Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 22:35   #1156
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
That's a bummer. Just hang in there. No car offers you what this does at this price.
I just got a call from my sales guy saying that my car has been dispatched... Will be getting tiny the end of the week. It's been almost exactly 12 weeks. This is the first time I've waited so long for a car!
In that case, your dealership would have got the engine and chassis number information. Which color is it?

For me, sales consultant sent someone to collect loan documents today. When I called him hoping that him would now confirm the billing, he gave his standard reply that he is hopeful that it will get billed in a day or two. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 22nd September 2013, 16:53   #1157
BHPian

Update on my waiting saga.
1. Bank documents submitted.
2. Bank person came home and office to do the verification.
3. Loan approved
4. Sales Associate says that there is no news on the car and the so-called Sr Sales manager won't even answer or pick up any calls.

I honestly have never seen a manufacturer and/or dealership absolutely show such little relationship maintenance effort. I have made 52 phone calls and asked about status all with the promise of a return call, which never happens. Almost 3 months.

I will patiently wait as its still not a consumers market.
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:09   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Update on my waiting saga....

VW and its dealers are behaving as if they have done huge favor to India and its people by launching this product.
To me it appears to be a supply issue rather than an excess demand scenario.
They should make up their mind about whether they want to sell this car in India or not.
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:20   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on my waiting saga.
1. Bank documents submitted.
2. Bank person came home and office to do the verification.
3. Loan approved
4. Sales Associate says that there is no news on the car and the so-called Sr Sales manager won't even answer or pick up any calls.

I honestly have never seen a manufacturer and/or dealership absolutely show such little relationship maintenance effort. I have made 52 phone calls and asked about status all with the promise of a return call, which never happens. Almost 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
VW and its dealers are behaving as if they have done huge favor to India and its people by launching this product.
To me it appears to be a supply issue rather than an excess demand scenario.
They should make up their mind about whether they want to sell this car in India or not.
It seems the european car makers are here in India to do only *business*. They see India as a money machine- cash generator. Whereas in their home markets they behave totally differently.

See the kind of customer friendly initiatives they take in their home markets:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-campaign.html
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:25   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
It seems the european car makers are here in India to do only *business*. They see India as a money machine- cash generator. Whereas in their home markets they behave totally differently.

See the kind of customer friendly initiatives they take in their home markets:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-campaign.html
I think concepts like these are too far from our market. Indian customers are today struggling to get decent levels of A.S.S from many manufacturers.
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:29   #1161
BHPian

I have just booked a Red Polo GT TSi.

First of all, from bottom of my heart I would like to thank "Team-BHP" community in helping me in deciding the Polo TSi. Especially I have enjoyed reading the "ownership experiences" by robimahanta and prithwi-81.

Why Polo GT TSi
I own a Maruti Swift ZXi 2007 model which has just crossed 1,00,000 km mark.

So for the last two years I have been doing research for my next car. I was looking for a hot hatch(fun to drive)/compact SUV(practicality), and shortlisted Ford Ecosport, Polo GT TDI and Polo GT TSi. Finally after taking the test drive I felt TSi is much better to drive.

I am aware of low resale value, lower fuel efficiency, extended warranty issues for the DSG. There was a dilemma between the Head and the Heart, and Heart won the battle. I hope I will not regret this decision.

Booking experience:
On 14-Sep, I had been to Volkswagen Whitefield to take a test drive of GT TSi and GT TDi. Since GT TDi test drive was not available, SA offered me a test drive in a brand new Vento TDi, which I felt had one of the best diesel engines in this segment.
Immediately after this, I took a pretty long test drive in the GT TSi. In one word “Brilliant Hot Hatch”, and gave booking advance without even thinking twice.

SA told me that there is a waiting period of three months, however he would try to deliver the vehicle within 15 days.

Overall, I had a pleasant experience with Dealership.

What next
I need help from the Team-BHP community in deciding the following
1) Michelin Primacy 3 ST tires: I was thinking of 195/60 R15.
Any idea how much money would I get for the stock tires?
Where can I source ST tires in Bangalore, and what is the price?
2) Insurance: I have opted to get the insurance from outside.
Any idea which insurance is better?
Is it preferable to go with VW insurance(i.e Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure economy)?
3) GTi Steering wheel:One of my friend would be coming from USA, so I was thinking of asking him to get the GTi steering wheel with paddle shifters.
Any idea from where can he buy this?
Any help with the part number also would help?
[COLOR=#231F20][/COLOR]
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:44   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Found this interesting. Dont really know if the Polo goes thru the same things

How VW tests its cars

Last edited by sridhu : 23rd September 2013 at 13:46.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:06   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have just booked a Red Polo GT TSi.

Booking experience:

SA told me that there is a waiting period of three months, however he would try to deliver the vehicle within 15 days.

Overall, I had a pleasant experience with Dealership.
I have booked my car at the same dealership as well. I don't want to turn this into a dealer bashing session, but I've been given the same story for about 3 months now (2 more days and it will be 3 months). As of now, from what I gather they don't have any visibility at all on the incoming pipeline. I believe there is an overall lack of visibility from VW to the dealerships.

With a number of BHP-ians booking VWs I was wondering if it would make sense to put together a sheet with booking reference numbers and see if we can decipher and do a sort of predictive analysis based on data about the availability. We used to do this for the STIs and M3s in the US back in the days.

As always welcome the growing group of "I'm waiting for my car".
stumpz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:17   #1164
BHPian

My Black Polo GT TSI has arrived and is waiting for me in the showroom!
Will go and pick it up later today! I have a couple of urgent questions:

1. I want to upgrade to 215/40R17 from the stock 185/60R15 which is the right size for upgrading to 17 inches as it doesn't change the overall diameter of the tyre. Will the brakes be able to handle the bigger rims and is it going to affect the ESP? Also i might go for Bilstein B14 height adjustable sports suspension very soon. Will the ESP get affected by the new suspension? I know the Polo Blue GT(Europe) runs on 215/40 R17 tyres so i am assuming i'll be safe.

2. A set of 4 Borbett 17 inch alloys will set me back by 72000Rs where as 4 Lenso 17 inchers will cost me only 38000Rs. I know that both are lightweight alloys but how about the strength and quality? Is it worth getting the European Borbetts or Korean Lenso's are good as well(in terms of weight, strength, paint quality) etc.

Will be thankful if i get a reply fast as i want to exchange the stock tyres/alloys for the 17 inch tyres/alloys as soon as i drive out of the showroom to the tyre shop so i can get a good price by not wearing them out on the roads

Thanks to the inputs for my previous post, Pruthwi. You are right, the best way to decide is to drive for yourself and it is GT TSI for me no doubt! The turbo petrol, silent engine and DSG auto does it for me!

Last edited by dharmana : 23rd September 2013 at 16:25.
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:45   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmana View Post
My Black Polo GT TSI has arrived and is waiting for me in the showroom!
Congratulations dharmana !!

Quote:
I have booked my car at the same dealership as well. I don't want to turn this into a dealer bashing session, but I've been given the same story for about 3 months now (2 more days and it will be 3 months). As of now, from what I gather they don't have any visibility at all on the incoming pipeline. I believe there is an overall lack of visibility from VW to the dealerships.
I think we should make some noise on Twitter/Facebook. I sent them following tweet yesterday night
https://twitter.com/sahil_khurana/st...36442235342849
No reply till now
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:51   #1166
BHPian

Congrats Dharmana

Maybe we all should do a mini vw gt tsi meet on orr in the coming days

Sahil,Is your dealer the one at kbr park ? the sales staff there give unrealistic promises (telling you from personal experience)
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:12   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Congrats Dharmana

Maybe we all should do a mini vw gt tsi meet on orr in the coming days

Sahil,Is your dealer the one at kbr park ? the sales staff there give unrealistic promises (telling you from personal experience)
Hi Rajesh,

I am dealing with PPS Motors showroom in Somajiguda (Volkswagen Somajiguda).

Dharmana which dealer you got your GT from ?
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:26   #1168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
1) Michelin Primacy 3 ST tires: I was thinking of 195/60 R15.
Any idea how much money would I get for the stock tires?
Where can I source ST tires in Bangalore, and what is the price?
I got Primacy 3 ST tires for my EcoSport from Madhu's enterprises. See this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

The owner Nikhil is very active on that thread, so you can get his contact details and get a quote from him - for the tires and buyback.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:33   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Stumpz. According to the SA they have longer waiting period for the White Polo GT TSi. By any chance have you booked the white color?
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:06   #1170
BHPian

I have booked the red color, but have also informed them that I will take any color that becomes available. Actually, white was my last preference but was willing to be flexible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks