smiled knowing that could not be the answer. I told her to give me a proper answer and not beat around the bush, she said "sir the black headlights look good on these colours it was done to enhance the looks of the front" again calling her BS I smiled and asked her again and told her it's not a big deal to let out this information as most people in the public wouldn't be interested in finding out the answer, she then says " to keep cost of the vehicle down" she then explains giving other colours would mean that customers would also be forced to pay up more money for the specific colour of their choice especially for metallic shades. I then told her what if the customer wants to pay up the money, she replies the market would flood with people talking about an expensive hatchback from VW.

I was satisfied with her answer and it did make sense. Cost would go up by 5k or more, it would bring in bad press for the car, if not much at least a little.
Can you also please check why is the waiting period is so long for the Polo TSi?

In Bangalore waiting period for the Polo TSi has gone up to 5 months. So, I was thinking it might be because VW needs to import TSi engines and DSG boxes.

On the other hand, one of my friend went to book the Vento TSi, and the dealer(VW Whitefield) told him that in 2 weeks they could deliver the same. Now I am confused about the actual reason for the Polo TSi delay.

Is the VW pushing the people to buy Vento(instead of Polo) in which VW has more profit margins? Or is the VW incurring losses when they sell Polo TSi ?
Old 21st October 2013, 18:56   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post

As an individual, and I am talking about myself only, I would pay 50 to 70 thousand rupees more for:

1. Bi Xenon's with LED
2. Better Plastics - All black interior no beige
3. Stiffer shocks
4. Bigger wheel size
5. Navigation
6. Leather

Am I asking for too much in this do you think?
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 19:51   #1240
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Can you also please check why is the waiting period is so long for the Polo TSi?

In Bangalore waiting period for the Polo TSi has gone up to 5 months. So, I was thinking it might be because VW needs to import TSi engines and DSG boxes.

On the other hand, one of my friend went to book the Vento TSi, and the dealer(VW Whitefield) told him that in 2 weeks they could deliver the same. Now I am confused about the actual reason for the Polo TSi delay.

Is the VW pushing the people to buy Vento(instead of Polo) in which VW has more profit margins? Or is the VW incurring losses when they sell Polo TSi ?
I have seen new Polo TSI's on road last month and this month as well. Last month one new Black TSI was bought in our apartment and saw one unregistered White TSI on road last week. Three TSI's were delivered, including mine, the day I took my delivery in Sept.
Old 21st October 2013, 20:42   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen new Polo TSI's on road last month and this month as well. Last month one new Black TSI was bought in our apartment and saw one unregistered White TSI on road last week. Three TSI's were delivered, including mine, the day I took my delivery in Sept.
Thanks sdh. How long was the waiting period for you? Who is your dealer?
Old 21st October 2013, 21:24   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Can you also please check why is the waiting period is so long for the Polo TSi? In Bangalore waiting period for the Polo TSi has gone up to 5 months. So, I was thinking it might be because VW needs to import TSi engines and DSG boxes. On the other hand, one of my friend went to book the Vento TSi, and the dealer(VW Whitefield) told him that in 2 weeks they could deliver the same. Now I am confused about the actual reason for the Polo TSi delay. Is the VW pushing the people to buy Vento(instead of Polo) in which VW has more profit margins? Or is the VW incurring losses when they sell Polo TSi ?
The problem emerged when they were a host of electrical equipment to be fitted on a car and trained personnel were few. The other point made was the polo gt tsi was made to improve the image of VW and also garner interest on the tsi engine. Their main intention is to sell vento with 1.2tsi engine rather than the 1.6 automatic. Now all is well and the production is ramped up. You'll get your cars sooner than 5 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
As an individual, and I am talking about myself only, I would pay 50 to 70 thousand rupees more for: 1. Bi Xenon's with LED 2. Better Plastics - All black interior no beige 3. Stiffer shocks 4. Bigger wheel size 5. Navigation 6. Leather Am I asking for too much in this do you think?
Absolutely not! I would love to see those in my car as well. But the guys who call the shots are taking economics and public view of their brand into picture and they do what they determine is best. They see enthusiastic people in a different light and consider the middle class man their main customer. Everything said and done unless we have the support of the govt and Siam raises their bar, Toyota and Honda would be minting money with their long lasting products that our people readily believe, trust and buy.

Quote:
One of the white cars was delivered to my friend in Sanjaynagar, it's a hoot to drive. He had to wait for a month to get delivery.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 21st October 2013 at 21:27.
D'Artagnan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 05:25   #1243
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sdh. How long was the waiting period for you? Who is your dealer?
VW Whitefield and had to wait a little over 2 months.
sdh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:44   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I doubt it. It's not so easy to reset the MID on the Polo/Vento. Please get the electricals checked pronto.
This may not be a coincidence!.
Even I have experienced it in my Vento!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2569599
This makes me theorize that, there must be a hidden switch somewhere near instrument panel to reset all values!
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:40   #1245
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
This may not be a coincidence!.
Even I have experienced it in my Vento!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2569599
This makes me theorize that, there must be a hidden switch somewhere near instrument panel to reset all values!
Is it an ESD issue. May be the cluster is not properly shielded from static discharges and it resets on slightest ESD. I am sure no physical buttons were pressed during the cleaning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks