Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 16:59   #2536
BHPian

Quick question.
Can you change the gear from D to S or any other mode when the car is in motion?
Old 7th January 2015, 18:03   #2537
BHPian

D to S..yes you can. Also to triptronic.
Others are P and R, which u need to be at a standstill i guess.
Old 7th January 2015, 18:23   #2538
BHPian

Oh sorry for the late reply but congrats on your GT microaubin!!
Please do start your own ownership thread and upload some sorely missed pictures of the beauty.
Old 8th January 2015, 20:02   #2539
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Has the delivery period of the Tsi reduced? Members seem to be getting their car in just one month waiting period?
Old 8th January 2015, 20:19   #2540
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Has the delivery period of the Tsi reduced? Members seem to be getting their car in just one month waiting period?
I got it in two days
Old 9th January 2015, 06:34   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Depends on the color.
I booked a white polo GT tsi last week and delivery was quoted to be by the end of january , however the flash red GT and the grey GT were available immediately.
Old 9th January 2015, 09:18   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
Depends on the color.
I booked a white polo GT tsi last week and delivery was quoted to be by the end of january , however the flash red GT and the grey GT were available immediately.
Took mine 3 months to get. Maybe it gets faster in the metros or maybe big dealerships.

However I was offered white several times and grey one time. Red is the hardest to get I believe.
Old 9th January 2015, 13:53   #2543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
@anandpadhye, this is excellent news. I'm assuming that you have checked and doublechecked with VW that this will not affect your vehicle warranty in any manner? I am actually looking to get this change done too hence your experience will be very relevant. Also, what about the old headlights? Will VW be providing any discount for that...or are you gonna take the Classifieds route to sell those?

Sorry, somehow missed your post as I was posting from the service center using my phone. Warranty is the sour part - dealer is saying the headlight warranty will not be available but the rest of the vehicle warranty will be intact. His reason was these new headlights and their child parts won't appear in the database against my VIN. VW should have officially offered this as an upgrade.

Regarding the old headlights, I have to find a buyer
Old 9th January 2015, 17:23   #2544
BHPian

My attempts to testdrive the Polo-Tsi didn’t succeed in Bangalore, so thought of doing so on my visit to Mumbai. Walked into Volkswagen North Mumbai’s showroom and was introduced to a “Polo-expert” and here are her comments:

- They don’t have a testdrive vehicle anywhere in the region as only 2/10 customers are looking for petrol. Moreover, they have a queue of 600 people waiting outside the showroom to buy a GT Tsi. But, if I’m okay with red color I can have it in a day.
- To get a feel of the Polo-Tsi, she recommended that I drive a 3-cyl petrol polo as the turbo doesn’t make that much of a difference. To get a feel of the gearbox, I was asked to drive a Vento-Tdi and piece all of it together in my brain and imagine what a Polo-Tsi would feel like. Felt bad about having a weak imagination.
- Upon asking about warranty on DSG gearbox, she said manuals come with a 2-yr warranty, but, there is NO WARRANTY on DSG.
- In Mumbai, cars from non-german manufacturers have to repainted every year because of rust issues, while the polo comes with a 3-yr anti-rust warranty.
- GT is a sportscar and comparing it to any other car is sacrilege. And, I should buy it because she says so.

I have bought 3-4 cars so far and have talked to several people in car sales. But, no-one came anywhere close to this lady, so thought I would be doing injustice to humanity if I didn’t share her wisdom on this forum.
Su-47 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 18:27   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone, been hooked to this and few other Polo GT TSI threads on team-bhp. Was curious to know about the colors available for the GT TSI. Do they have it in the dark metallic blue, silver and the dark grey shades? Or are they still just selling white, black and red?
Old 9th January 2015, 21:16   #2546
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Hi everyone, been hooked to this and few other Polo GT TSI threads on team-bhp. Was curious to know about the colors available for the GT TSI. Do they have it in the dark metallic blue, silver and the dark grey shades? Or are they still just selling white, black and red?
White, red and carbon steel.
Would request you to check the VW website for basic details.
Old 9th January 2015, 21:40   #2547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
My attempts to testdrive the Polo-Tsi didn’t succeed in Bangalore
Even from VW Palace Cross? These chaps were brilliant when a colleague was shopping for the GT. He ended up buying the Vento Tsi though. They were the only dealer to offer a a Vento Tsi test drive and there was no cap on the distance of the drive. I don't know if this chap is still around at Palace Cross. If you do call them up, ask for Bojanna.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 22:58   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Even from VW Palace Cross? These chaps were brilliant when a colleague was shopping for the GT. He ended up buying the Vento Tsi though. They were the only dealer to offer a a Vento Tsi test drive and there was no cap on the distance of the drive. I don't know if this chap is still around at Palace Cross. If you do call them up, ask for Bojanna.
VW palace cross is quite far from my place, so didn't approach them. Thanks, will give them a try!
Old 11th January 2015, 06:08   #2549
BHPian

I had gone to the mysore road showroom yesterday to ask for a test drive of the GT.
To my dismay, the sales lady spoke to the manager and told me that no showroom in bangalire has the demo GT since there is a very high demand and tgey havent been able to keep a demo car. She promised me a vento tsi test drive though.
Old 11th January 2015, 09:05   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
...told me that no showroom in bangalire has the demo GT...
VW Palace Cross had a pre-facelift TSI for TD. I don't remember if it was white or red. Don't they have it anymore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks