Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2015, 09:51   #2551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
VW Palace Cross had a pre-facelift TSI for TD. I don't remember if it was white or red. Don't they have it anymore?
Im not sure.
I havent visited the palace cross showroom at all.
OT- VW not keeping a car even as a showpiece is a bit dull.
Can't they take one car and keep it in the showroom?
How can the customer be satisfied to book the car without even looking at it?
Old 11th January 2015, 13:44   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
My attempts to testdrive the Polo-Tsi didn't succeed in Bangalore, so thought of doing so on my visit to Mumbai. Walked into Volkswagen North Mumbai's showroom and was introduced to a "Polo-expert" and here are her comments:

- They don't have a testdrive vehicle anywhere in the region as only 2/10 customers are looking for petrol. Moreover, they have a queue of 600 people waiting outside the showroom to buy a GT Tsi. But, if I'm okay with red color I can have it in a day.
- To get a feel of the Polo-Tsi, she recommended that I drive a 3-cyl petrol polo as the turbo doesn't make that much of a difference. To get a feel of the gearbox, I was asked to drive a Vento-Tdi and piece all of it together in my brain and imagine what a Polo-Tsi would feel like. Felt bad about having a weak imagination.
- Upon asking about warranty on DSG gearbox, she said manuals come with a 2-yr warranty, but, there is NO WARRANTY on DSG.
- In Mumbai, cars from non-german manufacturers have to repainted every year because of rust issues, while the polo comes with a 3-yr anti-rust warranty.
- GT is a sportscar and comparing it to any other car is sacrilege. And, I should buy it because she says so.

I have bought 3-4 cars so far and have talked to several people in car sales. But, no-one came anywhere close to this lady, so thought I would be doing injustice to humanity if I didn't share her wisdom on this forum.

Arrogance and ignorance at its very best. They seem to have more sales margins on the 1.2 P and 1.5 D. VW seems to be finding it expensive to train the sales guys on the GT variants.
The moment you ask the sales exec for a GT it's like an Audi for them.
I had a similar interaction where the sales rep outright told me that the GT is expensive and I could opt for a Vento at the same price.
God knows how these buffoons will sell the GTI or the golf if VW ends up launching them.
Try asking all the engine specs and you will get an idea of their lack of knowledge.
VW HQ. Please re look your sales training programs!
Old 12th January 2015, 22:10   #2553
BHPian

What I understand from a couple of Mumbai dealers is that for TD vehicles, VW have replaced Polo with Vento TSI cars. I did manage a TD of Polo TSI as the TD car at a particular dealership was purchased by the sales manager there.
Further, the on road price has increased by 40K in Jan!
Old 13th January 2015, 08:00   #2554
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAY24 View Post
What I understand from a couple of Mumbai dealers is that for TD vehicles, VW have replaced Polo with Vento TSI cars. I did manage a TD of Polo TSI as the TD car at a particular dealership was purchased by the sales manager there.
Further, the on road price has increased by 40K in Jan!
That is correct, I was supposed to get my TSI in December, the price was 9.99 without with all the fittings I had opted for, I called them in December and they said they didn't have a car available, they called again this week and said there's a car available for 10.35 as all car prices have gone up. I'll get it this week, at a 35k premium. And they also said there's going to be another price hike in march once they start selling the models that have been manufactured in 2015
Old 13th January 2015, 11:07   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
they called again this week and said there's a car available for 10.35 as all car prices have gone up. I'll get it this week, at a 35k premium. And they also said there's going to be another price hike in march once they start selling the models that have been manufactured in 2015
The prices for most cars have gone up due to excise duty increase, but that increase should be applicable only on 2015 manufactured cars. I don't understand the statement unless VW is increasing the price over and above the increased excise.
Old 13th January 2015, 11:21   #2556
BHPian

I wasn't sure either, the people at the showroom don't seem to be very knowledgeable, From what I understood, they manufacture the cars in batches, and they are currently getting finishing off the 2014 manufactured polos, that should be done by march or april. All cars/bikes being sold from January are being sold at a higher cost than they were last year, and all of them were probably built in 2014. Whether this is a loophole being exploited by the manufacturers or if this is the actual procedure that is supposed to be followed, I don't know
Old 13th January 2015, 19:03   #2557
BHPian

The dealer has a white colour car available at Dec'14 rates. Have decided to go ahead with it since it doesn't make sense to pay 40K for a different colour.
Old 17th January 2015, 00:30   #2558
BHPian

Booked a flash red tsi today. I have been given a two month waiting period, SA has assured delivery within a month. Total on road price in Bangalore is, WAIT FOR IT, ₹ 10,38,000. Yep you read it right, the price just got bat crazy. I hope its worth it's moolah

At least in Bangalore VW should give some discount on the tsi model as the tax is highest.

Quote:
And they also said there's going to be another price hike in march once they start selling the models that have been manufactured in 2015
I just booked a tsi, my SA told me that he will be giving me a 2015 manufactured car.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 17th January 2015 at 00:36.
Old 17th January 2015, 10:12   #2559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Booked a flash red tsi today. I have been given a two month waiting period, SA has assured delivery within a month. Total on road price in Bangalore is, WAIT FOR IT, ₹ 10,38,000. Yep you read it right, the price just got bat crazy. I hope its worth it's moolah

At least in Bangalore VW should give some discount on the tsi model as the tax is highest.

I just booked a tsi, my SA told me that he will be giving me a 2015 manufactured car.
I'm not sure what's going on. It was 9.8 when I booked it and then VW hiked the price to 9.99, which is what I was told I'd be paying in December. When I called them in December they had no cars to sell, they called me in the first week of Jan and said they had two cars that just came in and the price was now 10.35 because of the hike in excise. I think the cars were made in the last batch of 2014 and are being delivered in 2015. He also said that VW is planning for another price hike in 2015 around march end, possibly for models built in 2015 which might have some further changes, but I'm not entirely sure of this so it's better if you check with the showroom. In any case, my car is being registered, finally, and I should be getting it in the next few days. (had to fight with them for free footmats)

Am I not supposed to be paying the excise amount for cars made in 2014?

Last edited by Optimus Prime : 17th January 2015 at 10:13.
Old 17th January 2015, 10:29   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
I think the cars were made in the last batch of 2014 and are being delivered in 2015. He also said that VW is planning for another price hike in 2015 around march end, possibly for models built in 2015 which might have some further changes, but I'm not entirely sure of this so it's better if you check with the showroom. In any case, my car is being registered, finally, and I should be getting it in the next few days. (had to fight with them for free footmats)

Am I not supposed to be paying the excise amount for cars made in 2014?
When a car leaves a showroom we are meant to pay the price that applies at that time unfortunately this translates to giving extra due to excise hike. I have been assured that I will be getting a 2015 manufactured vehicle, double checked with my SA after your comment apparently there are no 2014 manufactured vehicles and another price hike in March well all I can say is that this car will truly become exclusive and very few people will pick it up. Another 30K hike and that pitches itself next to 11L where Vento, Fiesta, Verna and other sedans have made a mark for themselves.

VW is not giving any freebies I am still haggling for free mats but they're giving me a faster delivery instead of mats. I need faster delivery and those foot mats
Old 17th January 2015, 10:38   #2561
BHPian

Quote:
When a car leaves a showroom we are meant to pay the price that applies at that time unfortunately this translates to giving extra due to excise hike. I have been assured that I will be getting a 2015 manufactured vehicle, double checked with my SA after your comment apparently there are no 2014 manufactured vehicles and another price hike in March well all I can say is that this car will truly become exclusive and very few people will pick it up. Another 30K hike and that pitches itself next to 11L where Vento, Fiesta, Verna and other sedans have made a mark for themselves.

VW is not giving any freebies I am still haggling for free mats but they're giving me a faster delivery instead of mats. I need faster delivery and those foot mats
Ah so if you're getting it in march then it is going to be 2015, thats what the guy said as well, they are still clearing out the last batch of 2014 till then, among which is my car. He said that there could be a price hike in march for the 2015 models, which you have confirmed that there isn't. But I didn't want to take the risk or wait any longer. I can't pay any more for a small car, even if it's premium. Just out of curiosity, what's the on road price of the TSI in other cities?
Old 17th January 2015, 11:49   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Ah so if you're getting it in march then it is going to be 2015, thats what the guy said as well, they are still clearing out the last batch of 2014 till then, among which is my car. He said that there could be a price hike in march for the 2015 models, which you have confirmed that there isn't. But I didn't want to take the risk or wait any longer. I can't pay any more for a small car, even if it's premium. Just out of curiosity, what's the on road price of the TSI in other cities?
Yep since delivery is on March or maybe February I will be getting a 2015 car! Now on the topic of price hike, SA has assured me that there wont be any further price hikes. I would have taken the same decision as you, don't care if its 2014 or 2015 driving the car would be important to me.

Onroad prices in other cities as follows:

Mumbai: 9.59L
Hyderabad: 9.70L (post hike)
Delhi, Gurgaon: 9L (post hike)
Kottayam: 9.22 (post hike)
Chennai: 9.72 (rough guess)
Old 17th January 2015, 11:50   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Yep since delivery is on March or maybe February I will be getting a 2015 car! Now on the topic of price hike, SA has assured me that there wont be any further price hikes. I would have taken the same decision as you, don't care if its 2014 or 2015 driving the car would be important to me.

Onroad prices in other cities as follows:

Mumbai: 9.59L
Hyderabad: 9.70L (post hike)
Delhi, Gurgaon: 9L (post hike)
Kottayam: 9.22 (post hike)
Chennai: 9.72 (rough guess)
Thats crazy, the tax here is too much. And the traffic is still the worst!!
Old 17th January 2015, 19:10   #2564
BHPian

There's a monster in my garage

Optimus Prime is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 19:54   #2565
BHPian

Congrats on buying your garage monster. She looks great in white. Prepare a lengthy ownership review! Please share the buying experience. Any freebies which you got?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks