Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2014, 23:28   #1666
BANNED

tell me how this works...?

if I make a booking tomorrow and the dealer calls me in a weeks time and says... sir your pre facelift car is ready and you can pay the rest of the amount and take it home.

in this scenario can I say no I'm not paying now to take delivery ? and then can I make a payment next month for the facelift version ?

are there some rules regarding how long my booking is valid or which particular model it is applicable to or when it expires or how soon I need to pay the rest of the money before the booking amount is forfeited ?

Last edited by rana_kirti : 18th June 2014 at 23:31.
Old 18th June 2014, 23:54   #1667
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I think this will depend on how the dealer is willing to negotiate with you.

Our booking story started in April and we have already bought a TSi with this dealer only. For the current booking I have told him that I am paying the booking money for the very 1st TSI that hits your showroom. Since there are rumours and leaks about a silver colour coming up, I have also told him to keep the color option open till the final details emerge about the facelift.
To add to this I am negotiating hard for a pre facelift model before 30th June, which looks highly unlikely.
I think you can press the dealer hard for taking a booking of the facelift model. He will take it eventually since its his sale! On the other hand you can put in a word in his ears about being interested in pre-facelift model 'if' he offers you something great in deal. He will ring you if he has to clear the inventory
Old 19th June 2014, 09:37   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
I apologize if this issue has already been discussed earlier but I could not find the discussion..

I was wondering if any of the present GT TSI owners have faced any issues with the DSG? I'm on the fence right now as to whether to buy the car.. My main concern stems from the issues that have cropped up (mainly I could find articles from Australia and the USA online) with respect to the DQ 200 gearbox..

Have any of the present owners faced any issues? I'm very very tempted to buy the car but this issue is holding me back.. Thanks for the help..
My car has run 14,000 kms in last 7 months. Beside a minor rattling problem(some times while reving hard, there is rattling noise in the engine bay) there are no other issues with the car.

Best thing I like is the easy of drive, instant acceleration, with added sadistic feeling when you overtake bigger cars who tried hard not to allow you.

Since you can avail 2+2 years of warranty, I guess you could forget about the DSG problems.

Go ahead and buy this car, and I am sure you would not regret your decission(like many in this forum).

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 19th June 2014 at 09:43.
Old 19th June 2014, 11:21   #1669
BHPian

Fixedthe rattle. Pretty simple. Move your feul like to the alternate mount in the plastic bracket on the right fender wall mount.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 11:24   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Fixedthe rattle. Pretty simple. Move your feul like to the alternate mount in the plastic bracket on the right fender wall mount.
Hey Prithwi,
Thats great, can you please explain this in little more detail(may be with a photo)?
Old 19th June 2014, 12:15   #1671
BHPian

Here you go. Move line from A clip to B clip.
Old 19th June 2014, 13:57   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Here you go. Move line from A clip to B clip.
Is it similar to http://forum.mypolo.nl/polo-v-6r/361...oplossing.html ?

Mine is already moved to "B", which was one of things done by the VW dealer, and I still get the rattling sound.
Old 19th June 2014, 14:36   #1673
BHPian

Hi Guys.

Need a quick help with my purchase, how and where to check which will be authentic the manufacturing month and year of the car.

Please help at the earliest.

Cheers
Old 19th June 2014, 14:58   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Hi Guys.

Need a quick help with my purchase, how and where to check which will be authentic the manufacturing month and year of the car.

Please help at the earliest.

Cheers
Passenger side of the front windscreen(in the bottom corner) has the VIN/Chassis number, from which you could decode the manufacturing month and year of the car.

Following links should help you
http://www.vwgenuineparts.co.uk/vw_e...d_models.shtml
http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find-...anufacture-vin
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 19th June 2014 at 15:05.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 15:35   #1675
BHPian

Hi,

thanks for your help how to check the manufacturing date and month, the year is 2014 and the month is March. is this normal and ok to proceed or are there any pointers to be followed.

Cheers
Old 19th June 2014, 16:04   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Hi,

thanks for your help how to check the manufacturing date and month, the year is 2014 and the month is March. is this normal and ok to proceed or are there any pointers to be followed.

Cheers
Since the TSi is fast moving item(demand is more than supply), ideally you should have got the car which is manufactured in June(or May) itself. At least I had got the car which was manufactured in the same month.

May be you should do the following
- Check with the dealer about this?
- Also check the odometer reading(if it is above 100 kms may be you should not take this)
Old 19th June 2014, 16:22   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Since the TSi is fast moving item(demand is more than supply), ideally you should have got the car which is manufactured in June(or May) itself. At least I had got the car which was manufactured in the same month.

May be you should do the following
- Check with the dealer about this?
- Also check the odometer reading(if it is above 100 kms may be you should not take this)
I checked with the dealer the odo says 62 kms, the thing is that there was no availability of the car and waiting, I am also personally under this belief that they are creating this waiting period and it not overflow of bookings, they may be all over india get certain number of booking and then get into production.

SA says as black is not a fast moving color so the earlier lot that was manufactured one car was unclaimed by any dealer and with VW itself, now that I am ok to take the black color the dealer got it allocated to them and that's how I am getting it immediately. Colors like white and red might be of more recent months.

Please feel free to comment with your views.

Cheers
Old 21st June 2014, 23:37   #1678
BANNED

I have made up my mind. I will be booking the pre face lift model tomorrow. some reasons...

1. I like the prefacelift look better than the facelift specially the front bumper.

2. I like the pre facelift alloys better.

3. Facelift 2014 could be a bit costlier maybe by 15k to 25k.

4. I don't care too much about the new steering wheel because I'm going to change it to flat bottom.

5. Red is my preferred color so no point waiting for more color options.

6. Facelift models may take time for delivery specially the GT Tsi.

So guys I'm hopefully joining the GT Tsi club soon. I will visit the stock yard to inspect the car as per team bhp guidelines before paying the booking amount. I want to check the odo but it is possible that it can be disconnected and the car be used ? how are we to ever know in such a case ?

I'd be disappointed if the facelifted GT Tsi was tuned for more bhp. Please stop me if anyone has any such info or if the GTI is coming in soon or any other hot hatch launching soon with a turbo+automatic combination otherwise I'm going tomorrow morning...

Last edited by rana_kirti : 21st June 2014 at 23:59.
Old 22nd June 2014, 08:37   #1679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
I have made up my mind. I will be booking the pre face lift model tomorrow.

So guys I'm hopefully joining the GT Tsi club soon. I will visit the stock yard to inspect the car as per team bhp guidelines before paying the booking amount. I want to check the odo but it is possible that it can be disconnected and the car be used ? how are we to ever know in such a case ?

I'd be disappointed if the facelifted GT Tsi was tuned for more bhp. Please stop me if anyone has any such info or if the GTI is coming in soon or any other hot hatch launching soon with a turbo+automatic combination otherwise I'm going tomorrow morning...
Congrats and all the best. Not sure on the odo. But couple of things that can help are:
Personally validate the Vin and decode month and year of manufacture.
VW cars are sent from factory with that white tape like coating. Some of it may be removed when the car reaches. But the cover on bonnet and top is removed only very close to delivery. So your allotted car should have the covering.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 15:09   #1680
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations and I think it is a wise decision. Only significant miss could be the possibility if the engines are upgraded to EA211 family but this is purely speculative at this time. In that case it could be a lot more expensive experience for sure. Had a 2014 Beetle with the 1.8 TSI engine as a rental car for my US trip this week and man, the TSI is sweet and powerful! Would recommend it any day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks