Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2014, 06:18   #1411
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Jan 6th is almost over, yet no news of the re-launch?

I think it is too early for VW to officially do a re-launch of a car launched just a few months ago. They can do the tweaks such as new steering wheel with paddle shifts etc. as part of the ongoing update cycles. This is generally VW's style, they keep adding features several times a year, as it happened with the regular Polo last year.
hmmm not sure about the polo gt tsi.
got word from my dealership that there might not be any updates to the 2013 model, at least as far as the vento tsi is concerned and ya deliveries being expected only during the 1st week of february 2014
Old 7th January 2014, 11:33   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
hmmm not sure about the polo gt tsi.
got word from my dealership that there might not be any updates to the 2013 model, at least as far as the vento tsi is concerned and ya deliveries being expected only during the 1st week of february 2014
If true then this is really disappointing. I was hoping for atleast the paddle shift update. Wonder why they stopped the production if they were not going to update the car.
Old 7th January 2014, 18:39   #1413
BHPian

Upgraded my tyres to 205/50 16 yoko AR01. Initial observations - car feels way more planted and the turning and steering feel has improved but experiencing distinctive loss in acceleration :(

Since the car is still in the run in phase, hopefully things will improve. And I have the Pete's remap ordered but pending as well. But at this point, I'd recommend to get grippier stock or 205/55 r15 with lightweight alloys for the seat in the pants feel.

No regrets on the cosmetics front though - the wheel wells fill in nicely and the car looks a million bucks with the new wheels.
Old 7th January 2014, 19:12   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Updated my suspension.

And the R-Line badging. No fake gti for me.
Looking good Prithwi! Would have made a substantial difference to your lap time during the autocross! How did it work out? Give us some sense on what it is to drive like.
Old 7th January 2014, 22:10   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Upgraded my tyres to 205/50 16 yoko AR01. Initial observations - car feels way more planted and the turning and steering feel has improved but experiencing distinctive loss in acceleration :(

Since the car is still in the run in phase, hopefully things will improve. And I have the Pete's remap ordered but pending as well. But at this point, I'd recommend to get grippier stock or 205/55 r15 with lightweight alloys for the seat in the pants feel.

No regrets on the cosmetics front though - the wheel wells fill in nicely and the car looks a million bucks with the new wheels.
Told you not to get heavy wheels.

As for the ride and handling, all I can say is go kart. The damping settings are a bliss for daily driving. How much did this affect autox times? Most winner n runner up had a time delta of 0.1 to 1.7 seconds. I had a 10 sec lead in semifinals with the suspension setup (ealier it was 1.3 secs with stock setup), and decided to go easy in the final round to avoid cone penalties and ended up with a 7 sec difference from the runner up. ESP was a real pain tho, but xds really helped.
Old 8th January 2014, 17:09   #1416

Quote:
Dont get hyper folks.. Lets just wait and see what comes in the Jan/Feb update. As it is very few TSI's were delivered in Dec. All were told that their delivery is delayed. Most likely the first lot of the 2013 Polo TSI's are over.

The information states - "Exterior changes, center armrest and paddle shift steering wheel are standard".

Now what exactly the exterior changes are .. no one knows. And also the info says paddle shift steering wheel NOT flat bottom GTI/R-Line wheel. There is a difference. So dont go selling ur pre-ordered Euro parts in anticipation.
Just got the call from dealer, car has been allocated to me and is in transit. Excepted delivery date will be 18 Jan. As per the VIN number provided it is a Jan 2014 manufactured car. As per the dealer there is no change in feature list.

Prithvi: can you confirm your source of information regarding feature change.
Old 8th January 2014, 17:28   #1417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin26 View Post

Just got the call from dealer, car has been allocated to me and is in transit. Excepted delivery date will be 18 Jan. As per the VIN number provided it is a Jan 2014 manufactured car. As per the dealer there is no change in feature list.

Prithvi: can you confirm your source of information regarding feature change.
Good for you! When did you book the car?
Old 8th January 2014, 17:53   #1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

Good for you! When did you book the car?
I booked the car in Nov. Got a car allocated in Dec as well. On checking the VIN came to know car was April made so refuse to take the same. Later dealer confirmed that the car was allocated in error and they have returned the same to VW which I doubt. I am sure they would have sold the same to some noble soul.

This time the dealer called me with the VIN number to confirmed that a Jan 2014 make.
Old 8th January 2014, 23:55   #1419
BHPian

yes started getting january 2014 make vin numbers for the vento tsi too!!
the early birds like yours truly though have to make compromises on the colour availability .
one thing i noticed from the VIN number was that the model year too is showing as 2014.
if that is the case then doesn't the chances of a minor facelift or upgrades come into the picture?
Old 9th January 2014, 03:54   #1420
BHPian

Hi team,
Got back home to my ride after a 5.5 months gap. I Confronted local dealer regarding DSG recall, but the SM said that select VINs are being picked up for the box oil change across India and none of the cars sold by them were listed. I asked him to share the VIN list and he duly refused. Is the DSG oil change part of the 1year/15k km service, if so can we insist on them to fill in mineral oil?
Also I was advised to use a certain fuel additive (one time use) costing some Rs.1800 and this is supposedly VW India's suggestion. I didn't pick one up since I had just tanked up, can anyone else confirm this?
Old 9th January 2014, 16:40   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Also I was advised to use a certain fuel additive (one time use) costing some Rs.1800 and this is supposedly VW India's suggestion. I didn't pick one up since I had just tanked up, can anyone else confirm this?
Fuel additive sounds like a bogus tactic to make some money. Your fuel line keeps getting flushed by the new fuel filled there's no way a fuel additive used once (only once) can make your ride better. It'll temporary make it better until the effects wear out.
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 12:07   #1422
BHPian

I have been using 97 octane fuel since i purchased the car. A friend of mine wanted to purchase a tsi and drove my car for a bit then he went to vw south and test drove their TSI and his initial reaction was that whereas my car was more free revving the test drive car was quite sluggish, in my car with the gear selected to sports mode and traction control off there was quite a bit of tyre squeal when accelerating from stop whereas in the VW car the same was not the case. I was wondering could it be because of use of premium fuel vs normal unleaded?
It seems also the case that on the European vw, skoda, seat forums majority of the people are using premium fuel but in India the vw dealers always state that the tsi does not require premium fuel. But in the car manual and fuel lid it says to use premium fuel.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:47   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
I have been using 97 octane fuel since i purchased the car. A friend of mine wanted to purchase a tsi and drove my car for a bit then he went to vw south and test drove their TSI and his initial reaction was that whereas my car was more free revving the test drive car was quite sluggish, in my car with the gear selected to sports mode and traction control off there was quite a bit of tyre squeal when accelerating from stop whereas in the VW car the same was not the case. I was wondering could it be because of use of premium fuel vs normal unleaded?
It seems also the case that on the European vw, skoda, seat forums majority of the people are using premium fuel but in India the vw dealers always state that the tsi does not require premium fuel. But in the car manual and fuel lid it says to use premium fuel.
Imho, the premium feul is a must for all turbo cars, it makes a night and day difference. If you cant afford 97 atleast stick to 93 or speed.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 14:05   #1424
Senior - BHPian

In a price sensitive market such as ours, nobody would buy cars where premium fuel is recommended up front. Not even 1% of owners open up the vehicle manuals and will never know what is printed in there. For the majority the words from the SA and others at the dealership are good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post

Rather than Speed or Power or Xtra Mile, money is better spent on 93 Octane.

The S, P & X are nothing but plain old normal fuel + cleansing additives which keep the injectors from gumming up.

93 is higher Octane fuel that has a higher calorific value(more power for same volume burnt) and burns cleaner, so more power and less gumming in any case.

Quote:
Imho, the premium feul is a must for all turbo cars, it makes a night and day difference. If you cant afford 97 atleast stick to 93 or speed.

I personally get an initial fill of 1000 bucks of the 93 and then fill up the rest with normal fuel. While not as good as a a tankful of 93, this "tadka" also helps in the engines running eager & peppier than usual.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 14:21   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I personally get an initial fill of 1000 bucks of the 93 and then fill up the rest with normal fuel. While not as good as a a tankful of 93, this "tadka" also helps in the engines running eager & peppier than usual.
Thats a neat trick.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks