Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2013, 20:55   #1066
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I just went to the nearest (in Vijayawada) VW showroom searching for an automatic car for my father and when I asked about the VW GT 1.2, the waiting period said was 4 weeks. Also in the brochure, there is a mention of extended warranty. As per the brochure, extended warranty is being offered on GT. Just check the brochure of GT. Thanks.
we in india dont have a strong recall policy so; any issue the transmission may have definitely need to insured against. never skip any recommended service.

recommended reading on vw
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/used-...821-2sagz.html
Old 25th August 2013, 21:20   #1067
BHPian

I believe Volkswagen has now sorted out DSG related problems since it emerged six years back. But performance over an extended period of time has to be seen especially in a tropical and humid climate like ours.
Old 26th August 2013, 13:35   #1068

Quote:
So after being bowled over by the car, then comes the shocks. A waiting period of six months ! No extended warranty for GT whatsoever. So now have two tough tasks at hand now. First wait for a long time for my GT and Secondly, start convincing my family to pay for a hatch the sedan money. :-)

I don't think it's impossible to "shorten" the delivery lead time. You might have to be uncomfortably persistent in "pestering" the dealership to arrange for the car asap. I did the same and about to get mine within 4 weeks of booking. Of course, I have offered to pay entire sum at once without any financing and specifically told them that I don't want any discounts or freebies. Will inform once my pocket rocket is delivered in a day or two.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th August 2013 at 13:07. Reason: Fixing quote tags
kamson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 20:37   #1069
BHPian

Got my car and have been driving it around. Brilliant little hatchback. DSG is a bit rough, but I feel its adapting to my driving style. So far 200kms on the car and i feel it getting a bit better at predicting what my right foot wants.

Also I've been having huge complaints about the brake feel in the car. Then after a few dozen forum posts and VW Workshop manual reading, it clicked.. digital car, digital brakes, as in no connection between brake pedal and brake master cylinder. Brake pedal connected to a digital signal generator that goes to brake master cylinder!! Its like drive by wire/electronic throttle. Think of it as brake by wire.. This is why the brakes lack any feel. Whatever 'feel' you get is the stupid feedback from the controller, like a force feedback game pedals.. GEEZUS!! This will take a bit of getting used to.

Space in the car is limited. I'm coming from a brio, and this feels PUNY in terms of space. Almost feel I'm sitting on the rear wheels, and it needs a deadpedal BADLY!!
Old 28th August 2013, 08:49   #1070
BHPian

I test drove this brilliant little car and was blown away by the eagerness of engine and fabulous acceleration. Immediately cancelled booking of Dzire zdi and booked GT.

But SA has no idea on availability and I am getting vague answers like 1-2 months of waiting. I guess other bhpians also had similar experience. I can't wait to get my hands on this car.
Old 28th August 2013, 10:06   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post

Also I've been having huge complaints about the brake feel in the car. Then after a few dozen forum posts and VW Workshop manual reading, it clicked.. digital car, digital brakes, as in no connection between brake pedal and brake master cylinder. Brake pedal connected to a digital signal generator that goes to brake master cylinder!! Its like drive by wire/electronic throttle. Think of it as brake by wire.. This is why the brakes lack any feel. Whatever 'feel' you get is the stupid feedback from the controller, like a force feedback game pedals.. GEEZUS!! This will take a bit of getting used to.

Old 28th August 2013, 11:38   #1072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I'm not convinced dude. Wouldn't that be a bit unsafe? I mean there must be some physical linkage. Because what if an emergency situation happens like with that Audi whose engine turned off while driving, in that case the power supply gets cut and you have no brakes whatsoever?
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 15:08   #1073
Team-BHP Support

If it was brake-by-wire, wouldn't it require a back-up battery for redundancy (by law?)?

Are there laws in place, or is it up to the manufacturer?

Also, @prithwi-81 : could you share more info as to why you say its brake by wire?

cya
R
Old 29th August 2013, 01:27   #1074
BHPian

Polo Brakes are Digital - Control module 03, 10 Adaptation, 09: 0 or 1 or 2

This code alone is what controls your braking. In the 6R, your braking system is 90% identical to any hydraulic braking system except for one thing, the brake pedal itself. It is connected to the braking system as normal but to generate brake pedal "feel" and application ratios of pedal pressure vs caliper clamping pressure, it is connected to a box full of 1's and 0's that sends coded signals to another box that controls the brake master cylinder.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 11:08   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Polo Brakes are Digital - Control module 03, 10 Adaptation, 09: 0 or 1 or 2

This code alone is what controls your braking. In the 6R, your braking system is 90% identical to any hydraulic braking system except for one thing, the brake pedal itself. It is connected to the braking system as normal but to generate brake pedal "feel" and application ratios of pedal pressure vs caliper clamping pressure, it is connected to a box full of 1's and 0's that sends coded signals to another box that controls the brake master cylinder.
Too much Greek Latin for me! How does it stack up against Laura DSG Diesel in 0 to 100 dash and 40 to 100 in-gear acceleration timings? If it is close then it provides an alternative to those who do not require a boot.

BTW, you seem to be stayin' up late night. Enjoying the car, eh! I am not in the market right now for a car but I have to admit you guys are driving me to consider one. Thinkin' of dropping in for a test drive at local dealer. This is one of those cars which you do not need but you want.
Old 29th August 2013, 11:53   #1076
BHPian

Tell me about it. This is totally a greed car. I have the brio and a long list of cars i can use, but after the test drive, it just grows on you. Especially the way this car accelerates!
Old 29th August 2013, 16:37   #1077
BHPian

After playing tug-of-war with the dealership and getting frustrated, I decided to just wait for the car to show up at somepoint this year.

To my very pleasant surprise, the SA called me today and said that my car was "shipped" and I would have it in 10 days. Here's to hoping, as my back problem isn't exactly getting any better driving a stickshift.

On a side note, if I didn't hear from the dealership by this friday I was ready to go and pick up an Altis Auto as they have it in stock. I'm glad they called.
Old 29th August 2013, 17:39   #1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post

To my very pleasant surprise, the SA called me today and said that my car was "shipped" and I would have it in 10 days. Here's to hoping, as my back problem isn't exactly getting any better driving a stickshift.

How long did you have to wait to get this call?
Old 30th August 2013, 08:11   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamson View Post
How long did you have to wait to get this call?
I booked the car on July 24th and got the call yesterday. As always being a pesimist when it comes to dealerships, I wrote them an email asking for confirmation and late last night I get this is writing.

"...still the car is not billed by this month end some cars are getting billed as per booking allocation it will be alloted, i can conform you by month end sir"

Not sure what month he's talking about as he sent this email on the 29th and today is the Month end. First he says "not billed by month end" then he says "will confrom by month end".

Reading between the lines, I guess I'm in for another months' wait atleast.

The Altis is looking to be a better option atleast for my back considering the delay. I'm in the mean time looking at getting Orix or someone else to do a daily pick/drop to my office.
Old 30th August 2013, 22:38   #1080
BHPian

I am also waiting for the dealership people to give atleast a rough estimate. They are not committing to anything and told me that they will inform me once my car gets shipped.
Its really frustrating to be in this situation. I quickly want to replace my ageing Santro which is giving trouble everyday and here I have chosen a car which the dealers are not sure about delivering

I wanted to engage them and called SA to discuss the finance part and I was told that it is too premature to have such a discussion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks