Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 17:53   #1816
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
[*]Although VW has received significant excise benefits (from 27% to 8%) from the engine downsizing, they have not passed on a single penny to the customer of the GT TDI, seems unfair to me![/list]
The on road price list for both GT TSI and GT TDI is lower than last year's on road price here in bangalore. The GT TSI was 9.95L and GT TDI was 10.05L I think last year.

Now both are 9.8L on road.

They haven't passed the benefit but somehow on road price is lower and don't forget there are some upgrades vs the older car to justify not passing the hikes.
Old 21st August 2014, 18:25   #1817
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to a few dealers and all of them except the guys in Saket/Mohan Co-op area are quoting delivery in 3rd week of September, the dealer mentioned above is quoting November end.

Per all dealers the alloys will be different from the previous release. This statement though was quickly followed by the disclaimer "can't say for sure till stocks come in." Stocks are expected in early September.

BTW, in case it is of interest there is a white GT Tsi available off the shelf from the dealer in GT Karnal road. It is a July 2014 manufactured vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
But, what perplexes me is keeping the older alloys
rather than the new ones.

Also, any idea on the expected launch date of the TSi, and the bookings backlog?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 18:43   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I spoke to a few dealers and all of them except the guys in Saket/Mohan Co-op area are quoting delivery in 3rd week of September, the dealer mentioned above is quoting November end.

Per all dealers the alloys will be different from the previous release. This statement though was quickly followed by the disclaimer "can't say for sure till stocks come in." Stocks are expected in early September.

BTW, in case it is of interest there is a white GT Tsi available off the shelf from the dealer in GT Karnal road. It is a July 2014 manufactured vehicle.
I had visited the Saket dealership yesterday to enquire about the status of my booking. turns out the SA who had booked my car has quit and the SA who is now handling my booking shared that they have the info that the manufacturing of the cars has begun, and the deliveries shall commence from September. when I asked about the number of bookings, he mentioned that they now had 26 bookings, so that would be the reason that they are now quoting deliveries in November.

He also said that they have not received any info about the car yet from VW. I plan to knock at their door every week now and pester them to deliver mine in the first batch they receive
Old 21st August 2014, 19:00   #1819
Senior - BHPian

I too was given a similar no. by these guys, the rest quoted a wait list between 6 - 10 cars. You might want to make an additional booking elsewhere and simply cancel the one with the longer delivery of the two.

Another thing the SA who has the white available just texted is that thus far there is no indication of the Carbon Steel replacing the Black.

I hope they bring in Reflex Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
when I asked about the number of bookings, he mentioned that they now had 26 bookings, so that would be the reason that they are now quoting deliveries in November.

He also said that they have not received any info about the car yet from VW. I plan to knock at their door every week now and pester them to deliver mine in the first batch they receive
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 07:13   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Which color do you think will suit best on the GT twins?Just spoke to someone from Volkswagen group Sales India Pvt Ltd and got to know that the GTs are coming in 3 colors: Carbon Steel, Candy White and Flash Red.
I prefer the old Pepper Grey to Carbon Steel. Wish that was available for the new GT. Among the three listed, I would go with Candy White and will make the roof Gloss Black.

VW should really give different colour choices for the GT. A Black would be lovely, now that its is not available in other variants.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:59   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I too was given a similar no. by these guys, the rest quoted a wait list between 6 - 10 cars. You might want to make an additional booking elsewhere and simply cancel the one with the longer delivery of the two.

Another thing the SA who has the white available just texted is that thus far there is no indication of the Carbon Steel replacing the Black.

I hope they bring in Reflex Silver.
Thanks for the info bro, but I booked mine 5 days after after the launch of the facelift, so I expect to be in the front of the queue, and the SA did mention that the major chunk of the bookings have been received in the past 10-15 days. so, I should be safe. but, VW dealers are notorious in helping people jump the queue. So, one needs to watch out.

On the colour options, my SA also mentioned that black will be discontinued. But, I anyway wanted a red, so no loss for me. BTW, when I was looking around, there was a black GT TSI (pre facelift) available with the VW showroom on sohna road and one with VW chandigarh. both of them refused to give discounts, so I thought better to wait for the facelifted car and get it in the colour I want (read as the one high command wants )
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:29   #1822
BHPian

Just FYI: Saw a pre-owned 2014 Polo GT TSI listed for sale at Shaman Auto Mumbai used cars. Anyone interested can pick it up and get immediate delivery.

Wonder why anyone would sell it so soon though.

Note to mods: Posting here as it may help prospective buyers.
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:16   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Just FYI: Saw a pre-owned 2014 Polo GT TSI listed for sale at Shaman Auto Mumbai used cars. Anyone interested can pick it up and get immediate delivery.

Wonder why anyone would sell it so soon though.

Note to mods: Posting here as it may help prospective buyers.
I saw that listing too, but imo the price quoted is just not worth it. 1 lakh less for a used car that has undergone a facelift is not enough for me.
Old 22nd August 2014, 19:15   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I prefer the old Pepper Grey to Carbon Steel. Wish that was available for the new GT. Among the three listed, I would go with Candy White and will make the roof Gloss Black.

VW should really give different colour choices for the GT. A Black would be lovely, now that its is not available in other variants.
I was in two minds about carbon steel before I saw it in the flesh, it actually looks better. Pepper grey can look dull if not washed regularly and in "dirty" weather like what Bangalore has.

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2014 at 16:45. Reason: Do NOT market on Team-BHP. USE OUR CLASSIFIEDS
shefiu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 23:54   #1825
BHPian

Just saw the new updated gt tsi at the vw dealership in bangalore. Nice black interiors with the same upholstery as before. The added on black spoiler seems unnecessary. Would have liked to see the updated meters but it's not there.

The blaupunkt Philadelphia seems like a good option to put in the polo, but the dealers are not taking back the standard head unit. Is there a market for these head units?

Same alloys as before ... Nice

Considering ... As I am looking for an automatic city car to supplement my sedans. Any advice?
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 09:25   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Just saw the new updated gt tsi at the vw dealership in bangalore. Nice black interiors with the same upholstery as before.
Hi,

Which dealership in Bangalore did you see the car?

Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:02   #1827
BHPian

They had one in red at the VW palace cross dealership.
gautam99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:17   #1828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just saw the new updated gt tsi at the vw dealership in bangalore. Nice black interiors with the same upholstery as before. The added on black spoiler seems unnecessary. Would have liked to see the updated meters but it's not there.

The blaupunkt Philadelphia seems like a good option to put in the polo, but the dealers are not taking back the standard head unit. Is there a market for these head units?

Same alloys as before ... Nice

Considering ... As I am looking for an automatic city car to supplement my sedans. Any advice?
I still have my OEM head unit with me. Someone had suggested that it is possible to sell in sp road for 3-4k. Not tried it though.

On buying the tsi, if your sedans take care of most of your needs and the purpose of the AT is basic city use, gt tsi may be an overkill. On the other hand, based on feedback here, once you experience the gt tsi, the other cars may end up sitting in the garage
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:41   #1829
Senior - BHPian

I am considering the GT for the same reason, the AT box. Have decided to sell my sedan, am simply tired of pressing the clutch through the mess on the roads. Wish they had the two door version available or better still the Golf.

BTW, did the guys at the showroom confirm the colour palette? Here in Dilli people are still stuck with Red, White & Black. The New version will reach Dilli only by September, so a confirmation on the carbon steel will be appreciated.

Quote:

Old 23rd August 2014, 19:45   #1830
BHPian

Colors are red white and the new dark grey
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks