Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2014, 09:49   #1561
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Plus one. I ended up with this choice after looking at 2011/2012 laura TSIs and realizing that I'm unable to go back to manuals. I'm bored of the red, white and black too. I like the new look too, minor or not. Folding mirrors and rear camera confirmed. Am in no hurry, so I'll book immediately post the facelift.
Are you sure about the folding mirrors and rear camera? Power folding mirrors would definitely be a plus for me. Would that mean it would get the integrated LED blinkers or just the electric folding motor?

I'll most probably be placing a tentative booking towards the end of the week, but specifically mentioning that I'd need the car no earlier than July, I.A. I'm not in a hurry either
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:47   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Are you sure about the folding mirrors and rear camera? Power folding mirrors would definitely be a plus for me. Would that mean it would get the integrated LED blinkers or just the electric folding motor?

I'll most probably be placing a tentative booking towards the end of the week, but specifically mentioning that I'd need the car no earlier than July, I.A. I'm not in a hurry either
Well, Autocar says so.. I'll book after the official announcement.
Old 23rd March 2014, 16:35   #1563
BHPian

This would be too good to be true.
Old 23rd March 2014, 18:33   #1564
BHPian

Decided to stop being lazy and Google-searched the Autocar article: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ue-375752.aspx

I think Autocar are making a fair bit of assumptions here. LED headlights would add a fair bit of cost to the car. Right now in India only the premium cars offer this option. If indeed VW is offering this, it would be a segment first with even the next segment up not offering it. I would love to see the European style foldable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators purely because most in the segment already have it, but the recent spy shots clearly show these are not there. This could change by launch day as it would be fairly easy to switch parts. Integrated rearview camera would mean they would need to offer something like an RCD510 with a larger screen, or it could also be like the current package they offer for the Vento - rearview camera integrated into GPS in the rear view mirror as an optional extra.

We most likely won't see a launch for at least another 8 weeks. On one hand the wait for details is definitely killing me. On the other, I'm not really in that much of a hurry to own the car just yet. Dilemmas!
Old 23rd March 2014, 19:59   #1565
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not sure having LEDs in the headlight assembly is a segment-first. If I am not mistaken, the recent i 20 face-lift offers this.
Old 23rd March 2014, 20:05   #1566
BHPian

Instead of having led headlamps,auto-folding mirrors I would like to have steering wheel with paddle shifts and an armrest. But I don't see that happening because if we look at the spy pics of the GT neither the paddle shifts nor the armrest can be seen.
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:13   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Instead of having led headlamps,auto-folding mirrors I would like to have steering wheel with paddle shifts and an armrest. But I don't see that happening because if we look at the spy pics of the GT neither the paddle shifts nor the armrest can be seen.
Led headlamps yes, overkill. Autofold to me is very useful. The armrest and paddles would be great, but I think vagtunes is offering them at a very decent price if we stick to the stock steering..
Old 24th March 2014, 07:40   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Led headlamps yes, overkill. Autofold to me is very useful. The armrest and paddles would be great, but I think vagtunes is offering them at a very decent price if we stick to the stock steering..

I had spoke to Sujesh in November and that time he had only 2 steering wheels,the r-line and another one whose name I cannot recall. Both costed upwards of 65,000 and the armrest costed around 10,000.Which is very expensive if you ask me. I didn't know we could put the paddle shifters on the oem steering wheel as well. Please tell us about it.
Old 24th March 2014, 16:32   #1569
BHPian

Guys, I have crossed 8,000 km, and planning to give the car for the first service(or checkup). I need an advise from the people who have completed first service(which is due at 7,500 km).

Have you made sure that "VW Service" has checked the DSG oil, and made sure that it contains mineral oil (and not synthetic oil which is known to cause DSG failure - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/144370-vw-announces-global-recall-26-lakh-cars-including-7-speed-dsg.html
Old 24th March 2014, 17:49   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
LED headlights would add a fair bit of cost to the car.
You are right. Methinks what Autocar India means is LED DRL's which every OEM seems to be putting on nowadays. DRL's - almost all - are sourced from China/Thailand and the OEM buying price is pretty cheap.
Old 24th March 2014, 22:20   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
I had spoke to Sujesh in November and that time he had only 2 steering wheels,the r-line and another one whose name I cannot recall. Both costed upwards of 65,000 and the armrest costed around 10,000.Which is very expensive if you ask me. I didn't know we could put the paddle shifters on the oem steering wheel as well. Please tell us about it.

http://vagtune.in/index.php/volkswag...etrofit-detail

I thought this would work? The vento armrest would do for me.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 03:15   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
http://vagtune.in/index.php/volkswag...etrofit-detail

I thought this would work? The vento armrest would do for me.
Wow, if this could work, one doesn't have to save up for a Steering wheel swap or worry whether the airbag might not work,etc. Can the mod gurus confirm if such a simple plug-and-play is possible? If this is in fact genuine OEM and costs only 13k, it makes me feel like VW as short short changed GT customers. We all could have had paddle shift without worrying about voiding the warranty.
Old 25th March 2014, 03:27   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Wow, if this could work, one doesn't have to save up for a Steering wheel swap or worry whether the airbag might not work,etc. Can the mod gurus confirm if such a simple plug-and-play is possible? If this is in fact genuine OEM and costs only 13k, it makes me feel like VW as short short changed GT customers. We all could have had paddle shift without worrying about voiding the warranty.
It does work and works well. However, In order to install the paddles, the steering wheel needs to be cut manually which usually causes scuff marks all around the steering wheel and the finish around the paddles is not very optimal. It looks very after marketish.

The Flat bottom steering wheel on the other hand is top-notch and a fantastic piece of equipment. It is absolutely worth every single penny. If you are sourcing one, you can do through Pete's Automotive. They are slightly more expensive and Airbags are guaranteed to work.
azeemhafiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 10:43   #1574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wouldn't add it to the stock steering wheel, like Aseem has said it will not look great. My suggestion is hunt around for a Jetta, or Passat wheel with the paddles, in India or abroad. They will be far cheaper than the 65k quoted and the paddle functionality will work perfectly. It only won't look as good as the flat bottom wheel.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 12:34   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Guys, I have crossed 8,000 km, and planning to give the car for the first service(or checkup). I need an advise from the people who have completed first service(which is due at 7,500 km).
I had got my 6 monthly check up done ,they don't really check for anything except wash the car and give it back to you(unless you have any specific trouble areas which you need to get rectified)

Cost zero

Mine was with mineral from day 1 so no issues there

I plan to take the extended warranty now
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks