Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 13:42   #1801
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

ah!!! some good news after a long weekend. the all-black interior is indeed great news, but the old generation alloys are not. I am ok with the blacked out wing mirrors and spoiler.

I couldn't see any pictures of the interiors, and it is difficult to make out the seat cover colours, except that they are dark. L-shaped rear headrests can be seen. would love to see some pictures of the interior. I was most concerned about the interiors as the highline in the new polo came with beige interiors and the silver accents. but the SA kept assuring me that the GT TSi will be all black. Now I am relieved.

But, what perplexes me is keeping the older alloys rather than the new ones.

Also, any idea on the expected launch date of the TSi, and the bookings backlog?
Old 18th August 2014, 21:11   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
ah!!! some good news after a long weekend. the all-black interior is indeed great news, but the old generation alloys are not. I am ok with the blacked out wing mirrors and spoiler.

I couldn't see any pictures of the interiors, and it is difficult to make out the seat cover colours, except that they are dark. L-shaped rear headrests can be seen. would love to see some pictures of the interior. I was most concerned about the interiors as the highline in the new polo came with beige interiors and the silver accents. but the SA kept assuring me that the GT TSi will be all black. Now I am relieved.

But, what perplexes me is keeping the older alloys rather than the new ones.

Also, any idea on the expected launch date of the TSi, and the bookings backlog?

The older alloys actually look better than the new ones. I was wondering why VW ditched them in the first place. Glad that the GT variants retain them.
It would have been welcome if the GT variants got rear discs and a front armrest. Not sure why VW believes in subtle changes alone. The blacked out mirrors and spoilers do not make sense and add no value to the premium pricing.

Plus the cheap GT TSI sticker continues!!
Old 18th August 2014, 22:34   #1803
BHPian

Finally a Scoop! Had been waiting for some news on the GT facelift and finally here it is.

I personally prefer the older alloys, I think the newer ones were more on the staid and luxurious side, not sporty as should be on a GT.

All black interiors have always been my dream. (Have been drooling over the A3's all black interior ). These new interiors can be compared to the 2014 Cross Polo's interior except the Piano Black finish.

Link:http://indianautosblog.com/2014/08/2...iveries-141546

Let the daydreams commence.
sidparekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:30   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit-Dude View Post
The older alloys actually look better than the new ones. I was wondering why VW ditched them in the first place. Glad that the GT variants retain them.
It would have been welcome if the GT variants got rear discs and a front armrest. Not sure why VW believes in subtle changes alone. The blacked out mirrors and spoilers do not make sense and add no value to the premium pricing.

Plus the cheap GT TSI sticker continues!!
what i meant was that I am surprised that VW has not the changed the alloys. Like/dislike is a personal opinion. IMO both of them look equally boring.

Front armrest is sorely missed, and it is one of the things I want to get installed post taking delivery.

IMO, the brakes are not that weak a point on the polo. afterall, its not a very heavy car, and is not going to be driven on a tract. an upgrade of the brake pads and better tyres should do a good job. I plan to change the stock tyres to Vredestein Sportrac5 195/60 R15.

The GT TSI sticker on C pillar is easily removed at a car detailing shop.

All-in-all, I would say there are more positives to count on the new GT TSI.
Old 19th August 2014, 16:44   #1805
BHPian

I for one dont like the all black interiors in such a small car. Anywayz the interiors are cramped and with all black, its not gonna give me a good feel.

Not sure how and when, performance cars and black interiors got along.

I had swift for 5 years and when I stepped in my Bro's dezire it seemed a far better place with black and biege combination.
Old 20th August 2014, 16:07   #1806
BHPian

Hello guys,

Since the deliveries of both the GT cars are about to commence, I am in a fix: to choose the TDI or the automatic TSI?

Please help me with your suggestions. Thanks.
Old 20th August 2014, 16:56   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello guys,

Since the deliveries of both the GT cars are about to commence, I am in a fix: to choose the TDI or the automatic TSI?

Since there is no specific requirements and budget constraints mentioned, I'd suggest GT TSI over TDI.

But if you are really keen about buying the car for yourself, I would suggest you list out your requirements and priorities. That would help others in giving you better more sensible suggestions suited to your requirements, which would help you in making an informed choice.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 17:00   #1808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,

I would go with the GT TSI, if I were you. Some reasons:
  • Price of petrol coming down and Diesel going up, soon there will be no difference in prices
  • Cities getting more crowded, the increased comfort and a relaxed commute the auto transmission can offer will be a boon in the years to come
  • GT TDI unlikely to be as much of a stonker as the previous model due to reduced engine size/capacity, although on-paper power ratings are identical.
  • GT TSI comes with features like Auto Hill Hold and ESC which are invaluable when the situation demands, like parking on an upward slope.
  • GT TDI will have an India specific engine which is being localized, possibility of niggles in the initial batches made in Chakan, whereas the TSI engine is still going to come from the Czech republic, where they have made 11 million engines so far: http://www.volkswagenag.com/content/...th_engine.html
  • Although VW has received significant excise benefits (from 27% to 8%) from the engine downsizing, they have not passed on a single penny to the customer of the GT TDI, seems unfair to me!
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 02:07   #1809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
  • Price of petrol coming down and Diesel going up, soon there will be no difference in prices
One will still get a lot more miles out of a tankful of diesel than a tankful of petrol.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 09:30   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,
I was in similar dilemma, and I went for the "GT TSi" because of the below reasons
- GT TSi comes with ESP.
- GT TSi comes with the DSG, which is one of the best.

But, if there was "GT TDi DSG", most probably I would have gone for that.

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 21st August 2014 at 09:31.
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 10:48   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe the following exchange from Alice in Wonderland is helpful:

“Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?

The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.

Alice: I don't much care where.

The Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go."

If you are unsure about which one to choose even after carefully considering what you need and what's out there; simply toss a coin. It just doesn't matter!

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:00   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in a fix: to choose the TDI or the automatic TSI?
I am sure you have already made your choice by now.

If you don't see a lot of running, the Tsi is the way to go. Trust me, the convenience and brilliance of the dsg is something you will realize only after you own one.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:10   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Wow! All black interiors with piano black garnish, Milan Titanschwarz upholstery, and the older alloys. I like it. VW have picked well from the existing basket for the new GT.

Gloss black roof would have completed it.
Old 21st August 2014, 17:20   #1814
BHPian

Hi,

Which color do you think will suit best on the GT twins?Just spoke to someone from Volkswagen group Sales India Pvt Ltd and got to know that the GTs are coming in 3 colors: Carbon Steel, Candy White and Flash Red.

My pick would NOT be Carbon Steel. Not too sure between White and Red. White looks too plane BUT Red might look boring over time. Therefore, confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wow! All black interiors with piano black garnish, Milan Titanschwarz upholstery, and the older alloys. I like it. VW have picked well from the existing basket for the new GT.

Gloss black roof would have completed it.
Old 21st August 2014, 17:42   #1815
BANNED

Quote:
[*]Price of petrol coming down and Diesel going up, soon there will be no difference in prices
Better range from a diesel car is standard even if prices go up. It'll be slightly economical when compared to a petrol though the difference won't be high but still.

I know there is DSG in the petrol to help matters but my pick would remain a GT TDI irrespective of fuel prices BUT majorly depending on the usage of the car.

Quote:
[*]Although VW has received significant excise benefits (from 27% to 8%) from the engine downsizing, they have not passed on a single penny to the customer of the GT TDI, seems unfair to me!
Fully agree with you. Bad on part of VW.

"VW - The premium car manufacturer"

Quote:
Hi,
Which color do you think will suit best on the GT twins?Just spoke to someone from Volkswagen group Sales India Pvt Ltd and got to know that the GTs are coming in 3 colors: Carbon Steel, Candy White and Flash Red.
Carbon steel looks great in person, I did see it when I went for the TD of the regular 1.5 TDI.

If you don't want the steel then Flash Red it is.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks