Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 12:12   #1651
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
That will be great
Please post pics of the mod if possible.
Last Saturday, I met Robi's friend(Ashok) who has paddle shifters installed on his car.

Details of the product/installation:
- Bought it from Vagtune(http://vagtune.in/index.php/volkswag...etrofit-detail).
- Approximate cost Rs 13,600.
- Genuine VW product, along with the Plug-Play installation.
- Installation would need a small cut behind the steering wheel(same could be seen in the photo which has some open stitches).
- Installation was done by Sugesh from Vagtune.
- Owner is pretty happy with the installation. According to him it is functional.

Cost wise comparisons:
- This seems to be the most cost effective, compared to buying the GTI/R line steering. However, is not a perfect fit(you could see some open stitches behind the steering).
- Some people(Leo_Rulez) have got the R Line Steering(along with the airbag) for around $530, and got it installed from VW Dealer(for Rs 480).
- Other people(Robi) got GTI steering installed from Petes. When I checked with Petes, he is quoting Rs 78,000.

What would I do:
I guess any of the above mods would void the warranty, so I will wait for the Polo facelift. In case it comes with the paddle shifters, then most likely, VW could offer same paddle shifters even for the older Polo TSI.

In case facelift does not come with the paddle shifters, then I would try to get the GTI/R Line steering from abroad(like Leo_Rulez).

@Robi : Big thanks to you for introducing to your friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-front.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-back.jpg  

shetty_rohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 12:17   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I guess any of the above mods would void the warranty, so I will wait for the Polo facelift. In case it comes with the paddle shifters, then most likely, VW could offer same paddle shifters even for the older Polo TSI.

In case facelift does not come with the paddle shifters, then I would try to get the GTI/R Line steering from abroad(like Leo_Rulez).
This would be true for any modifications. However, the warranty would be void only for the installed component, in this case the paddle shifters.

Whatever the case maybe, its always best to stand close to your vehicles whist being serviced. The technicians at most of these service centers are more like 10th pass and would simply love to tweak your modified stuff for their R&D, and then blame you for the mods.
Old 16th June 2014, 12:24   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
This would be true for any modifications. However, the warranty would be void only for the installed component, in this case the paddle shifters.
Hi nitinbose, I guess this is not true "warranty would be void only for the installed component, in this case the paddle shifters."

For instance, if the DSG conks out, then dealer might blame it on Paddle shifter installation.
Old 16th June 2014, 12:26   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi nitinbose, I guess this is not true "warranty would be void only for the installed component, in this case the paddle shifters."

For instance, if the DSG conks out, then dealer might blame it on Paddle shifter installation.
Ah Yes, the dealers can always blame on anything & everything. They'd still blame you for bad driving practises though you haven't installed anything extra. How would you prove your driving practises to be correct?

Which is why I'd asked you to go through my post on the recent horrendous experience with my Skoda dealer.
Old 16th June 2014, 18:17   #1655
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
One of my friends own a Polo TSI and he's noticed the following behavior with the car:

1. The car Jerks when downshifting from 3rd gear to 2nd, sometimes accompanied by a sudden braking effect. This is erratic. Started after the first service (7000 kms/1st year). Service was done at VW Trivandrum. When taken to service center, they said it might be due to a faulty engine mount. During first service, the service advisor said they had run a DSG calibration test and it would not introduce any new issues.

2. Rattle sound from under the hood on downshifts (all gears). Can only hear them if you are driving with windows down on narrow roads. Just noise, no jerks.

3. The individual park lamps would not turn on if the indicator stalk is left ON (to left or right) when the car is locked. The manual says it should.

4. RCD320 does not play songs via bluetooth every time. Sometimes the audio file name appears on the deck but with no audio. Fixes automatically on restarting the car.

5. The A/C takes in air from outside intermittently even though it is on recirculation mode. The service center claims it happens when the A/C cuts off and is by design and is the same on every Polo/Vento. But this has happened many times while in traffic and it is not yet time for A/C to cut off. One can smell the exhaust from other vehicles. It is dangerous to have outside air come inside the car when you are in traffic. Also the pleasant smell of the windshield wipe solution always comes into the cabin even though the A/C is on circulation mode when you wash and wipe.

He would like to know if anyone in this forum is having similar issues. If so could you please let me know what you have done to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th June 2014, 19:43   #1656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cost wise comparisons:
- This seems to be the most cost effective, compared to buying the GTI/R line steering. However, is not a perfect fit(you could see some open stitches behind the steering).
- Some people(Leo_Rulez) have got the R Line Steering(along with the airbag) for around $530, and got it installed from VW Dealer(for Rs 480).
- Other people(Robi) got GTI steering installed from Petes. When I checked with Petes, he is quoting Rs 78,000.

What would I do:

@Robi : Big thanks to you for introducing to your friend.
Well, 13K is much cheaper than 78K. If white stitches are the problem, go for black stitching so it will look good .
Old 17th June 2014, 13:19   #1657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Hi Everyone,
One of my friends own a Polo TSI and he's noticed the following behavior with the car:

1. The car Jerks when downshifting from 3rd gear to 2nd, sometimes accompanied by a sudden braking effect. This is erratic. Started after the first service (7000 kms/1st year). Service was done at VW Trivandrum. When taken to service center, they said it might be due to a faulty engine mount. During first service, the service advisor said they had run a DSG calibration test and it would not introduce any new issues. Edit: Looking at your post once again, It may not be this issue. Since this was something that is there from the beginning and noticeable even in Test drive cars.

2. Rattle sound from under the hood on downshifts (all gears). Can only hear them if you are driving with windows down on narrow roads. Just noise, no jerks.

3. The individual park lamps would not turn on if the indicator stalk is left ON (to left or right) when the car is locked. The manual says it should.

4. RCD320 does not play songs via bluetooth every time. Sometimes the audio file name appears on the deck but with no audio. Fixes automatically on restarting the car.

5. The A/C takes in air from outside intermittently even though it is on recirculation mode. The service center claims it happens when the A/C cuts off and is by design and is the same on every Polo/Vento. But this has happened many times while in traffic and it is not yet time for A/C to cut off. One can smell the exhaust from other vehicles. It is dangerous to have outside air come inside the car when you are in traffic. Also the pleasant smell of the windshield wipe solution always comes into the cabin even though the A/C is on circulation mode when you wash and wipe.

He would like to know if anyone in this forum is having similar issues. If so could you please let me know what you have done to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.
Some inputs.

1. This is not a problem. It is a behavior that I think everybody has. Not sure exactly why it happens, but it is nothing to be worried about. You can search this thread or the major ownership reports where this has been discussed. Also, I noticed that this was more pronounced when I spent 2 weeks in Calicut in peak summer. Looks like the heat and humidity makes this more pronounced.

2. Again, something that is characteristic of this car. I remember Bhpians prithvi_81, shetty_rohan had described a similar issue in detail and also had done something for it. It is not anything to worry about

4. I remember this being discussed in the Vento TSI Thread. But do not remember if it was a problem or a one off scenario. Searching the thread for Bluetooth issues should throw up the relevant posts.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 17th June 2014 at 13:22. Reason: Edited point 1
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 22:43   #1658
BHPian

hello fellow BHPians

I need an urgent advice from the existing TSi owners.
I am planning to buy a TSi for my mom. The car has been finalized based on the comfort and riding stance as this is going to be her 1st car.

Bhopal Volkswagen has quoted me TSi for 9.27, and a 5k discount on insurance over and above this. This also includes a 13k odd leather seat package which I might let go. As per BSM, all the models are on discount except the TSi (http://www.bsmotoring.com/news/right...buypolo/9082/1). This has been confirmed by the dealership as well.
We know that the excise duty benefit from the interim budget is about to expire by June end. This, and the premium of the new model will make the cost go upwards. (More than 10L on the road bhopal?) Is the new model worth the price. We dont mind waiting a little longer. Many thanks in advance
Old 18th June 2014, 07:16   #1659
BANNED

I'm in the same dilemma. wanted to book gt tsi yesterday. had shared my experience with an SA in the regular polo thread.

Basically He told me that most probably only the 1.2 na petrol and 1.5 diesel will see a facelift where as the gt tsi will not be face lifted as it will make the on road cost go from 9 lakhs to 10 lakhs. so he told me to book the current version fast or else I might have to buy the new version at a much higher price.

I'm not sure if the face lift changes be going to cost 1 lakh more.

experts any estimates ? generally how much more do face lift models cost over older versions at launch ?

Last edited by rana_kirti : 18th June 2014 at 07:23.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:21   #1660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
hello fellow BHPians

I need an urgent advice from the existing TSi owners.
I am planning to buy a TSi for my mom. The car has been finalized based on the comfort and riding stance as this is going to be her 1st car.

Bhopal Volkswagen has quoted me TSi for 9.27, and a 5k discount on insurance over and above this. This also includes a 13k odd leather seat package which I might let go. As per BSM, all the models are on discount except the TSi (http://www.bsmotoring.com/news/right...buypolo/9082/1). This has been confirmed by the dealership as well.
We know that the excise duty benefit from the interim budget is about to expire by June end. This, and the premium of the new model will make the cost go upwards. (More than 10L on the road bhopal?) Is the new model worth the price. We dont mind waiting a little longer. Many thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
I'm in the same dilemma. wanted to book gt tsi yesterday. had shared my experience with an SA in the regular polo thread.

Basically He told me that most probably only the 1.2 na petrol and 1.5 diesel will see a facelift where as the gt tsi will not be face lifted as it will make the on road cost go from 9 lakhs to 10 lakhs. so he told me to book the current version fast or else I might have to buy the new version at a much higher price.

I'm not sure if the face lift changes be going to cost 1 lakh more.

experts any estimates ? generally how much more do face lift models cost over older versions at launch ?
Is the TSI available quickly in your city? Here in Bangalore, dealers are quoting 6-8 months waiting. In such a scenario, since the face-lift is expected to be out in the next month or 2, one can always book now and the booking should automatically switch to the face-lift for the TSI models, since I don't think they will have old stock of the TSI lying around.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:48   #1661
BANNED

yes this dealer has a white and a red in stock in his stockyard. he said manufactured in april. he's asking me to buy fast as new face lift will be 10 lakhs. i don't know what to do.
Old 18th June 2014, 11:04   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
yes this dealer has a white and a red in stock in his stockyard. he said manufactured in april. he's asking me to buy fast as new face lift will be 10 lakhs. i don't know what to do.
Catch-22. Its debatable if the face-lift will have such a significant price increase. There definitely will be an increase but such a high one? I'm not so sure.

The SA could be trying to clear out his stock for the face-lift before it hits his yard, thereby reducing the need to offer high discounts. Also, his contradicting statements that the TSi will not get a face-lift and then saying that it would cost a lot more surely raises eyebrows.

IF you're in a hurry and don't see a reason to get the face-lift, bargain the heck out of his current inventory.
Old 18th June 2014, 11:11   #1663
BANNED

although honestly speaking i like the design of the current polo better than the facelift including the alloys design but one of the main reasons i'm contemplating the facelift is because i was reading a few reviews on the new face lifted 2014 polo and it seems vw have updated the steering system from the electro hydraulic setup to a new electro mechanical setup which has made it more responsive and quicker.

can we expect this new setup here in india too ?
Old 18th June 2014, 17:07   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
Have any of the present owners faced any issues? I'm very very tempted to buy the car but this issue is holding me back.. Thanks for the help..

1000kms of pedal to metal driving since i bought it in June last year and no issues relating to the gearbox.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th June 2014 at 17:33. Reason: fixing the quote tags
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 22:12   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Catch-22. Its debatable if the face-lift will have such a significant price increase. There definitely will be an increase but such a high one? I'm not so sure.

The SA could be trying to clear out his stock for the face-lift before it hits his yard, thereby reducing the need to offer high discounts. Also, his contradicting statements that the TSi will not get a face-lift and then saying that it would cost a lot more surely raises eyebrows.

IF you're in a hurry and don't see a reason to get the face-lift, bargain the heck out of his current inventory.
Quote:
although honestly speaking i like the design of the current polo better than the facelift including the alloys design but one of the main reasons i'm contemplating the facelift is because i was reading a few reviews on the new face lifted 2014 polo and it seems vw have updated the steering system from the electro hydraulic setup to a new electro mechanical setup which has made it more responsive and quicker.

can we expect this new setup here in india too ?
exactly my point. 30th June is when duty benefit given by previous government expires. Unfortunately I havent found a white TSI in Bhopal / Indore and even Mumbai. Excise duty hike + customary facelift price revision may take the price above by 50-60k. Excise duty benefit might be extended, but it looks unlikely till the new budget is presented. Its really a catch 22 position. Unfortunately the dealership is also aware of this situation and is not willing to cooperate.
Unfortunately, NO DISCOUNT, whatsoever for TSI. At 4 showrooms in 4 cities I have enquired and this is the story :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks