Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2014, 13:14   #1621
BANNED

yep I want to know for sure if there are going to be any changes in the interiors ? because I kind of like the current exteriors better than the the facelift version.

also can we expect an alloy design change with the face lift ?

if I'm correct then the handling, space, power etc should remain the same with the face lift no ?
Old 18th May 2014, 23:09   #1622
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Is the 3 year insurance and extended warranty plan applicable for the GT TSI? The last time there were special offers on the Polo, these were only for the volume models and not the GT models.
I'm not sure mate,check with dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I'm in the same boat. However, I'm willing to wait and see if the 1.5 diesel plus dsg arrives. I'll jump ship from tsi to tdi then.
Waiting game
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
yep I want to know for sure if there are going to be any changes in the interiors ? because I kind of like the current exteriors better than the the facelift version.

also can we expect an alloy design change with the face lift ?

if I'm correct then the handling, space, power etc should remain the same with the face lift no ?
Few websites claim VW will offer new interior too but there's no spy shot captured yet of new interior.
Yes we can expect new alloy design as last time when facelift came vw changed the alloy deal.
Maybe or maybe not
Old 20th May 2014, 16:33   #1623
BHPian

I have got a call from the dealer(Whitefield, Bangalore) asking me to bring my car for the DSG fix, which would include following
- Gearbox oil change(from synthetic to mineral)
- Software update
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 12:33   #1624
BHPian

Can some one confirm if the TSI polo comes only with Black, White and Red colors?
Old 21st May 2014, 12:54   #1625
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvb View Post
Can some one confirm if the TSI polo comes only with Black, White and Red colors?
Yes, the GT TSI and TDI are available in black, white and red only.
DWC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 15:41   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
OK, can you share the tsb? I will show it to my dealer (just like I shared the sump guard part number that Rohan shared). Though my car is just 2 days old and I don't see any noise/vibrations right now.
BTW, Rohit, my service guys checked the part number you shared and explained to me that it's not specified for the TSI. It's only for the TDI and the Bangalore dealer may have done some drilling, etc to fit it on your car as the holes will not match. Is that true?
Hi Anand, I guess you are still interested in sump guard for your car. Just came across "VW polo gt tsi rough road package complete retrofit kit" from Vagtune(http://vagtune.in/index.php/volkswag...fit-kit-detail).
This looks like a sump guard, but I am not very sure. May be you should call them and find it out.
Old 31st May 2014, 15:15   #1627
BHPian

Does anyone has experience in installing aftermarket paddle shifters on their car ?
While few have replaced the whole steering wheel altogether with the one of GTI, i found this retrofit economical enough and without the worry of airbag issue for new steering wheel
http://vagtune.in/index.php/volkswag...etrofit-detail
Old 31st May 2014, 19:58   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Does anyone has experience in installing aftermarket paddle shifters on their car ?
While few have replaced the whole steering wheel altogether with the one of GTI, i found this retrofit economical enough and without the worry of airbag issue for new steering wheel
http://vagtune.in/index.php/volkswag...etrofit-detail
Hi Sam, Even I am contemplating about this for quite long, and thought I could share some of my experiences
- Petes charges around 78k for the GTI steering
- Vagtune(india) charges around 68K for the R Line steering wheel
- Ebay.com sells GTI/RLine steering for around $500(along with the airbag). When I checked with Petes, they said they will not do the the installation.
- One of robimahanta's friend has installed the "aftermarket paddle shifters" from VagTune, which costed him around 13.6K. According to him, it is quite functional, but backside of the steering wheel needs to be cut(small cut) to install the paddle shifter. So, I am little skeptical about the aesthetics. I am going to check the car(along with the aftermarket paddle shifters) next weekend, and then decide whether to go for this or not.
- In vagtune.com, same is available for 5.6k(http://vagtune.com/index.php/volkswa...tail?showall=1)
Old 1st June 2014, 09:46   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I am going to check the car(along with the aftermarket paddle shifters) next weekend, and then decide whether to go for this or not
That will be great
Please post pics of the mod if possible.
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:54   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Birdie chirps that there may be an option in the GT TSi face lifted Polo for customers to opt for the paddle shift steering wheel.
Apparently VW wanted this as standard fitment but then the cost & pricing went awry - so they may be offering it as a cost option. Birdie is not 100% sure so its a case of wait and watch for GT TSi lovers.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 14:50   #1631
BHPian

I had a TD of a Polo TSI yesterday. Although I loved the car for its superb engine and DSG I had a very hard time finding a comfortable driving position. It was so bad that I have dropped this car from my list simply because of the poor front visibility. This has been bothering me since yesterday and I can not imagine how a well reviewed and liked German car can offer such poor ergonomics and felt the compulsion to ask this group if its just me? I am 6 ft tall and like to sit upright in my car. The acute slant of the windshield means that in my normal and comfortable driving position (wrt to distance from pedals and steering wheel) my eyes are almost level with the top of the windshield and the rear view mirror becomes a huge obstacle in front visibility.
If I drop the seat height low, I have to push the seat all the way back for my legs to fit. In that position, I feel that I am seated too low. I just could not find any position despite of having a height adjustable seat, that would offer me good visibility and ergonomics.
I find that the sitting position in my Swift VDI is much better despite of lacking height adjustment.
Old 4th June 2014, 15:28   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Birdie chirps that there may be an option in the GT TSi face lifted Polo for customers to opt for the paddle shift steering wheel.
Apparently VW wanted this as standard fitment but then the cost & pricing went awry - so they may be offering it as a cost option. Birdie is not 100% sure so its a case of wait and watch for GT TSi lovers.
What else can the birdie chirp? Will there be a Xenon fitment option?

Cheers,
Old 4th June 2014, 15:53   #1633
Distinguished - BHPian

Also does the birdie say anything about whether the updated EA211 engine made available in the international Polo face lift will be offered here or is it going to be the same EA 111 engine as available currently? My hope is that since the engine is imported and if the source plant converts over to making the new EA211 engine, then we will get it in India as well automatically during the face lift process.
Old 4th June 2014, 16:50   #1634
Distinguished - BHPian

I was very puzzled by this birdie in a couple of posts. Who is this birdie, I wondered. What is this birdie?

Now I realise that it must be one of those little birdies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
I am 6 ft tall and like to sit upright in my car. The acute slant of the windshield means that in my normal and comfortable driving position (wrt to distance from pedals and steering wheel) my eyes are almost level with the top of the windshield and the rear view mirror becomes a huge obstacle in front visibility.
If I drop the seat height low, I have to push the seat all the way back for my legs to fit. In that position, I feel that I am seated too low. I just could not find any position despite of having a height adjustable seat, that would offer me good visibility and ergonomics.
I find that the sitting position in my Swift VDI is much better despite of lacking height adjustment.
I am a couple of inches shorter, but I think something is wrong too. I guess I have come to live with it, and don't notice too much. One major fault is the position of the RVM. It could easily have been just a little higher. As it is, I have to put the seat much lower than I normally would so that I can easily see the road ahead.

I've replaced one piece of glass, but sadly, it was the rear screen that got smashed. If I ever have to replace the front screen, I'll instruct that the RVM is not glued back in the exact same place.
Old 4th June 2014, 17:11   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post

This has been bothering me since yesterday and I can not imagine how a well reviewed and liked German car can offer such poor ergonomics and felt the compulsion to ask this group if its just me? I am 6 ft tall and like to sit upright in my car.
I can completely understand what you mean torque!! and agree 100% with you. I recently TD'ed GT TDi and the only thing I loved about that drive was that Magic under the hood.

I am 6ft as well and currently own a Getz Prime, which has an adjustable Steering column but not height adjustable seats. Yet finding a good seating position is quite easy vis-a-vis GT TDI, which I struggled for a while. I quickly figured out couple of stuffs that might help:

1. Polo is really low and tall drivers may find the headroom insufficient. So I put the steering to a low position, telescopically all the way inside. This helped improve my front visibility to a great extent.

2. I did not increase the seat height. Instead, increased the inclination of the seat and pushed the seat back to the last but 3rd or the 2nd notch. This really made me a lot more comfortable.

Polo is probably not the best designed car ergonomically and if one adjusts the seats like the way I have mentioned above, quite literally only 3 people will be able to sit inside.

But all is Forgiven & Forgotten once you Unleash those 104 German Stallions on the road !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 4th June 2014 at 17:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks